Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

AMENDING MENU CHAT FEATURE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Hello, Professors...

I got the mind to write you when I noticed a particularly pesky issue...

Whether I am in boss battle, or if I am making cards for friends, I always have issues with not being ble to inform the "mute" players (also known as players with menu chat, for those of you not in the know) to refrain from attacking or taking my buffs, etc...

This has forced me to lose many a boss battle due to my having dumped cards for my power max hit. Also, there have been times where friends and I have just wanted to hang out alone, and chill out. Then, there are the times when a "mute" "friend" ports in and we cannot ask them to leave or not to attack.

The "mute" feature is awesome for parental control purposes, please do not get me wrong. HOWEVER, "mute chat" needs to be amended. There NEED to be amended features to it. For instance, we need to be able to say:
"PLEASE DO NOT ATTACK"
"COULD YOU PLEASE LEAVE"
"COULD I PLEASE ASK YOU TO LEAVE"
"I AM MAKING CARDS"
"PLEASE LEAVE AND LOG OUT AND BACK ON, YOU HAVE
MESSED UP OUR INSTANCE"

Sincerely,

KESTREL SHADOWBANE
Level 50 Grand Master Pyromancer
FIRE / DEATH / LIFE

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Kestral...

You are very correct in noticing that this is a problem. Even the youngest player should show respect to others and not hinder the fun of the game for them.

This would be a very good way for KI to implenent a protocol for our younger players to learn respect??

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
rockeralliance wrote:
"PLEASE LEAVE AND LOG OUT AND BACK ON, YOU HAVE MESSED UP OUR INSTANCE"

Wait, if someone leave an instance and then logs out the instance counter resets so someone else can port in after them?

Keeping on the topic the thread, though, here's another:

"Please do not port to me uninvited"

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
yea it does get annoying when menu chat players waste your shields and come when you dont want them i really agree with you

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
First, it's not just only the Menu Chat players who can port to you unannounced. Any and all people who have you listed in their friends list can port to you if able to.

As for making cards? Well, it's great to do that, most do it in Unicorn Way. However, asking someone to leave and log out because it's disrupting YOUR game? What about their game? You won't be out but a minute or so of your time if another player jumps in while you are making cards. And they probably need to either do a quest, or are doing the same thing.

If you really want peace and quiet for the most part, something I do, and have found it works great, is to go to a very low populated realm. The ones that say Perfect, versus the FULL and CROWDED ones. I find it's less confusing, and less people are there.

As for people on my friends list porting to me? Well, they are on my friends list. It gets annoying sometimes when you are almost to the point you can beat a monster, and they show up and it messes up the strategy, but they didn't do it intentionally or on purpose.

I don't think asking someone to leave would be a good menu chat though, because I can see it getting used for the wrong reasons. And we have to remember that there is a huge age range that plays this game. It's not just teenagers and older. I've come across (and know personally) a few of the under 8 crowd that plays, and them being told to leave would really hurt their feelings, especially when they really aren't doing anything wrong.