Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New gift cards in 7-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
So there's new gift cards available at 7-11 stores. I'd like to get a few, but I have this MAJOR problem. There isn't a 7-11 within a hundred miles of me. As a matter of fact, I don't think theres any in our state any more. At least after looking at 7-11's store locator on their website, which shows the closest store in Texas. So, how do those of us who are deprived of the 7-11 in our neck of the woods get these cards with the special pets attached? Can we order them through your website?

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Thankyou Wizard101 for solving my credit card problem. Recently, they updated security that I could get around with the subscription, but not with the crowns.

I now don't need to worry about contacting the VISA prepaid Card company about this game.

I can now purchase the Wizard101 game cards from the store. Thanks for making these for us. Now I can buy crowns again to buy holiday items or for housing :-D

I still buy Wizard 101 subscription with Credit card, because it is yearly unlike crowns. :-P

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I went to a 7-11 today and they didn't have any and didn't have a clue what i was asking for either. Also there is no Rite Aids in my state. Also why is Rite Aid gonna get $20 cards and not the 7-11's? Why wouldn't you release the cards through Wal-mart or Target they are almost everywhere? They deffinatly need to allow us to purchase them online somewhere. Lastly why a $20 card when crowns are sold in $10 then $25 increments, why not a $25 card instead of a $20?

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
Sorry but I have to add my 2 cents.

Gift card info also stated that those that buy a gift card will also get a special pet. I paid for a whole year via online and didn't get a special pet but I did get half price for my membership.

I just want KI to make sure that you consider ALL of your customers when you hand out various perks/benefits for your memberships. You can sometimes unintentionlly make your loyal members feel left out.

Thanks

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Rikard22 wrote:
I went to a 7-11 today and they didn't have any and didn't have a clue what i was asking for either.

I have done a survey in my area, which has a lot of 7-11s. As of last night, I stopped into my 14th store:
6 None, and the mangement could care less.
2 The cards come in beginning of the month, should be here soon.
4 Cards were out ($10, all Dragon pet)
2 Cards were in the back, and as it wasn't busy, they went back
and found for me. ($10, all Dragon pet)

I was there when a pack was opened, for some reason I don't understand, all the cards were Dragon pet. These were the only ones that were to come in that month in the estimation of the store owner.

As a note, I just stopped in when I saw them in my normal flow of errands, as I said, we are 7-11 dense here (though pig pet lite!!!)

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Rikard22 wrote:
I went to a 7-11 today and they didn't have any and didn't have a clue what i was asking for either.

I have done a survey in my area, which has a lot of 7-11s. As of last night, I stopped into my 14th store:

I was there when a pack was opened, for some reason I don't understand, all the cards were Dragon pet. These were the only ones that were to come in that month in the estimation of the store owner.

As a note, I just stopped in when I saw them in my normal flow of errands, as I said, we are 7-11 dense here (though pig pet lite!!!)

Same here my dad when to a 7 11 and all they had were dragon cards

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
driftblim275 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
Rikard22 wrote:

Same here my dad when to a 7 11 and all they had were dragon cards

My fiance' and I stopped today and got 2 $10 ones.... they also only had the dragon ones? She wanted the pig.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Just taking a guess, here, but I am thinking that the Sets are divided up between 7-11 and Rite-Aid. 7-11 gets a $10 card (Power Dragon) while Rite-Aid gets a different $10 card (Happy Piggle) and a $20 card (Defender Pig).

Like I said, it's just a guess, but we'll find out soon enough.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Few comments -

To the person (Maryanne?) who had the credit card problem buying crowns? Try it again. I had the same problem. And it was frustrating me. But KI was kind, and worked with me through the problem. They discovered what the problem was, and I am able to again purchase crowns.

As for the people who keep asking about Target and Wal-Mart and the like? They are NOT everywhere. I don't have either in my county, much less town. The closest Target is over a 30 minute drive away, and the closest Wal-Mart is over an hour away. Oh, and that's on perfect, no bad weather, no traffic days.

We also don't have a 7-11 anywhere near us, but I am glad there is a Rite-Aid.

I would like to see KI add an option to purchase these online through wizard101.com. I'm willing to pay the shipping fee needed to have them sent to my home. I'm looking forward to when the Rite-Aid ones are in Rite-Aid, and am hoping it's done in time for my nieces upcoming birthday.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
WarlockWiz wrote:
Sorry but I have to add my 2 cents.

Gift card info also stated that those that buy a gift card will also get a special pet. I paid for a whole year via online and didn't get a special pet but I did get half price for my membership.

I just want KI to make sure that you consider ALL of your customers when you hand out various perks/benefits for your memberships. You can sometimes unintentionlly make your loyal members feel left out.

Thanks

I think you are thinking of it as something special. Basically, it boils down to this...It is a product. If you want the product, then purchase it. If you don't want it, don't purchase it.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Could you ever get those cards to CVS stores? It'll really help me out here because there isnt a 7-11 within 375 miles of us :[ :-(

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
redvelvetroses wrote:
Can you use the $10 cards to pay for monthly $10 subscriptions?

Yes, when you enter the code upon redemption, you choose either to apply it to Crowns or Subscription.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
The main reason for cards like these are for people who don't have credit/debit cards or are afraid to use them for on-line purchases. If you are able to purchase a gift card online, then obviously you are capable of already being able to purchase crowns and subscriptions without having to get a gift card. For you to order a gift card on-line is counter productive and a waste of your money, since you would be having to pay extra for shipping.

As for yearly subrscibers not getting a "gift", well - you saved 50% on your membership. Use that savings to buy a high crown pet or item that not many people have because they don't want to pay that ammt of money. You already got a great deal, so don't be greedy.

We no longer have 7-11's in our area, but there are a few Rite-Aids, so I'm going to be on the lookout for what cards they have... and I'll also throw my hat into the "Target" ring. Target carries many of these type of cards for other on-line games, so I was really hoping they would have some.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I didn't get a chance to apply to subscription, just to crowns. Then again, I went the cheap path and took KI up on the reduced yearly earlier :-)

My only question is if we can use multiple cards to build up on the crowns chart (to get the extra crowns for the larger purchases)...or is that being too greedy (yeah, greedy little pig here (but not a defender)

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
For those who respond with the increase of price for shipping. I would have to say why ship. all your gettin is a number to put into the code slot. That could be sent to your email.

I also see how this helps with those who dont have credit cards or are afraid to use them online. I see them only starting out with rite-aid and 7/11's to just see how this works out. Give it time... i'm sure you will see them everywhere else that carries gift cards like cvs and targets.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
gsayers9686 wrote:
redvelvetroses wrote:
Can you use the $10 cards to pay for monthly $10 subscriptions?

Yes, when you enter the code upon redemption, you choose either to apply it to Crowns or Subscription.

Thank you :-)

I walked to the 7-11 by me today. The worker told me to look where they had the other gift cards and if it wasn't there then he had no idea. I was kinda bummed they didn't have them since they had a gift card for about every other online game. There are a few other 7-11s that we would have to drive to so I'm going to try and get to them this weekend.