Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strange Biology

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Weird biology in the spiral:

1. When two wizards breed their pets together, two eggs are always layed. Each wizard gets an egg. But when one wizard breeds two pets only one egg gets layed.

My theory on this is that two eggs are always layed, but when only one wizard is breeding Doctor Purreau at the Wizard City Hatchery steals one egg when you aren't watching and sells it on the black market to pet shops around the spiral. Thats why its so much cheaper to buy a pet than to hatch one.

2. Are wizard world pets hermaphrodites? It doesn't seem to matter which combination of pets you breed, eggs always get layed.

3. Isn't it strange that hound dogs lay eggs?

4. I'm sure we are all surprised that a piglet can breed with a starfish.

Also, i have noticed that often the word "hatching" is used instead of "laying". Hatching only happens when an animal comes out of an egg.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
You, my friend, have given me and my icehound a healthy dose a dark humor. My pet is gonna be on it's guard when "laying" its eggs. These pets weren't bred in the US of A, buddy.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
RottenHeart on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
Weird biology in the spiral:

1. When two wizards breed their pets together, two eggs are always layed. Each wizard gets an egg. But when one wizard breeds two pets only one egg gets layed.

My theory on this is that two eggs are always layed, but when only one wizard is breeding Doctor Purreau at the Wizard City Hatchery steals one egg when you aren't watching and sells it on the black market to pet shops around the spiral. Thats why its so much cheaper to buy a pet than to hatch one.

2. Are wizard world pets hermaphrodites? It doesn't seem to matter which combination of pets you breed, eggs always get layed.

3. Isn't it strange that hound dogs lay eggs?

4. I'm sure we are all surprised that a piglet can breed with a starfish.

Also, i have noticed that often the word "hatching" is used instead of "laying". Hatching only happens when an animal comes out of an egg.
this is wizard 101 not real life. Do we cast spells in real life? Nope.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
masterryan1969 on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
this is wizard 101 not real life. Do we cast spells in real life? Nope.
Thanks for clearing that up, sometimes I get confused.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009