Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Proposition to allow pet talent trades

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Please consider adding the ability to change your pet talents. Like for instance if you have a pet with say sprite and a pet with another rare ability, Allow someway of letting the 2 pets exchange the talent. You could even make it so the talents that are switched have to be the same in rarety so its fair. Many players want certain abilities but want the look to go with it. The other option is allow a pet graphic to be changed, That would work also. Or even consider a crowns purchased item that gives certain pet abilities to the pets. The system now is purely chance and needs some stability.
Thanks.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Pet hatching allows you to get talents onto pet breeds that normally don't have those talents. It is also one of the time and crown sinks in the game. Your idea would be pretty cool, but it would make the existing system obsolete.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Wouldn't make it totally obsolete since I hatch all the time for a pet I don't have. Today I finally got a carnation pixie that I've been wanting a long time for my garden. Her talents turned out so awesome (she's hatched from a friend's pixie and my mega awesome polar cat) that I think I may equip her instead. I'll actually probably be breeding her down to try to get one for the garden. (My life has a garden full of pixies that trail her satyr around like he's a rock star but was missing this one.) My fire on my other account has a burning pixie I'd like him to equip (I made him pretty fierce looking and think it'd be comical to have that pretty little thing trailing him) so I'll probably hatch these two, hoping he gets a better burning pixie and my Life gets a worse carnation pixie.

However, another wizard on another account has a mega snake in basket with awesome talents. I really want her to have her cute little leopard traipsing around with her. If I could swap the talents, well, I would pay crowns for that. I'd probably pay 500 crowns or even 1,000 for that ability. Maybe a crown thing in the hatchery where we can take two of our pets and trade abilities. Maybe 250 crowns for each swapped talent. If we did all five, it'd be 1,250 crowns. Heck, I'd go double that, maybe more. It'd be awesome and KI would make a lot of money. You'd have to limit it to your own pets though to prevent misunderstandings and arguments and also because one pet's going to be worse in the end.

KI's reluctant to do a stitch pet possibility and many consider it too gruesome. This could be a less gory-sounding way of doing the same thing. I'd still do the hatch I'm planning between accounts. More than once if that's what it takes to get a burning pixie to the Fire and a lower carnation pixie for the garden. (I have decided I like the idea of equipping the one who turned out far more awesome than I expected her to.) And I only have said polar cat that was her daddy because I kept hatching with a friend because I wanted that blue cat really bad. I think I'd use both, hatching and this and this is the one I'm willing to pay crowns for.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
A while back, and on several different threads, I suggested a Crown pet accessory that's a Pet Charm Necklace. The idea being that we would buy one Charm Necklace that comes with one automatic talent like maybe Spritely. Then we'd purchase different talent charms to add to it.

So for gold, we could continue hatching up our pets as we are now. Or for crowns we could give up on that process and just buy enchanted accessories that would give the pet the talents we want.

On one hand this would be a pretty expensive initial buy for the first necklace and charm, since it bypasses the Mega Snacks and Elixirs people buy now. On the other hand the charm add-ons should be fairly inexpensive to promote the buying of specialized sets. One set for dungeons, one for daily battle, one for certain environments like all Ice foes or what ever. One set for being the healer on a team or the attacker.

There would have to be limits - for fairness. So a pet now has 5 possible talents. With the Charms that wouldn't change. But There'd have to be a button on the pet card where you equip a Talent Charm on a certain line and it deactivates that natural talent. So I'd equip Sprite Charm on my Crafty line and leave the natural Sharp Shot alone.

Also, since pets are easily passable thru the Shared Bank - I'd suggest the charms and necklace be passable, too. Since if it's NO Trade and expensive I'd only buy one on my main wizard. But if it was trade-able and only moderately expensive I'd buy specific sets for each wizard and not fear losing my investment if I delete the character. I know this is true because I have Lots of duplicate items because I don't like having to go back and and get something I forgot. I just have about 8 mounts and Lots of gear.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Helenie Nightseer on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
A while back, and on several different threads, I suggested a Crown pet accessory that's a Pet Charm Necklace. The idea being that we would buy one Charm Necklace that comes with one automatic talent like maybe Spritely. Then we'd purchase different talent charms to add to it.

So for gold, we could continue hatching up our pets as we are now. Or for crowns we could give up on that process and just buy enchanted accessories that would give the pet the talents we want.

On one hand this would be a pretty expensive initial buy for the first necklace and charm, since it bypasses the Mega Snacks and Elixirs people buy now. On the other hand the charm add-ons should be fairly inexpensive to promote the buying of specialized sets. One set for dungeons, one for daily battle, one for certain environments like all Ice foes or what ever. One set for being the healer on a team or the attacker.

There would have to be limits - for fairness. So a pet now has 5 possible talents. With the Charms that wouldn't change. But There'd have to be a button on the pet card where you equip a Talent Charm on a certain line and it deactivates that natural talent. So I'd equip Sprite Charm on my Crafty line and leave the natural Sharp Shot alone.

Also, since pets are easily passable thru the Shared Bank - I'd suggest the charms and necklace be passable, too. Since if it's NO Trade and expensive I'd only buy one on my main wizard. But if it was trade-able and only moderately expensive I'd buy specific sets for each wizard and not fear losing my investment if I delete the character. I know this is true because I have Lots of duplicate items because I don't like having to go back and and get something I forgot. I just have about 8 mounts and Lots of gear.
I think I'd prefer a flat out trade between two of my pets for a fee. That way we'd still have to train them to first have a talent but I bring the leopard to mega (and all that means for KI in way of megas and elixirs) and pay to trade for each item I want to on the mega snake in basket, which would be four all told as the leopard already has spritely.

The charm necklace is making it too easy. You should at least still have to train and unlock pet talents. Besides, how would you know what they're going to get. You shouldn't just be able to buy the necklace and voila! your pet's mega.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
I think I'd prefer a flat out trade between two of my pets for a fee. That way we'd still have to train them to first have a talent but I bring the leopard to mega (and all that means for KI in way of megas and elixirs) and pay to trade for each item I want to on the mega snake in basket, which would be four all told as the leopard already has spritely.

The charm necklace is making it too easy. You should at least still have to train and unlock pet talents. Besides, how would you know what they're going to get. You shouldn't just be able to buy the necklace and voila! your pet's mega.
Agreed a flat out trade would be good too.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I think that KI make plenty of money from overpriced mega snack packs. If you can make perfect pet from the first pet you have then they will lose money. I don't think they will like that idea.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Not if they charged high dollar for the talent purchase. It might even out and theyd have alot happier players.