Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

berserk

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
this star spell is 40% incoming and 30% outgoing damage for 4 rounds.
i thought it was 40% incoming and 30% outgoing health for 4 rounds.
is this a bug?

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
morph250 wrote:
thanks but whats the point of it when there is a chance you could die

There's only a chance you could die if you're stupid with it. Berzerk is a very situational spell~ my Death wizard's pet has it as a talent, and it's been both a blessing and a curse. Obviously, I don't use it in boss battles (because bosses in Avalon, especially Storm ones, critical on almost every move and I don't want 40% added to that already-insane damage). But, in street fights, it definitely helps get those mobs out of the way faster.

A lot of it is common sense~ you're not going to cast Berzerk if you have 1000 health left and the other guy's sitting on 12 pips... That's what I mean, by being stupid with it. If you're a Death wiz, boosted damage means boosted drains, so it does add +30% to some of your healing. Still not a good idea if you're three-quarters dead, but you can always hope that the other guy will fizz, right?

-veebz
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper

Survivor
Oct 13, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
There's only a chance you could die if you're stupid with it. Berzerk is a very situational spell~ my Death wizard's pet has it as a talent, and it's been both a blessing and a curse. Obviously, I don't use it in boss battles (because bosses in Avalon, especially Storm ones, critical on almost every move and I don't want 40% added to that already-insane damage). But, in street fights, it definitely helps get those mobs out of the way faster.

A lot of it is common sense~ you're not going to cast Berzerk if you have 1000 health left and the other guy's sitting on 12 pips... That's what I mean, by being stupid with it. If you're a Death wiz, boosted damage means boosted drains, so it does add +30% to some of your healing. Still not a good idea if you're three-quarters dead, but you can always hope that the other guy will fizz, right?

-veebz
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper
A lot of it is common sense~ you're not going to cast Berzerk if you have 1000 health left and the other guy's sitting on 12 pips... That's what I mean, by being stupid with it.

Exactly! Berserk is a great spell but very situational. That's why i always save it as the last spell i cast before attacking......essentially sort of avoiding the negative effects before you attack and kill. But mind you, i always try to one shot enemies.....be it through single attacking each one or using an attack all spell. I also spend 95% of my time playing, playing solo. So that works for me, might not for you ;)