Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wooded Cottage No Fountain. A Glitch?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
In the Wooded Cottage where Myrella says " This would be a wonderful spot for a fountain" you cannot place a fountain or anything at all!
My wife purchased the cottage for that specific reason and when she discovered that she could not use that entire area, she was upset to the point of wanting to cancel her subscription! Is that just a problem with her Cottage or is it supposed to be like that? I know about the whole unicorn thing but I think that if that big space is not useable in all of the Wooded Cottages, then it should be made known before spending coins on it and definitely not be used as a selling point in the tour!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
2 things. 1: Canceling a membership because she can't place an object? Anger issues much?

2: Wooded Cottage is bought with gold.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BibleNinja wrote:
In the Wooded Cottage where Myrella says " This would be a wonderful spot for a fountain" you cannot place a fountain or anything at all!
My wife purchased the cottage for that specific reason and when she discovered that she could not use that entire area, she was upset to the point of wanting to cancel her subscription! Is that just a problem with her Cottage or is it supposed to be like that? I know about the whole unicorn thing but I think that if that big space is not useable in all of the Wooded Cottages, then it should be made known before spending coins on it and definitely not be used as a selling point in the tour!

This house is not purchased with Crowns; it is gold earned within the game so costs nothing in 'real' money.
You can place a fountain, but perhaps not in the exact area Myrella suggested. I've owned many of these and have never had a problem.
Perhaps trying other places, or contacting support would help.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
To KingsIsle: Today my wife logged in to Wizard 101 and discovered that she had been gifted a much better house! While looking at the crown shop earlier I discovered that normal members cannot gift a house. I can only assume that it was your company that did so. We would both like to thank you very very much, and this more than makes up for the problem with the cottage! She is very excited, and is continuously praising your company as she decorates her new house.

To kohner00: #1 As a matter of fact, she does have anger issues, and the fact that she was only going to cancel her subscription is actually pretty tame.

#2 Obviously she bought the house with gold, since there is no such thing as "coins" in the game and I never wrote crowns. Stop nitpicking words unless you have a constructive reply.

She wanted me to say thanks again to KingsIsle! It was totally unexpected!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I can't believe KingsIsle gave me this house! Thank you so much! I was really upset last night because I couldn't put anything anywhere in that whole area...not just a fountain. I really appreciate the prompt reply and knowing that KingsIsle has it's member's backs like this makes me feel even better about my whole family playing! You went way above and beyond anything we ever expected! I thought maybe we may get a reason it's like that or something, but instead you guys gave me a new place. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I would give you a hug if I could! :D

Community Leader
Myrella Windspar only gives suggestions, this does not mean that is what is to be there. I have placed items in this spot just takes a bit of learning how to place objects in hard to place spaces.

It was kind of odd to have my unicorn appear inside a fountain though. I buy and sell houses all the time I am happy these smaller houses can be bought with in game gold which makes them free in my mind. After all what did I spend? A bit of time farming for the in game gold = free.

Administrator
You're very welcome SteelDove and thank you for your kind words, both of you.

Random acts of kindness are something I try to do almost every day. I think you're the first person to notice something mysteriously appeared on their account.

Enjoy your house and know that we are looking into the location that Myrella is talking about and we will either change what she says, or make it so that items can be placed in that location.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Oct 21, 2010
OMG KingsIsle is SO nice And as for the Wooded Cottage, There are different kinds of fountains, The fish fountain, lava fountain, iron fountain, ect. so it may just be your fountain.

Nora DragonLeaf-Level 15 Life
Brecken DragonLeaf-Level 6 Death

"I got the seraph pet, I got the seraph pet!"

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Wow kingsisle you guys are so nice a great game and now your gifting houses wow you guys are so generous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!! I love wizard101!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew Lifefist

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Nerdbird3500 on Oct 8, 2012 wrote:
This would be a wonderful place for a fountain doesn't mean that there is going to be a fountain there, so that's why.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
Bibleninja it says its a good spot but a unicorn appears there. That's why it doesn't work. Hope I helped!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
SteelDove on Oct 8, 2012 wrote:
I can't believe KingsIsle gave me this house! Thank you so much! I was really upset last night because I couldn't put anything anywhere in that whole area...not just a fountain. I really appreciate the prompt reply and knowing that KingsIsle has it's member's backs like this makes me feel even better about my whole family playing! You went way above and beyond anything we ever expected! I thought maybe we may get a reason it's like that or something, but instead you guys gave me a new place. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I would give you a hug if I could! :D
What's the house like? i don't have one...