Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix Waterworks with Realms

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
I'm sure everyone has run into this problem at one time or another, you either lose in a duel or an accident happens with your computer while at the end of waterworks, you get disconnected only to find your outside of Waterworks, when you log back in. Sometimes you'll be lucky and log back into the same realm and can continue, but a majority of the times you'll end up in a different realm, and try to teleport back to the realm you were in, only to find it makes you start from the beginning. All that time and work gone down the drain, and why because of an accident? Is that really fair? I can understand if you get defeated in a duel, but if you get disconnected for some reason, why should you lose all your progress? Let us change realms again without losing progress, it's not always because we lose a duel in fact most of the times its because of a connection problem, so change it back I don't see why this was done in the first place.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TheMarksman wrote:
I'm sure everyone has run into this problem at one time or another, you either lose in a duel or an accident happens with your computer while at the end of waterworks, you get disconnected only to find your outside of Waterworks, when you log back in. Sometimes you'll be lucky and log back into the same realm and can continue, but a majority of the times you'll end up in a different realm, and try to teleport back to the realm you were in, only to find it makes you start from the beginning. All that time and work gone down the drain, and why because of an accident? Is that really fair? I can understand if you get defeated in a duel, but if you get disconnected for some reason, why should you lose all your progress? Let us change realms again without losing progress, it's not always because we lose a duel in fact most of the times its because of a connection problem, so change it back I don't see why this was done in the first place.

Unfortunately for us, we can't control our internet connection or external stimuli... If you get booted from the game while in a dungeon, the game registers it as you logged out, which will reset the instance. Yes, it's a pain, but not KI's fault.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Unfortunately for us, we can't control our internet connection or external stimuli... If you get booted from the game while in a dungeon, the game registers it as you logged out, which will reset the instance. Yes, it's a pain, but not KI's fault.

Actually it kinda is...idk if you understand most of this, but sometimes when i get logged out, because of connection or something like that, i'm able to log back in and continue from where I left off. The only times we ever have to start from the beginning is when we log back into a different realm than we were in when we first entered the dungeon. Say i was in Ambrose realm and entered ww, I lose connnection, I log back in only it says i'm in Balestrom realm I enter the dungeon, and none of the progress is lost. I just can't do anything in there cause everything is gone since i'm in a different realm. And if i try to go back to Ambrose realm it'll really make me start from the beginning cause they don't allow realm changes while in dungeons cause of the people who took advantage of Luska. All i want is for them to let us return to the realm we were in without losing progress, afterall they fixed that bug already so why make us pay for their first mistake, and the wrongdoings of those people looking for shortcuts.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TheMarksman wrote:

Actually it kinda is...idk if you understand most of this, but sometimes when i get logged out, because of connection or something like that, i'm able to log back in and continue from where I left off. The only times we ever have to start from the beginning is when we log back into a different realm than we were in when we first entered the dungeon. Say i was in Ambrose realm and entered ww, I lose connnection, I log back in only it says i'm in Balestrom realm I enter the dungeon, and none of the progress is lost. I just can't do anything in there cause everything is gone since i'm in a different realm. And if i try to go back to Ambrose realm it'll really make me start from the beginning cause they don't allow realm changes while in dungeons cause of the people who took advantage of Luska. All i want is for them to let us return to the realm we were in without losing progress, afterall they fixed that bug already so why make us pay for their first mistake, and the wrongdoings of those people looking for shortcuts.

No, still not KI's fault~ unless it's their servers that are crashing and booting you out, it's not something they can control.

This has happened to me before~ usually in street fights, but I did once get booted as I exited Mirror Lake... I lost ALL of my XP and rewards, but I sucked it up, because there's nothing KI can do about it.

When this happens, I'll get booted out and, when I log back in, am still in the same spot (but with notably less health, as though the fight continued after I got booted) or back in the common area (battle continued after I was booted and I was defeated before I could log back in). If this is happening to you often, you or your parents should check with your internet service provider and make sure that these aren't issues on their end.

I understand not allowing realm changes~ technically, when you switch realms, it's not the same instance as the one you started. And yeah, that rule may be in place because some people took advantage, but it's for the greater good that it's still in place.

El Veeb
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper