Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Palace Empty Combat sigil

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I was soloing the Black Palace today, when, after defeating Rasik, I was pulled into an empty combat after destroying the anchor stone. I am currently stuck and it seems the only way to leave the combat is to sign out- erasing my progress in the dungeon. Has anyone else run into this problem? And if so, were you able to solve it?
*Update* It's happened again. It's becoming frustrating that I can't complete this dungeon, through no fault of my own. I would greatly appreciate it if this issue would be looked into. Note: I have been pulled into an unescapable, empty combat in the areas where you fight Maglor and Rasik.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
cca714 wrote:
You might want to try to just get Tim Tim instead. Look here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235347&highlight=tim

Thanks for the advice- I'll keep this in mind if I farm him one day. The only rub is that this is currently my first run through the dungeon, so I'm assuming that I have to complete all the in-dungeon quests first time around.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
I stuck in exactly the same way right now <I was soloing the Black Palace today, when, after defeating Rasik, I was pulled into an empty combat after destroying the anchor stone. I am currently stuck and it seems the only way to leave the combat is to sign out- erasing my progress in the dungeon. Has anyone else run into this problem? And if so, were you able to solve it?>

Is there ANYWAY to get unstuck????????

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
yayalinda wrote:
I stuck in exactly the same way right now <I was soloing the Black Palace today, when, after defeating Rasik, I was pulled into an empty combat after destroying the anchor stone. I am currently stuck and it seems the only way to leave the combat is to sign out- erasing my progress in the dungeon. Has anyone else run into this problem? And if so, were you able to solve it?>

Is there ANYWAY to get unstuck????????

I just did this and ran into this exact same problem. It took me 4 times to actually reach Tim Tim. NO - I was NOT able to get unstuck.

I soloed this , and the only way I managed to get through it, was to run out the circle to the next guy as quickly as possible, once the battle ended. This meant that I to abandon collecting any wisps after the battle with the big bug. (but there are a couple around the corner before the next battle)

Then - the same thing happened at the second guy - once the fight was over -I quickly got out of the circle and destroyed the "thing" (can't remember what it is called right now) that is just behind the battle circle. And quickly got out of the general area of the circle (the first time I did this, I got sucked back into an empty battle circle because I waited to long behind the battle circle before proceeding)

After that I made it to Tim Tim with no other issues, and the final battle proceeded as normal.

So~

My opinion, after having done all of this - you need to move out of the battle circle as quickly as you can and proceed to the next area. don't stand around, and don't try to catch the wisps.

I think this is a new glitch - I didn't have this problem with the last 3 wizards I took through.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Survivor
Nov 24, 2009
The same thing happened to me when I attempted to solo the Black Palace. I would defeat the first boss, and then get pulled. My advice is to not solo it. Sometimes its ok to get some help. When I didn't solo it and the second sigil pulled both my friend and myself, it just let us go through one round of "battle" against nothing, and then let us out. So, that's how I got around the empty dueling sigil.
Hope this helps! :D

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I'm having the same issue today. I'll try the strategy of leaving the battle area as soon as possible next time I try it. Right now I'm not in the mood to beat the big bug for the third time....

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
This happened to me the other night. I was helping a lower level menu chat wizard with this and I thought she got pulled into a mob fight because I heard her say "no." I went back to where the first boss fight was and got pulled into the ring. No cards, nothing. Had to log off.
We tried the dungeon a second time, and she got stuck in the battle ring after the first boss fight. I ran into the circle and then our deck came up. So we both passed and it said victory and let us leave. You cannot port into this dungeon so if you are solo you are toast. If you go in with another wizard, you can run into the empty ring that the other wizard is stuck in, pass, then continue the dungeon.
pods

Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
Ihave had the same problem in the black palace, but I was not solo, however at the first spot where you get caught, if you go around the room keeping to the right hand wall you can get past without getting dragged into a non existing fight. Likewise in the second place keep to the left as tightly as you can, and again you can get through.

It took me quite a few attempts to find this out. Hope this helps anyone who needs it because it is VERY frustrating to have to keep signing out.

Good luck to you all!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
It's still a problem. It just happened to me too!

Administrator
We will be addressing this with Azteca.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/november2012#Misc

Players should no longer get trapped in an empty combat sigil after dueling Rasik Pridefall in Zafaria's Black Palace

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
SporeDemigod wrote:
Thanks for the advice- I'll keep this in mind if I farm him one day. The only rub is that this is currently my first run through the dungeon, so I'm assuming that I have to complete all the in-dungeon quests first time around.
Sorry this is so late, but no, this method works for the quest as well as for farming. You just need to turn it into Aryanah afterwards as in this:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Do_I_Look_Fat_In_This%3F

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
This happened to me last night~ was helping a friend with the instance, and got stuck in empty sigils twice. The first time, we picked spells and it let us go; the second time, I got stuck and couldn't get out~ couldn't pick spells or flee, and all of my porting controls (go to commons, etc.) were frozen...I couldn't port to my friend, either~ had to log out and back in to fix the bug.

Azteca can't get here soon enough... this is awful!