Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which character is your least favorite?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2011
i was wondering whats your least favorite or most annoying character in entire wizard 101 game? i would like to know which charcter get under your skin alot.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
numbly1980 wrote:
i was wondering whats your least favorite or most annoying character in entire wizard 101 game? i would like to know which charcter get under your skin alot.
I would like to say that Morganthe is the one who annoys me the most. :x She's just so annoying and, for those of you who have done Ghost Avalon, didn't want Ambrose to know about overthrowing him. But now, she just doesn't seem to quit on becoming ruler of the Spiral! Morganthe, this is a message to you: Quit getting on my nerves!
:x :x :x :x

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer
"Everything's possible if it isn't impossible."

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Idk really, haven't played through the whole game, but I will soon! I just got a Membership.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
SillymileyV wrote:
What do you mean by character
what characters do i mean bosses, non playabale characters,monsters thats what i mean.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
yeah for me its morganthe also if you have done mirror lake in zafaria i like that bad girl image thing but morganthe does have a big mouth. I wish i could put duct tape over her mouth and i am the only one who thinks that way.lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
toothless008 wrote:
I would like to say that Morganthe is the one who annoys me the most. :x She's just so annoying and, for those of you who have done Ghost Avalon, didn't want Ambrose to know about overthrowing him. But now, she just doesn't seem to quit on becoming ruler of the Spiral! Morganthe, this is a message to you: Quit getting on my nerves!

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

I totally agree, even if only from a writer's point of view.

Morganthe annoys me, too.

She's not a sympathetic villain; therefore I don't care about her character or story, because she also has the personality of a cardboard box. Certain other NPCs (won't ruin it for the newbies) had so much more substance and, as a result, I felt something toward them.

In particular, there was this one character I loved to bits~ I just wanted to backhand him across the face... and then give him a big hug! All you veteran players will know who I'm talking about, heh.

My 2 cents, for what they're worth.
-veebz

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
toothless008 wrote:

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

She's not a sympathetic villain; therefore I don't care about her character or story, because she also has the personality of a cardboard box. Certain other NPCs (won't ruin it for the newbies) had so much more substance and, as a result, I felt something toward them.

In particular, there was this one character I loved to bits~ I just wanted to backhand him across the face... and then give him a big hug! All you veteran players will know who I'm talking about, heh.

-veebz
Thanks El Veebs for quoting me! :-) That's never happened to me before. But I do agree about her personality and her not being sympathetic. I mean seriously,she doesn't care who she destroys! She just wants power. I think the only people who don't hate her are newbies (no offense). Oh and by the way Veebs,meet me at Commons by the fountain in the water in the Wu Realm at 3:00 on Sunday. Thanks! :D :D :D

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer
"Everything is possible if it isn't impossible."

Explorer
May 30, 2011
I am sure that we won't see morganthe in the next world i think somebody else will continue the work lets hope this person is less annoying.lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
toothless008 wrote:
Thanks El Veebs for quoting me! :-) That's never happened to me before. But I do agree about her personality and her not being sympathetic. I mean seriously,she doesn't care who she destroys! She just wants power. I think the only people who don't hate her are newbies (no offense). Oh and by the way Veebs,meet me at Commons by the fountain in the water in the Wu Realm at 3:00 on Sunday. Thanks! :D :D :D

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

LOL, seems I'm the first to quote a lot of people. :) And I think the newbies only like her because they don't yet see the difference in the quality of storytelling.

Morganthe's lack of personality is extremely annoying~ the Elephant Graveyard has more life in it than she does, and nothing in there is even alive! Now that I think about it, the cardboard boxes in Marleybone could use some company...

Her story lacks substance~ the other arc almost had me crying little wizard tears (and I don't cry), because that's how well-written it was.

And that other guy, who I wanted to slap/hug/feed cookies? He was awesome, and is one of my all-time favourite villains~ sure, he seemed evil and kinda creepy (definitely creepy), but he had a reason for being that way... It made me want to be emotionally-invested in the story; anyone who's ever been in a similar situation (and I have) can relate to him, because those feelings are very real. Whether it be intense dislike, compassion, or just the urge to shove cookies down someone's throat (LOL), the point is that he makes the players FEEL something... whereas Morganthe does not.

IMO, she's extremely underdeveloped~ why is she the way she is? What made her evil, or is she evil? Maybe she's just misunderstood... Who knows? Unfortunately, there is a such thing as leaving too much to the imagination. I've read better fan-fics on Central!

-

I'd love to meet up with you in the Spiral sometime, but you didn't tell me what time-zone you're in. I'm in the Atlantic time-zone, and will probably be on tomorrow... in my purple-and-pink outfit, complete with matching Alphyn mount and giant stabby thing, probably parading around Dragonspyre somewhere on a low-pop server. If you see me, feel free to stop by and say hi!

For future reference, I am on wizard101 Central~ I can't get on often, as my home computer now blocks the site (can't be fixed, apparently), but I can get on from the library computers, so send me a message if you want to meet up in-game. :)

Cheers!
El Veeb <-- also my Central username

(a.k.a. Laura Shadowsong,
Archmage Sorceress of Awesomeness;
bad fan-fic writer, lover of villains, Dragonspyre and cheese.)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
toothless008 wrote:

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

LOL, seems I'm the first to quote a lot of people. :) And I think the newbies only like her because they don't yet see the difference in the quality of storytelling.

Morganthe's lack of personality is extremely annoying~ the Elephant Graveyard has more life in it than she does, and nothing in there is even alive! Now that I think about it, the cardboard boxes in Marleybone could use some company...

Her story lacks substance~ the other arc almost had me crying little wizard tears (and I don't cry), because that's how well-written it was.

And that other guy, who I wanted to slap/hug/feed cookies? He was awesome, and is one of my all-time favourite villains~ sure, he seemed evil and kinda creepy (definitely creepy), but he had a reason for being that way... It made me want to be emotionally-invested in the story; anyone who's ever been in a similar situation (and I have) can relate to him, because those feelings are very real. Whether it be intense dislike, compassion, or just the urge to shove cookies down someone's throat (LOL), the point is that he makes the players FEEL something... whereas Morganthe does not.

IMO, she's extremely underdeveloped~ why is she the way she is? What made her evil, or is she evil? Maybe she's just misunderstood... Who knows? Unfortunately, there is a such thing as leaving too much to the imagination. I've read better fan-fics on Central!

-

I'd love to meet up with you in the Spiral sometime, but you didn't tell me what time-zone you're in. I'm in the Atlantic time-zone, and will probably be on tomorrow... in my purple-and-pink outfit, complete with matching Alphyn mount and giant stabby thing, probably parading around Dragonspyre somewhere on a low-pop server. If you see me, feel free to stop by and say hi!

For future reference, I am on wizard101 Central~ I can't get on often, as my home computer now blocks the site (can't be fixed, apparently), but I can get on from the library computers, so send me a message if you want to meet up in-game. :)

Cheers!

bad fan-fic writer, lover of villains, Dragonspyre and cheese.)

I loved the first guy's character to death. (No pun intended.) His character was so well written and like you, I may have cried at the end. And I'm not a sap, in fact it takes quite a lot for me to cry sometimes.

And with his character I actually have something for my fan-fiction. XD (Won't spoil it though, as I'm still writing and re-writing some parts. Not to mention I may be delayed as I already plan on a Pirate101 fan-fiction as well. :D)

As for Morganthe, ugh. Just ugh. -_- I find nothing likeable about her at all. Not even her clothes lol. The thing is, her 'character' if you will is a cliche. I'm not seeing anything unique to the power hungry trait. In fact, even her brother outweighs her in my books, and he is also somewhat cliche.

Scarlet Nightdreamer's thoughts.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
toothless008 wrote:

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

-

Cheers!

bad fan-fic writer, lover of villains, Dragonspyre and cheese.) If by Atlantic you mean Atlantic Coast, then yeah,I'm on there. But let's meet in same place but at 4:00 and Area 1. I'll be on my Jaguar mount and I'll be wearing my Hero of Avalon badge. Let's hope this works! :-)

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer
"Everything is possible if it isn't possible."

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
toothless008 wrote:
If by Atlantic you mean Atlantic Coast, then yeah,I'm on there. But let's meet in same place but at 4:00 and Area 1. I'll be on my Jaguar mount and I'll be wearing my Hero of Avalon badge. Let's hope this works! :-)

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

Yep, I'm on the east coast~ Atlantic standard time.

Do you have a Central account? Send me a message there instead~ it won't require 12-24 hours for approval, so there's less of a chance that we'll miss each other. ;)

Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that Morganthe is the most-hated character... but largely because she's underdeveloped. And @ionya is right~ the power-hungry thing is a bit overdone at the moment... and I want to read your fan-fic, since it'll still be better than the original. I'll even edit it for you! I love editing! :D

I'm actually editing a friend's fic on Central now, and her Morganthe actually has substance, a personality... I could cry with happiness, except that I don't cry. :P

Darkness, despair, cheese!
-Laura/veebz

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
I just made one yesterday! Let's meet up and talk when we're going to meet. See you then! :D :D :D :D :D

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
toothless008 wrote:
If by Atlantic you mean Atlantic Coast, then yeah,I'm on there. But let's meet in same place but at 4:00 and Area 1. I'll be on my Jaguar mount and I'll be wearing my Hero of Avalon badge. Let's hope this works! :-)

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

Yep, I'm on the east coast~ Atlantic standard time.

Do you have a Central account? Send me a message there instead~ it won't require 12-24 hours for approval, so there's less of a chance that we'll miss each other. ;)

Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that Morganthe is the most-hated character... but largely because she's underdeveloped. And @ionya is right~ the power-hungry thing is a bit overdone at the moment... and I want to read your fan-fic, since it'll still be better than the original. I'll even edit it for you! I love editing! :D

I'm actually editing a friend's fic on Central now, and her Morganthe actually has substance, a personality... I could cry with happiness, except that I don't cry. :P

Darkness, despair, cheese!
-Laura/veebz

Editing would be nice. And I'm still trying to come up with a suitable beginning, cause Scarlet is not cooperating.

I do agree though. Morganthe needs something to drive her, because if anything in a story annoys me it has got to be:

A.) A romance that in my mind shouldn't work out. or

B.) Characters that are used so frequently it becomes tiresome.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Myrella Windspar (the real estate lady/cat) is by far the most annoying character and my least favorite in the game.

When trying to look at a new house she constantly interupts your visit with her inane useless shatter. When searching for a new house, after looking at a couple castles i want to throw her off the cliff. Why can't she say anything useful? Important selling features like how many decoration slots available inside and outside?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ionya wrote:
Editing would be nice. And I'm still trying to come up with a suitable beginning, cause Scarlet is not cooperating.

I do agree though. Morganthe needs something to drive her, because if anything in a story annoys me it has got to be:

Well, I'll be happy to edit for you~ just send me a message on Central with your first chapter, and I'll send it back with comments/suggestions/heaps of fluffy praise. :)

And don't worry about Scar~ characters do that, sometimes. In fact, when I first wrote mine, my Scarlet didn't cooperate, either... She annoyed me so much, not to mention was easily overshadowed by other characters who weren't quite so unbearable to work with, and that's how Shadowsong (my sorceress) ended up with her own story arc... She was a minor character who ended up being more interesting than the actual protagonist. :P

-Mine has a bit of A, but that's the whole point: it's not meant to work out. Then again, it's not a "relationship", so much as it's a creepy, one-sided obsession that's supposed to make people shake their heads and go, "that makes absolutely no sense, and he's being really creepy".

I guess I just wish that Morganthe had some kind of motivation, like the other guy did. I don't sympathize with her, and am not emotionally-invested in the plotline. So far, she's just kinda... there, and I don't "get" her, nor do I want to.

-

To the guy who wanted to push Windspar off the cliff~ I laughed out loud when I read that line, thank you. ;)

And I'll admit, I kinda wanted to do the same thing to Morganthe, when I was in that random place somewhere~ she was standing on a cliff, and I'm standing there like, "be quiet, or I'll push you off the side and steal all of your pretty dresses"... Is that wrong?

Laura/El Veeb/Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness

"It's all about the creepy."

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Malistare is the one i really hate...He decides to destroy Wizard City because his wife dies...(i do feel sorry a little for that, but why destroy Wizard City?)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
ionya wrote:

Well, I'll be happy to edit for you~ just send me a message on Central with your first chapter, and I'll send it back with comments/suggestions/heaps of fluffy praise. :)

And don't worry about Scar~ characters do that, sometimes. In fact, when I first wrote mine, my Scarlet didn't cooperate, either... She annoyed me so much, not to mention was easily overshadowed by other characters who weren't quite so unbearable to work with, and that's how Shadowsong (my sorceress) ended up with her own story arc... She was a minor character who ended up being more interesting than the actual protagonist. :P

-Mine has a bit of A, but that's the whole point: it's not meant to work out. Then again, it's not a "relationship", so much as it's a creepy, one-sided obsession that's supposed to make people shake their heads and go, "that makes absolutely no sense, and he's being really creepy".

I guess I just wish that Morganthe had some kind of motivation, like the other guy did. I don't sympathize with her, and am not emotionally-invested in the plotline. So far, she's just kinda... there, and I don't "get" her, nor do I want to.

-

To the guy who wanted to push Windspar off the cliff~ I laughed out loud when I read that line, thank you. ;)

And I'll admit, I kinda wanted to do the same thing to Morganthe, when I was in that random place somewhere~ she was standing on a cliff, and I'm standing there like, "be quiet, or I'll push you off the side and steal all of your pretty dresses"... Is that wrong?

Laura/El Veeb/Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness

"It's all about the creepy."

Lool, what I meant by A is that two characters get together and fight then somehow end up kissing one another or are constantly kissing one another. :P It's kind of like "Is this a romance in the making or a disaster waiting to happen?"

And as for the saleswoman (er, sales cat I guess.) I also find her somewhat annoying, but I kind of like it as well. It's just me. lol

And as for wanting to push Morganthe off a cliff, no it isn't wrong... though it would ruin a perfectly sweet dress.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
toothless008 wrote:

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

-veebz
A cardboard box is not the right term. More like a wolf who kicks another wolf out of her pack and enjoys its starvation. She wants to see people suffer. Morganthe is a complete sadist. A sadist!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
toothless008 wrote:

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer

-

Cheers!

bad fan-fic writer, lover of villains, Dragonspyre and cheese.) Morganthe is all about revenge. She is a lot mor powerful than Malistaire could ever be. She has recited an awesome prophecy. You have to do things that apparently are only used in terribly dire situations. the only reason people don't like her is either because of difficulty involving her (aka Ghost Avalon and Mirror Lake) and/or they are afraid of her because if all these things are weaker than her, then how hard KI make her in the end. . . ??

Explorer
May 30, 2011
well after morganthe my second most annoying character choice has to be mindy pixiecrown in colossus boulevard she has one of those high pitched voices always yelling i just roll my eyes at her.lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Guye17 wrote:
Morganthe is all about revenge. She is a lot mor powerful than Malistaire could ever be. She has recited an awesome prophecy. You have to do things that apparently are only used in terribly dire situations. the only reason people don't like her is either because of difficulty involving her (aka Ghost Avalon and Mirror Lake) and/or they are afraid of her because if all these things are weaker than her, then how hard KI make her in the end. . . ??

My breakdown of your reply:

1. All about revenge~ fine and well, but what is she seeking revenge for? That's not covered in the arc at all!

2. More powerful than Malistaire~ again, fine and well, but at least he had substance and made the players feel something toward his character... even if it was intense dislike. Morganthe is, in my opinion, a Mary Sue~ meaning that she's everything I hate in a character~ boring, bland, and just a cliche that's been overdone, burnt to a crisp and cooked for 20 minutes more. Malistaire may not have been as powerful, but he was far from a Gary Stu (male version of a Mary Sue, lol).

3. The prophecy~ cool, sure. But not if it doesn't mean anything~ what does it have to do with the story? Why, if at all, is it important?

4. "You have to do things only used in dire situations"~ like what? What's the situation, and why is it so dire?

5. Difficulty~ I've only ever heard of her cheats, since both my archmages maxed out before reaching Ghost Avalon. My dislike of her is strictly based on the quality of storytelling and characterization.

6. Afraid of her/a challenge~ I hope that was a joke. Next to some of the more-challenging bosses in this game, Morganthe is a scared kitten... a scared kitten with the personality of a cotton-ball. But that's just me.

-

@ionya~ I agree with you, and I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. Hopefully, my creepy comment made you giggle a bit! And yeah, I suppose that shoving her off the cliff would be a waste of a sweet dress~ but, as of now, she's just taking up space that could be better used for a Malistaire sequel...

-veebz

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
Guye17 wrote:
Morganthe is all about revenge. She is a lot mor powerful than Malistaire could ever be. She has recited an awesome prophecy. You have to do things that apparently are only used in terribly dire situations. the only reason people don't like her is either because of difficulty involving her (aka Ghost Avalon and Mirror Lake) and/or they are afraid of her because if all these things are weaker than her, then how hard KI make her in the end. . . ??

My breakdown of your reply:

1. All about revenge~ fine and well, but what is she seeking revenge for? That's not covered in the arc at all!

2. More powerful than Malistaire~ again, fine and well, but at least he had substance and made the players feel something toward his character... even if it was intense dislike. Morganthe is, in my opinion, a Mary Sue~ meaning that she's everything I hate in a character~ boring, bland, and just a cliche that's been overdone, burnt to a crisp and cooked for 20 minutes more. Malistaire may not have been as powerful, but he was far from a Gary Stu (male version of a Mary Sue, lol).

3. The prophecy~ cool, sure. But not if it doesn't mean anything~ what does it have to do with the story? Why, if at all, is it important?

4. "You have to do things only used in dire situations"~ like what? What's the situation, and why is it so dire?

5. Difficulty~ I've only ever heard of her cheats, since both my archmages maxed out before reaching Ghost Avalon. My dislike of her is strictly based on the quality of storytelling and characterization.

6. Afraid of her/a challenge~ I hope that was a joke. Next to some of the more-challenging bosses in this game, Morganthe is a scared kitten... a scared kitten with the personality of a cotton-ball. But that's just me.

-

@ionya~ I agree with you, and I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. Hopefully, my creepy comment made you giggle a bit! And yeah, I suppose that shoving her off the cliff would be a waste of a sweet dress~ but, as of now, she's just taking up space that could be better used for a Malistaire sequel...

-veebz

Bwhahahahaha! Malistaire sequel would be nice. (Maybe Malorn *Death school teacher* could be his son and have a twisted brother who wants some sort of power Malistaire had, so we receive help from him to sotp his brother. Made this up on the spot, cause I'm odd. lol)

Sweet dress or no, I would still shove Morganthe off the cliff. Cause I'm not a girl inclined to wearing dresses all that often. :P

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ionya wrote:
Bwhahahahaha! Malistaire sequel would be nice. (Maybe Malorn *Death school teacher* could be his son and have a twisted brother who wants some sort of power Malistaire had, so we receive help from him to sotp his brother. Made this up on the spot, cause I'm odd. lol)

Sweet dress or no, I would still shove Morganthe off the cliff. Cause I'm not a girl inclined to wearing dresses all that often. :P

I love your idea~ at this point, anything would be better than the Morganthe arc. Even if KI brought Malistaire (and Sylvia, of course) back and ended the story with an ice-cream shortage that killed everyone, it would still be less lame.

I don't wear dresses that often, either... But I would make exceptions for the ones in Morganthe's closet... At the very least, I'd have an awesome Halloween costume! So let's do it! Next time I'm on an ML run, I am SO shoving her off that cliff! You in?

Out of ice cream?
TIME TO DIE!

-veebz