Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
So I was strolling around mooshu and defeating some of these oni's. After i defeated one, I walked up to see a reagent vendor, I was like, cool I wanna check them out. I saw all these goat monks that people were getting upset about, and I couldn't agree more with them.

I saw that to just BUY the recipe, costs 60,000 gold, witch I could hatch 2 pets with.

Then I saw that you needed 100 diamonds, and in the bazaar a simple diamond could cost you 1000 gold, so 100x1000=100,000 gold. Really?

12 amber, I know that this is a challenge but GEESH, why so much trouble for this spell? Some people are hardly getting 3 amber, imagine getting 12 amber, and then you realize that once you finally get the spell, its starting to get old. Goat monk is not really worth the money. 535 damage, even my little sister who's an ice can beat that with a few blades.

So whats the point of crafting this spell? I dont think it's worth it

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
helv wrote:
So I was strolling around mooshu and defeating some of these oni's. After i defeated one, I walked up to see a reagent vendor, I was like, cool I wanna check them out. I saw all these goat monks that people were getting upset about, and I couldn't agree more with them.

I saw that to just BUY the recipe, costs 60,000 gold, witch I could hatch 2 pets with.

Then I saw that you needed 100 diamonds, and in the bazaar a simple diamond could cost you 1000 gold, so 100x1000=100,000 gold. Really?

12 amber, I know that this is a challenge but GEESH, why so much trouble for this spell? Some people are hardly getting 3 amber, imagine getting 12 amber, and then you realize that once you finally get the spell, its starting to get old. Goat monk is not really worth the money. 535 damage, even my little sister who's an ice can beat that with a few blades.

So whats the point of crafting this spell? I dont think it's worth it

I believe these spells are really not needed by your wizard to get though the game - least I have been doing fine with out them but are mainly for people who want to spend crowns to try to get them or like a real challenging craft quest or have no problem farming for them.

It's like buying a fancy mount when really the basic broom gets you from point A to B. It's all about how embellished you want your wizard to be.

As for me I did invest crowns and a lot of time in my first wizard and probably would never delete it but all wizards made after that are considered expendable so I invest very little time and no crowns accept to stitch maybe. This way if I decide to delete them I don't have to worry about how much I have invested in that wizard. In the end it's all about what you want from the game.

Mary StarGem
"Savior of the Spiral"

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
The craftable spells are just a challenge. The spells are not needed, just something to keep interest in the game.
Just be thankful that you can get the recipe in Mooshu and not Avalon, although I think that you probably have to be legendary crafter to craft them anyways, so that means you are in at least ZF.
Amber is something that changed my whole method of playing. My garden is now all king parsleys, and not evil magma peas.

I really hope that KI sticks to their guns on this reagent though. They made it a very difficult and rare reagent. To nerf it would really be a disservice to those who invested the time to get it. Spells in packs are fine with me, as long as you can get it another (free) way. If the game turns into a must buy with crowns I am done. I am fine with the choice of time or money, but we need the choice.
pods