Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Ability: Defender (Critical Block)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
If anyone has gotten the Critical Defender Ability, and has found a way to increase it, please tell me!
I have gotten the rare Ram Warrior from the Pet Pack, and just leveled him up to Teen. He got the Critical Block ability which gives 3 critical block percentage, and i just want to know if you can increase this somehow, like increasing agility or intellegence, or strength...

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
bigshotgun wrote:
If anyone has gotten the Critical Defender Ability, and has found a way to increase it, please tell me!
I have gotten the rare Ram Warrior from the Pet Pack, and just leveled him up to Teen. He got the Critical Block ability which gives 3 critical block percentage, and i just want to know if you can increase this somehow, like increasing agility or intellegence, or strength...

My son has one of these Rams. I think it is at ancient and the block is twenty something. All the stats are maxed out so this is the highest it will go.
You can check Central for the calculation I think. Then max out the stats which go into the calculation. You should see a maximum block in the low twentys with a first generation ram, slightly higher if you manifest a selfish talent which boosts an attribute in the calculation.
pods

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
Like the pantera's critical strike talent, we don't yet know the talent calculation or even the max. Without more data, we can only guess what attributes contribute to the talent.

If you get either Defender or Critical Striker talent, please post the exact number of points you have TRAINED on every one of your pet attributes at the moment you get the talent (strength, intellect, agility, will, power). It doesn't matter how many points your pet may get, only what you've actually trained when they get the talent. Once we have enough data, we have to back-work the attributes and divisor (the final number in the calculation).

For example, review the calculation for spell-proof talent:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/PetAbility:Spell-Proof

For those who might read this thread and wonder whether the talent can be increased once you have it, probably not. Based on all known talents, you can increase the number your pet will give by hatching a pet with higher attributes and then training those attributes to max before you get the talent. Again, for Defender, we don't know what attributes you'd need to increase.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
ferretlaw wrote:
Like the pantera's critical strike talent, we don't yet know the talent calculation or even the max. Without more data, we can only guess what attributes contribute to the talent.

If you get either Defender or Critical Striker talent, please post the exact number of points you have TRAINED on every one of your pet attributes at the moment you get the talent (strength, intellect, agility, will, power). It doesn't matter how many points your pet may get, only what you've actually trained when they get the talent. Once we have enough data, we have to back-work the attributes and divisor (the final number in the calculation).

For example, review the calculation for spell-proof talent:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/PetAbility:Spell-Proof

For those who might read this thread and wonder whether the talent can be increased once you have it, probably not. Based on all known talents, you can increase the number your pet will give by hatching a pet with higher attributes and then training those attributes to max before you get the talent. Again, for Defender, we don't know what attributes you'd need to increase.

Huh?
Attribute based talents absolutely can be increased by training after the talent is acquired. That is how it works.
pods

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Thanks guys just got the block rating to 22. :)