Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reconsider the nerf on Guardian Spirit

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
As you all know, Life wizards have a spell, Guardian spirit.
When it first came out it revived you after you die for 25% of your health for 5 pips.
Now, due to lack of strategy in pvp, it has been complained to 15%, a very very useless amount for both 5 pips and PvE.

KI, you need to bring it back. PvP is the secondary part of this game.
You designed this game for questing, and saving the Spiral. How do we save the spiral if we dont have usefull spells? Hmm?

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I agree completely, however they won't do it. They don't listen to us. They listen to PvPers.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
stormschool99 wrote:
As you all know, Life wizards have a spell, Guardian spirit.
When it first came out it revived you after you die for 25% of your health for 5 pips.
Now, due to lack of strategy in pvp, it has been complained to 15%, a very very useless amount for both 5 pips and PvE.

KI, you need to bring it back. PvP is the secondary part of this game.
You designed this game for questing, and saving the Spiral. How do we save the spiral if we dont have usefull spells? Hmm?

I think they have totally forgotten this: PvP is the secondary part of this game.
As have many others.
Why punish each school because players playing and optional part of the game complain all the time...because they can't figure out how to beat the opponent(s)? Seriously.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I agree instead of nerf ban it from pvp and bring back the original spell for pve.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
open33 wrote:
I agree instead of nerf ban it from pvp and bring back the original spell for pve.

seriously open stop trying to get GS banned from pvp it would not be fair to ban GS from pvp we have been over this in the other thread non of the other schools have had a spell banned from pvp there for it would not be fair to ban life's spells from pvp death has a similar spell called sacrifice but no ones complaining about that spell

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:

seriously open stop trying to get GS banned from pvp it would not be fair to ban GS from pvp we have been over this in the other thread non of the other schools have had a spell banned from pvp there for it would not be fair to ban life's spells from pvp death has a similar spell called sacrifice but no ones complaining about that spell

Insane Bolt is banned from PvP.
Talos is banned from PvP
I don't really need to continue.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
ionya wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:

Talos is banned from PvP

Sariana1337 I already answered to your arguments and you had nothing to say. Now you bring back the old one like you never got my answer.
Its true some spells got banned from pvp. I heard that Dampen Magic got removed from balance wiz and the game because of pvp.
If you don't understand (or pretend that you not) the difference between GS and sacrifice train a death wiz.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
ionya wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:

Talos is banned from PvP

Insane bolt TC's are banned from pvp, Talos TC's are banned from PvP. The actual trained spells are available. I also disagree with any kind of ban, including a tc ban of any spell unless the spell is completely removed from the game as a trainable option(like dampen magic, elucidate).

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
FatesKin wrote:
ionya wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:

Talos is banned from PvP

Insane bolt TC's are banned from pvp, Talos TC's are banned from PvP. The actual trained spells are available. I also disagree with any kind of ban, including a tc ban of any spell unless the spell is completely removed from the game as a trainable option(like dampen magic, elucidate).

Only TC versions are banned. Oh well, I got it somewhat correct at least. (What with all the Insane Bolt treasures I've been getting I was starting to think it was banned from PvP.)

There are certain spells that should just be done with in PvP though. I love how they get nerfed for about 60 percent of people that can't figure out a way to get by it, but the other 40 percent might actually need it.

Kind of reflects about the world we live in. -sighs-

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Yes but being able to revive is overpowered enough. If they revive after a strong spell from opponent, which is usually the case, the opponents would not have pips either. So it fair. And then opponent gonna have to do it again, much to say life can use it again.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
open33 wrote:

Ya know open, I'm getting pretty tired of you. You keep bringing up Talos and Insane bolt, but they aren't banned. Tc's are banned. Guardian Spirit will not be banned, YOU should be banned. I am tired of you, and your "Ban Guardian Spirit! I can't defeat it so ban it!" attitude. Darth is absolutely correct. Many, many, many people have been able to defeat this spell WITHOUT setting up their deck against a Life. Many, many people have defeated an Ice with Immunity. Oh but I guess you wouldn't complain about that, you probably are Ice. Guardian Spirit was FINE the way it was at 25% but nope! You PvPers couldn't take a freaking challenge, and now the spell isn't worth 1 slot in our decks. Yes, I have a Life character. No, Life is not my favorite school. Yes, I used that spell before the nerf, yes I complained about it before I made a Life. But banning it, is completely selfish of you.

So next time you think about a post about Guardian Spirit, how about you create a Life, face Jabberwock and Morganthe without it, and see how you feel. They won't ban it, since only one person is making a big ordeal about it. Some people agree. Other people are tired of seeing you repost the same thing.

Have a nice day.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:

You keep bringing up Talos and Insane bolt, but they aren't banned. Tc's are banned.

Wrong! ionya brought this and I only forwarding.
I asked about Dampen Magic spell and you of course completely ignored that.
gtafreak101 wrote:

Ya know open, I'm getting pretty tired of you.

Let me ask you something. What are you doing in pvp forum if you hate pvpers? PvP haters not welcome here.

gtafreak101 wrote:

Many, many, many people have been able to defeat this spell WITHOUT setting up their deck against a Life. Many, many people have defeated an Ice with Immunity.

Many many people also lost to life, ice, fire, storm, myth .... what is your point? In every single school have good and bad pvpers.
gtafreak101 wrote:

Oh but I guess you wouldn't complain about that, you probably are Ice.

Wrong! I already wrote on other posts that I balance wizard. That is why I want dampen magic back :) As I wrote at "Banning Guardian Spirit Spell from PVP"
open33 wrote:
As for me balance school wizard I want Dampen Magic back. But it will never happen since the spell is OP for pvp.

gtafreak101 wrote:
Guardian Spirit was FINE the way it was at 25% but nope!

For life pvp only yes for other schools no.
gtafreak101 wrote:
You PvPers couldn't take a freaking challenge, and now the spell isn't worth 1 slot in our decks.

If the spell not worthy you shouldn't be care if it be banned. Right?
gtafreak101 wrote:
So next time you think about a post about Guardian Spirit, how about you create a Life, face Jabberwock and Morganthe without it, and see how you feel.

Life wizards most effective in groups. If you don't like people and prefer to fight even the hardest bosses in the game alone its your choice.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Life wizards are most effective in groups. If you don't like people and prefer to fight even the hardest bosses in the game alone its your choice.

while it is true that life wizards are more effective in groups
how ever the option to do said bosses with a group is not always an option
do to the fact that not every life wizards friends are reliable thus forcing us to either do the boss by our selves or not at all so no it is not always his choice to do the boss solo to get said boss quest out of the way when a boss quest present's it self it must be done whether or not you can count on your friends
other wise it never gets done

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
Life wizards are most effective in groups. If you don't like people and prefer to fight even the hardest bosses in the game alone its your choice.

while it is true that life wizards are more effective in groups
how ever the option to do said bosses with a group is not always an option
do to the fact that not every life wizards friends are reliable thus forcing us to either do the boss by our selves or not at all so no it is not always his choice to do the boss solo to get said boss quest out of the way when a boss quest present's it self it must be done whether or not you can count on your friends
other wise it never gets done

If you really can't find someone in same moment you can do other quests or things. You not forced to do any specific quest right away, you always can delay it. If you completely out of patient and want to solo prepare for real challenge its valid for any school not only for life. Most of my bosses I done with completely random people, if i could find them you all can. I ask my friends rarely for help.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:
Ya know open, I'm getting pretty tired of you. You keep bringing up Talos and Insane bolt, but they aren't banned. Tc's are banned. Guardian Spirit will not be banned, YOU should be banned. I am tired of you, and your "Ban Guardian Spirit! I can't defeat it so ban it!" attitude. Darth is absolutely correct. Many, many, many people have been able to defeat this spell WITHOUT setting up their deck against a Life. Many, many people have defeated an Ice with Immunity. Oh but I guess you wouldn't complain about that, you probably are Ice. Guardian Spirit was FINE the way it was at 25% but nope! You PvPers couldn't take a freaking challenge, and now the spell isn't worth 1 slot in our decks. Yes, I have a Life character. No, Life is not my favorite school. Yes, I used that spell before the nerf, yes I complained about it before I made a Life. But banning it, is completely selfish of you.

So next time you think about a post about Guardian Spirit, how about you create a Life, face Jabberwock and Morganthe without it, and see how you feel. They won't ban it, since only one person is making a big ordeal about it. Some people agree. Other people are tired of seeing you repost the same thing.

Have a nice day.
"Ban Gaurdian Spirit! I can't defeat it so ban it!" XD I laughed hard when I saw that, although Open33 may irritate you, it's funny watching hs inability to defeat that spell. Anyway, I agree that Gaurdian Spirit should be returned to it's original state completely!! "They dont' listen to us. They listen to Pvper's." I also agree with that as well, but being both a Pvper and a PvEr (I only Pvp with some Characters and only PvE with others) I can see both sides of the coin. Either way, though, I hope the reset it. I just recently go into my Life Character, and because of constant complaints and player's inabilities to beat something it was Nerfed, just like everything else. I am surprised more spells haven't been nerfed, actually. (No offense, KI, good game overall) But in summary, I hope they reset it so I can expierence it at it's original ability.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
that spell is great the way it is. 15% health back is not bad when PVE.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Vampirehunter247
According to the number of exclamation points you used in your post you looks very angry. You can't fool me with the false impression that you trying to impose upon the readers as cool and laughing on me. You seems to play as life wizard since only them take it so hard. You know of course that each school can be more effective against one and less against other. Life never meant to be solo fighter you can see it clearly from his poor damage spells and average health and defense. The only strategy for you as solo life wizard is to waste others time till they give up. The only reason you may choose to solo pvp as life wizard is only to show of there is no way you having fun fighting like 5 hours in monotony repeating same healing strategy.

Lol this this post is so old how did you found it?

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
open33 on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Vampirehunter247
According to the number of exclamation points you used in your post you looks very angry. You can't fool me with the false impression that you trying to impose upon the readers as cool and laughing on me. You seems to play as life wizard since only them take it so hard. You know of course that each school can be more effective against one and less against other. Life never meant to be solo fighter you can see it clearly from his poor damage spells and average health and defense. The only strategy for you as solo life wizard is to waste others time till they give up. The only reason you may choose to solo pvp as life wizard is only to show of there is no way you having fun fighting like 5 hours in monotony repeating same healing strategy.

Lol this this post is so old how did you found it?
Hello, Open33.

So I see you have found my reply. So first I must clear up three things: How I found this? I, as you see, just joined the message boards (Though have been playing Wizard101 far longer) and so are looking to express some opinions throughout the Boards. I happened to come across this one. Second, though, are you sure I sounded angry? Imo I didn't "appear" to angry on this post. You seem like an intellegent enough person, (Besides all the grammatical errors, OR Typo's) . Therefore should'nt you realize that exclamation points represent high emotion, meaning not JUST anger. So perhaps I could have been excited, in a good mood, or maybe just making emphasis. The actual meaning is represents excitement, not anger, lol.Also, I do not pvp with a Life player, in fact, I am not even a high enough level for GS on that player. My 2 highest players are sadly 63 Ice and 81 Storm. ( I would like more Archmages, lol). So obviously, I never got a chance to experience GS before it was nerfed because of player like yourselves. (Excuse me if I am wrong, but you "appear" against it.) All I want to do is use like it was it 25%. I was on the sidelines, before I had message board approval, sadly watching as people complained GS instead of preparing a strategy. I had one, but of course now no one uses the spell anymore, so it's useless,(I may use GS, when I get there). My Life is only lvl 18. So yeah, lol. You mentioned me trying to fool you? Perhaps that was how you interpreted it, but think about it, it is kinda funny. Of course you didn't actually say You can't beat it so ban it, but that was what the other guy (Can't recall his name, xD) inferred you were hinting at. Everybody's sense of humor differs to a decree, so think about this: Who was fooling who? Perhaps you have fooled yourself. (Also, srsly, ask around! That was kinda funny!)

Reply if you want, Open33,

~Luke Moonshield, Legenday Thaumaturge.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Michael Thunder on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Hello, Open33.

So I see you have found my reply. So first I must clear up three things: How I found this? I, as you see, just joined the message boards (Though have been playing Wizard101 far longer) and so are looking to express some opinions throughout the Boards. I happened to come across this one. Second, though, are you sure I sounded angry? Imo I didn't "appear" to angry on this post. You seem like an intellegent enough person, (Besides all the grammatical errors, OR Typo's) . Therefore should'nt you realize that exclamation points represent high emotion, meaning not JUST anger. So perhaps I could have been excited, in a good mood, or maybe just making emphasis. The actual meaning is represents excitement, not anger, lol.Also, I do not pvp with a Life player, in fact, I am not even a high enough level for GS on that player. My 2 highest players are sadly 63 Ice and 81 Storm. ( I would like more Archmages, lol). So obviously, I never got a chance to experience GS before it was nerfed because of player like yourselves. (Excuse me if I am wrong, but you "appear" against it.) All I want to do is use like it was it 25%. I was on the sidelines, before I had message board approval, sadly watching as people complained GS instead of preparing a strategy. I had one, but of course now no one uses the spell anymore, so it's useless,(I may use GS, when I get there). My Life is only lvl 18. So yeah, lol. You mentioned me trying to fool you? Perhaps that was how you interpreted it, but think about it, it is kinda funny. Of course you didn't actually say You can't beat it so ban it, but that was what the other guy (Can't recall his name, xD) inferred you were hinting at. Everybody's sense of humor differs to a decree, so think about this: Who was fooling who? Perhaps you have fooled yourself. (Also, srsly, ask around! That was kinda funny!)

I would love to see it changed, 15% for pvp 25% for pve. Kings isle has hired great coders who can work miracles, Why not find a way to split a spell? have 2 copy's in the deck, and the PvE one is grayed out in pvp like talos and insane bolt.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Michael Thunder on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Hello, Open33.

First about my grammatical errors. If you so curious English is my third language so give me a break.
Second so your high emotion is about laughing on me? What is your strategy? spamming wildbolts ? lol. I am balance wizard its much more complicated for me.
Have you ever tried to pvp with your ice wiz against life healing tank? Storm wizards can easily spam wildbolt so GS is less effective against them.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
open33 on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
First about my grammatical errors. If you so curious English is my third language so give me a break.
Second so your high emotion is about laughing on me? What is your strategy? spamming wildbolts ? lol. I am balance wizard its much more complicated for me.
Have you ever tried to pvp with your ice wiz against life healing tank? Storm wizards can easily spam wildbolt so GS is less effective against them.
Lol, excuse me on language, I'm a grammar Wizard.... Anyway, I will be honest, yes, that is exactly what it is (high emotion), though if you get technical I wasn't "laughing on you," I was laughing at something someone else said about you. On Bolt Spamming strategy, I'll admit I did try it, but.... well it doesn't work at ALL. All that happens is 10's, 100's, or you die from Insane Bolt. Not my game, man. Believe it or not, I have all the schools except Myth, I just couldn't get into it. Your Balance is probably a higher level though, lol. Mine's only lvl 40. And on the subject of Ice against Life Healing Tank, only once, and it took forever. It wasn't really hard, though, because she never really attacked seriously as I kept her blades down with Earthquake..... And I suppose maybe a Storm could beat a Life (GS spammer at the time) with that, but with all the variations, I doubt he could get far (at least very fast lol).

Oh yeah, I have no strategy.... It is subserviant (if I used correct tense XD) to my opponent's apparent style.

Anything else, Open33?

I'm still Legendary! :) Thaumaturge

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Due to lack of strategy in PvP? What do you think PvPers go into battle doing? Thats right: strategizing, planning looking for counters etc. However, when a spell such as guardian spirit at 25% existed we had the possibility of wizaards coming back at 50%-100% health after being killed. Doom and Gloom is the ONLY realistic counter to guardian spirit and it is not very realistic in application. We PvPers typically only call for a nerf when it is practically inviable to counter via strategy alone. Hence the call for a nerf to guardian spirit and a continuing call for a nerf to shatter. I disagree with bringing this spell back to 25% UNLESS KI brings some relavant and PRACTICAL counters to this spell. I still fail to see how coming back to life is not useful...

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Michael Thunder on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Lol, excuse me on language, I'm a grammar Wizard.... Anyway, I will be honest, yes, that is exactly what it is (high emotion), though if you get technical I wasn't "laughing on you," I was laughing at something someone else said about you. On Bolt Spamming strategy, I'll admit I did try it, but.... well it doesn't work at ALL. All that happens is 10's, 100's, or you die from Insane Bolt. Not my game, man. Believe it or not, I have all the schools except Myth, I just couldn't get into it. Your Balance is probably a higher level though, lol. Mine's only lvl 40. And on the subject of Ice against Life Healing Tank, only once, and it took forever. It wasn't really hard, though, because she never really attacked seriously as I kept her blades down with Earthquake..... And I suppose maybe a Storm could beat a Life (GS spammer at the time) with that, but with all the variations, I doubt he could get far (at least very fast lol).

Oh yeah, I have no strategy.... It is subserviant (if I used correct tense XD) to my opponent's apparent style.

Anything else, Open33?

I'm still Legendary! :) Thaumaturge
And I'm strategy wiz lol
I really wondering from what exactly you have such a high emotion...
Vampirehunter247 :
" I wasn't "laughing on you," I was laughing at something someone else said about you."
So basically you laughing on me

My balance is only lvl 80 my ice 82 death 76 and my little storm wiz is 53. Sorry its not enough to have all schools, only the one that are high lvl are counts for your experience. Which mean you know how to play the specific school with all or most of the spells.
I fought storm wizard wild bolt spammers they somehow manage to hit 1000 very very often even when they not the damage is very high considering their high damage boost from gear and colossal. I have extremely good critical block, even higher for elemental schools, but I know storm wizards who can critical with high rate at least every second round. Insane bolt is very common when storm wiz feel they going to lose anyway so they take the chance. I never said life wizards are hard they cannot kill me even with all the blades on and i can heal the damage pretty fast. but my damage is also not enough to win considering that life wizard not doing any critical mistake. That is why I not pvp with ice wiz he is boring to pvp like life.
Storm in general don't have much choice of strategy. But balance has many :)

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
open33 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
And I'm strategy wiz lol
I really wondering from what exactly you have such a high emotion...
Vampirehunter247 :
" I wasn't "laughing on you," I was laughing at something someone else said about you."
So basically you laughing on me

My balance is only lvl 80 my ice 82 death 76 and my little storm wiz is 53. Sorry its not enough to have all schools, only the one that are high lvl are counts for your experience. Which mean you know how to play the specific school with all or most of the spells.
I fought storm wizard wild bolt spammers they somehow manage to hit 1000 very very often even when they not the damage is very high considering their high damage boost from gear and colossal. I have extremely good critical block, even higher for elemental schools, but I know storm wizards who can critical with high rate at least every second round. Insane bolt is very common when storm wiz feel they going to lose anyway so they take the chance. I never said life wizards are hard they cannot kill me even with all the blades on and i can heal the damage pretty fast. but my damage is also not enough to win considering that life wizard not doing any critical mistake. That is why I not pvp with ice wiz he is boring to pvp like life.
Storm in general don't have much choice of strategy. But balance has many :)
Open33,

Actually Storm does have quite a few strategies, but of course almost no defensive strategy; which is why I always liked Ice in PvP.... Additionally, I'm going to have to disagree with you on "Not enough to have all the schools," because if you have all these schools, you can gain insight on the other players Weaknesses/Strengths
because you have played those schools yourself. Also, Ice can be really fun in PvP. But unfortunately you don't seem to appreciate the challenge Ice Wizards nor Life Wizards present(ed). Because of this, GS has been nerfed in you and other "Challenge Decliners," so to speak. And not really, (Laughing on you), because you never said that.... although you seem to think so.