Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cloud Wyvern Mount?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Since this is the message board from the actual creators of Wizard101 I figure there is no better place to ask. Hopefully one of these creators or someone else with just as much knowledge of the games details can give me a definite answer to my question.

Are the rare Cloud Wyvern mounts realistically obtainable by a wizard who is in not Storm or Ice?
I've been doing some research trying to find as many people as I could that were lucky enough to receive this mount and after reading numerous posts by people who have received the Cloud Wyvern, I noticed that the majority of them are Storm wizards and an occasional few Ice wizards.
I want to get this mount and have been trying off and on for a while now. However, I am a fire wizard and so far have obtained numerous Gold Wyvern's and one FIRE Wyvern which only strengthens my theory that the mount you receive is dependent on the type of Wizard you are.
It would be nice to know straight out if I am wasting time and money trying to obtain the impossible. I would rather know the truth and spend time creating a new wizard that is more likely to receive the desired mount instead of chasing after something that the game creators already know is unobtainable or at least extremely unlikely.

Is there anyone here that can give me the real facts about the Cloud Wyvern odds?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Firesyne wrote:
Since this is the message board from the actual creators of Wizard101 I figure there is no better place to ask. Hopefully one of these creators or someone else with just as much knowledge of the games details can give me a definite answer to my question.

Are the rare Cloud Wyvern mounts realistically obtainable by a wizard who is in not Storm or Ice?
I've been doing some research trying to find as many people as I could that were lucky enough to receive this mount and after reading numerous posts by people who have received the Cloud Wyvern, I noticed that the majority of them are Storm wizards and an occasional few Ice wizards.
I want to get this mount and have been trying off and on for a while now. However, I am a fire wizard and so far have obtained numerous Gold Wyvern's and one FIRE Wyvern which only strengthens my theory that the mount you receive is dependent on the type of Wizard you are.
It would be nice to know straight out if I am wasting time and money trying to obtain the impossible. I would rather know the truth and spend time creating a new wizard that is more likely to receive the desired mount instead of chasing after something that the game creators already know is unobtainable or at least extremely unlikely.

Is there anyone here that can give me the real facts about the Cloud Wyvern odds?

Hey there~ the mount odds are the same for all players. In the packs, they are classed as Ultra Rare, meaning that your chance of getting one at all is <5%. As well, I remember reading (when the pack first came out) that there are 5 types of wyverns hidden in the packs, some of which are rarer than others.

Of course, we only ever have a slim chance at the mount~ we are made aware of this before purchasing, as it is stated on the website in numerous places. As well, your odds reset each time you buy a pack~ if your odds of getting a mount are 1/100, for example, you are not guaranteed a mount for every 100 packs you buy.

Your school has nothing to do with your chances at getting a mount~ my Balance wizard owns a gold wyvern, but I gave it to my Storm because it matches her outfit better. Countless people have probably done the same, in that the mount is no longer with the original wizard who won it.

Hope this helps, and better luck next time!

El Veeb
archmage sorceress, trans necromancer, legendary diviner

Hero
May 02, 2009
Sorry to say, but it's completely luck based. No one school has a better chance of getting a certain item than other schools. I also believe the cloud wyvern is one of the more rare wyvern's to get/obtain from the packs, so there's that.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
All the odds are the same. You don't like the chances? Don't by the pack. You spend many crowns on one pack? Don't buy it. Everyday I get a little less patient with complainers.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There are no 'odds' - all 'drops' from packs are completely random, with a chance of the mount(s) clearly stated by KI.
I have one, and yes it is for my legendary ice wizard, but I don't think it matters what school.
Mount 'drops' are considered ultra-rare; it's all a matter of luck.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:
Everyday I get a little less patient with complainers.

The OP wasnt complaining at all.
They simply asked a question.. jeeze

When did you say you were leaving again?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Wow. Calm down gtafreak. He wasn't complaining. He was asking a question about how hard it was to get the Wyvern mount and wanted to know rather than sitting around trying to acquire it by burning thru crowns. I completely understand him. I'd wanna know before I go wasting crowns on something I do not need and trying to get something that is possibly very rare to get. I get so sick of coming on these message boards and seeing how rude Forum Members are to other members and newer members.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
loki1201 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
Everyday I get a little less patient with complainers.

The OP wasnt complaining at all.
They simply asked a question.. jeeze

When did you say you were leaving again?

Thank you so much! I didn't think I was complaining But that response made me wonder. Then your response made me feel much better LOL!
Thanks again

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:

Your school has nothing to do with your chances at getting a mount~ my Balance wizard owns a gold wyvern, but I gave it to my Storm because it matches her outfit better. Countless people have probably done the same, in that the mount is no longer with the original wizard who won it.

Hope this helps, and better luck next time!

El Veeb
archmage sorceress, trans necromancer, legendary diviner

The gold wyvern is the only one I have received on pretty much every wizard I have (Each a different school) so I don't think they are rare at all. The gold ones must be the more common of all of the wyvern mounts.

I think the gold wyvern is easily available on any wizard from my experience so far. Thank you for your response though.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
gtafreak101 wrote:
All the odds are the same. You don't like the chances? Don't by the pack. You spend many crowns on one pack? Don't buy it. Everyday I get a little less patient with complainers.

I'm not sure what I said that rubbed you the wrong way, but I was in no way complaining.
I understand that it is only a chance you are getting and I purchase these packs knowing full well that I may get nothing. I was only curious if there was a reason that mostly storm and ice wizards received the cloud wyverns. If I received a definitive answer, I would have simply just tried on one of those specific wizards instead....

Thanks for your response anyway.