Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Just wanted to tell you about the school myth. how is it bad? Myth is like the helper of the game like balance. Myth can take away tower shield. Myth can take away lots of things that help you in game!

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
2 aoe's, both of which barely any damage. Remove shields, traps, and blades from bosses in avalon and see if you'll ever do such a wasted move again. Earthquake costs too much. Myth only good for PvP.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
aditha12 wrote:
Just wanted to tell you about the school myth. how is it bad? Myth is like the helper of the game like balance. Myth can take away tower shield. Myth can take away lots of things that help you in game!

Myth isn't bad at all, but I wouldn't call them a 'helper' at all. Nor would I call Balance a helper. Each school is fully capable of being soloed by someone who understands it. (All schools have their own 'good' and 'bad' points)

By the way, pierce isn't only available to Myth, and anyone can use a wand to get rid of tower shields.

But aside from that, Myth can be quite strong, if played correctly.
My first wizard here was Myth. I deleted her since I had no idea what I was doing, but am seriously enjoying my 'new' Myth wizard who is level 27 right now.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
aditha12 wrote:

I found Myth quite interesting to play. You need to figure out the minions because I found I used them longer then any other school ones, I like the Wooden Puppet and Cyclops one a lot. The 2 hit process, break shields with low amt. do damage with second hit took me a while to get used to. The level 22 frog gets to throw up repeatedly though out the entire game and getting though Colossus doesn't hurt, what's not to like about an all over damage spell that only needs 4 pips to fire off? My only down fall with Myth does seem to be in picking the correct gear, my pips and damage are not as high as I would like them to be so to solo most of the game is a bit of the stretch but not impossible.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
aditha12 wrote:

I agree~ no school is worse or better than the others. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, no different than the people behind the avatars. ;)

That said, I don't like Myth~ Patrick, my conjurer, is level 21, and I haven't bonded with him yet. Playing him reminds me a lot of playing Balance~ my now-archmage sorceress was my first wizard and, up until level 60, I had the same problems with her... It takes a very-specific personality to play a support school well, and I don't have it. But I'm going to keep playing Myth for now, because I'm curious to see if it gets easier later on, like Balance did.

(Fire is another one that I struggle with. But, at level 15, my little pyromancer, Angela, is still the baby of my main account's wizarding family.)

Good luck!

El Veeb
Archmage Noob of Awesomeness

Explorer
May 30, 2011
well i have an archmage myth wizard i only use earthquake before i let anyone else put traps,prisms,dispels and that way i clear blades and shields for the others in my party. and i use earthquake only if i have no other cards available at that time have you ever heard the expression "desperate times call for desperate measures?

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I don't like fighting myth for this exact reason >:I. Expescially on my death. Once you get to around Celestia I think myth can cast the Myth Imp and put a Death and Life despell and Earthquake isn't exactly my favorite either.

But in PVP myth is probably the most helpful.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
makarius7 wrote:
Yes but myth doesnt have a high attack and it fizzles just as much as fire

Myth's rating, before the proper gear, is 80%. Fire is 75%. Close but not the same.
And yes, Myth can have high attacks...it's called gear for strength, traps and blades. :-/

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
I find it interesting how so many people consider myth to be a weak school that depends on minions or a support-only school good for clearing out shields before someone else casts a real attack spell. I joined Wizard101 over the summer and just maxed my myth avatar. I'll admit I was frustrated by low damage and by the fact that my higher damage spells (Minotaur then Orthrus) required two complete sets of traps because each hit has a smaller then harder strike. Minions seemed like fun at first, at least they were company in fights, but the novelty wears thin when your bull has four tower shields and three sprites around him when you die.

I met several myth wizards who gave advice about which secondary school to use but not much in the way of HOW to use myth. It's certainly not a "point & shoot" school like storm, where the question is whether you hit not whether you kill. By the time I got to Mooshu, I found a balance friend who started teaching me about sun boosts and stacking blades. A friend who plays Magic asked why I was scrounging around through such a big deck every fight so I learned about street and boss decks. But I didn't really start putting it all together until I farmed Charmtooth in Celestia to get my shields for the observatory. At first I died about every other fight but by the 20th battle, I could kill in just a few rounds and not need a health run. I now have a wide range of boosts from crafted and pack gear, pets and tc to use with my beloved Ninja Pigs (only 57 fights with Koto!). In three rounds, I reliably get 3k from my frog and can get 12k within 4-5 rounds from my pigs even if I don't critical. I have poor resist as all my focus is on damage but I solo'ed the Indigo Giant (not my best idea though - had 50 health left when I hit for 15k).

I agree that myth is an excellent support school. I always try to go first into fights so I can use shatter or pierce or earthquake but my two-hit dog has saved the day with more than one cheating boss. Myth wizards seem to cooperate more than other schools. I've met many total strangers and found ourselves blading each other and working together without even talking about it. Enter Water Works with three myth wizards and you'll see great teamwork and an efficient fight.

For those of you who got medusa then quit, for those of you who got frustrated with earthquake taking out all your friends' traps and quit, for those of you who don't play or deleted your myth wizard - you've missed out on an incredibly creative and interesting school. I proudly have 20 training points because I have never trained a secondary school. I don't need one. Myth rocks.

Morgan Taleeyes
Archmage Conjurer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Myth is an amazing school all around.
People may argue that their AoE's are weak, but put a TC monstrous or colossal, and it is amazing!
They work magics in PvP (See what I did there, wizards use magic and I said - Oh nevermind...)! Best school next to Ice IMO!
They have decent health and damage also.

So on a scale of 1 to 10
I would give them: 9/10. One of the best schools to play at archmage.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
i have a myth/storm combo and i only fizzled about 10 precent in combat overall which is low. but i am also a bit more strategic with my attacks i think about what spell i use before i use them.

and as far as gear goes i only use waterworks gear for myth and my deck is myth only thats about it everything else is mixed.

if your using myth and using fire or ice as secondary then yeah you will fizzle more often.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
Myth's rating, before the proper gear, is 80%. Fire is 75%. Close but not the same.
And yes, Myth can have high attacks...it's called gear for strength, traps and blades. :-/
I was using a spell that I learned from a boss so I was different sorry about that

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Hey i'm myth and i dont have a problem i'm lvl 53 it gets easier as you go along the only bad thing is the minions so far have really low health.

you can get rid of traps, shields pretty much any thing you could ever want is in myth

it has moderate accuracy, moderate damage so its a good school to have. XD

Blake Goldblade Grandmaster conjurer!!!

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Myth is and has to be the 2nd or 1st most strategic school to play. You must learn how to utilize your minions properly. You have the minion support spells for a reason. Myth is also the shield breaker of the game. You have a versatile way of taking defenses away from pierce to Basilisk. It's all about the mind when playing myth.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
Myth is definitely the most cerebral school in the game. Hands down, the most difficult to play. It's also my favorite and my highest level character (82) is myth.

Someone said something about their minotaur minion no longer being useful, as it was fully shielded and had 3 sprites on it while they themselves died. That problem has 3 solutions: subdue, mega subdue, and dimension shift.

If you began the battle and haven't done much damage to the enemies yet, you can cast subdue on one of them to make them stop attacking you and attack the minotaur early on.

Mega subdue does the same, but it's an "X" pip spell and will lower threat based on how many pips you put into it. If you've done a lot of damage to an enemy, use mega subdue with a lot of pips (7+) to make it target the minotaur instead of you.

If you've done a ton of damage, not even mega subdue can get the monster to stop attacking you. Now it's time for dimension shift. If you've been doing most of the damage, the monsters should be focusing on you. Which means your minotaur can build up shields and should have been doing exactly that the whole fight. Maybe you put a few blades on him, too. And maybe he has a spritely going - or two! Dimension shift will take all of those off him and place them on you. Now you'll have all of his tower shields, blades, and heals.

Hint: Buff Minion (a +40% blade) and Shield Minion (a -70% tower shield) can be placed on your minion and then transferred onto you with dimension shift. A terrible trick to play on someone in pvp, I'd imagine.

In Krok, Niles the balance tree can teach you 2 spells (spirit traps and spirit blades) that can further help you and your minion reach higher plateaus of damage.

Playing myth is like playing chess: each and every piece has a function and should be used.

Minions are the major reason why I like myth so much. Them and Prof. Drake. I'm a perfectionist and Prof. Drake makes sure I give every task 110%.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
I messed up that was on a ninja pigs spell that i got from a boss.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
I am Myth and Myth has been so useful in my opinion it is the best school to go solo with with all the minions and along with the minions there are a whole heap of useful attack spells

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
RavenLady777 wrote:
Myths attacks are higher than death, life, balance and ice making it the third highest attacker. No more sayings myth has low damage, because that's not true.

Angela

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
WilliamGD185 wrote:
Myths attacks are higher than death, life, balance and ice making it the third highest attacker. No more sayings myth has low damage, because that's not true.

Angela
If you read what I wrote, you will see I did not state they had low attack at all, only how to make the attacks higher.

thank you :-/

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
Mythographer on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Myth is definitely the most cerebral school in the game. Hands down, the most difficult to play. It's also my favorite and my highest level character (82) is myth.

Someone said something about their minotaur minion no longer being useful, as it was fully shielded and had 3 sprites on it while they themselves died. That problem has 3 solutions: subdue, mega subdue, and dimension shift.

If you began the battle and haven't done much damage to the enemies yet, you can cast subdue on one of them to make them stop attacking you and attack the minotaur early on.

Mega subdue does the same, but it's an "X" pip spell and will lower threat based on how many pips you put into it. If you've done a lot of damage to an enemy, use mega subdue with a lot of pips (7+) to make it target the minotaur instead of you.

If you've done a ton of damage, not even mega subdue can get the monster to stop attacking you. Now it's time for dimension shift. If you've been doing most of the damage, the monsters should be focusing on you. Which means your minotaur can build up shields and should have been doing exactly that the whole fight. Maybe you put a few blades on him, too. And maybe he has a spritely going - or two! Dimension shift will take all of those off him and place them on you. Now you'll have all of his tower shields, blades, and heals.

Hint: Buff Minion (a +40% blade) and Shield Minion (a -70% tower shield) can be placed on your minion and then transferred onto you with dimension shift. A terrible trick to play on someone in pvp, I'd imagine.

In Krok, Niles the balance tree can teach you 2 spells (spirit traps and spirit blades) that can further help you and your minion reach higher plateaus of damage.

Playing myth is like playing chess: each and every piece has a function and should be used.

Minions are the major reason why I like myth so much. Them and Prof. Drake. I'm a perfectionist and Prof. Drake makes sure I give every task 110%.
The strategy of dimension shift is great but that spell isn't available until MUCH higher level. By then, the hit all damage from mobs will kill your minion before it stacks up enough shields to make taking them worthwhile. But, overall, I agree completely that myth is a highly strategic school and definitely my favorite.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Myth is just another one of those schools that takes patience to play.