Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sea Dragon bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
There is a talent that my sea dragon has. I am not sure of the name but it is when the pet removes a shield from the opponent randomly.

The bug that I speak of is that sometimes when I place a trap on the opponent my pet registers it as a shield and attempts to remove it and by attempt to remove it I mean that my pet cast the spell but no shield is removed because it's just a trap there.

This bug has it's advantages because sometimes when a shield is placed my sea dragon doesn't attempt to remove but if I place a trap he registers it and cast the spell removing a shield. Though it seems that me casting a trap triggered the event.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Odd. Does your pet have any other may casts? Either way, doesn't seem like a disadvantage, unless you are stuck on a time constraint :P

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Not to worry, this is not a problem.

The spell your pet casts is called Pierce i believe.

Anyway, your pet has a trigger to use the Pierce spell. When anyone( including opponents, you and teammates, maybe even pets but i am not sure) places a ward, which is a shield, trap, etc, your pet has a chance to cast pierce. For you, your pet has always been casting at the wrong time when you place a trap. Becuase wards and shields and traps, both of them can trigger a pet cast. Your problem is your pet only casts when you place a trap on the opponent and your pet doesnt cast when an opponnent places a shield on themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, this is just how it goes and you cant do anything about it, your pet decides when to cast, if it casts at the wrong time then there is nothing you can do about it.

Sorry to break that news to you.

Hope this helped

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The talent is Pierce Train.

This is not a bug. Placing a trap sometimes triggers the talent whether there is a trap placed or not. It is really no more different than a pet casting spritely on you when you don't need healed. Just because you don't need the spell at that given time doesn't mean it can't be triggered.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
TTD03 wrote:
Not to worry, this is not a problem.

The spell your pet casts is called Pierce i believe.

Anyway, your pet has a trigger to use the Pierce spell. When anyone( including opponents, you and teammates, maybe even pets but i am not sure) places a ward, which is a shield, trap, etc, your pet has a chance to cast pierce. For you, your pet has always been casting at the wrong time when you place a trap. Becuase wards and shields and traps, both of them can trigger a pet cast. Your problem is your pet only casts when you place a trap on the opponent and your pet doesnt cast when an opponnent places a shield on themselves or someone else. Unfortunately, this is just how it goes and you cant do anything about it, your pet decides when to cast, if it casts at the wrong time then there is nothing you can do about it.

Sorry to break that news to you.

Hope this helped

There isn't anything you're "breaking" to me. It doesn't bother me when he cast pierce.

I am here to report that it might just be a bug. You have the wrong idea that I am expecting my pet to cast it when any shield goes up.

My pet does cast pierce at times when someone places a shield but he cast it more when I place a trap. I am not sure that is how this spell was intended but that's how it's working out.

I think the talent is fine and I actually like that it works to my advantage because if someone cast a shield and he doesn't remove, I can place a trap in hopes to trigger the event.

I posted this here because it does seem like a bug to me and when you say "you can't do anything about it", that's garbage talk.

This section of the message boards is meant to do things about things that might be wrong in the game. I searched for two days through this section of the message boards and failed to find a single topic on this so seems to me that I might have just been the first to notify KI of this possible bug and if it is not how they intended this talent to be, they can fix it. If not then it's not too big deal at all because that actually allows my pet more of chance to use his talent but like I said, it seems bugged and I wanted to notify KI.

That is all :)

Good day young and old wizards alike :)