Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does the talents of grandparents carry over?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I breed my Efreet (talents: pip, health) with Fire Gnome (talents: defy, spell proof, unicorn). I got Fire Gnome but he only gave me pip and mana. So I decided to breed the Fire Gnome (pip, mana) with another Efreet (attack, accuracy, spritely, fire card). I got efreet with that. So far, I got pip and fire defense. I just want to know if the talents spell defy and spell proof could still manifest in the grand child. Also, can I get spritely at ancient, epic or mega? With the pets I trained, Spritely only shows up either at teen or adult.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Arniebella wrote:
I breed my Efreet (talents: pip, health) with Fire Gnome (talents: defy, spell proof, unicorn). I got Fire Gnome but he only gave me pip and mana. So I decided to breed the Fire Gnome (pip, mana) with another Efreet (attack, accuracy, spritely, fire card). I got efreet with that. So far, I got pip and fire defense. I just want to know if the talents spell defy and spell proof could still manifest in the grand child. Also, can I get spritely at ancient, epic or mega? With the pets I trained, Spritely only shows up either at teen or adult.

Family traits can show up in future generations.

Altho I have seen a few pets get Spritely after Adult it is rare and frankly not worth my bother.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
brwac wrote:
Arniebella wrote:

Family traits can show up in future generations.

Altho I have seen a few pets get Spritely after Adult it is rare and frankly not worth my bother.

Thanks. Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes. My questions are answered. My Pet learned Spritely at Epic. Its Efreet but it also learned to cast Weakness even if the death Pet I hatched with does not have that talent. I almost gave up on this Pet but it has Fire giver and Spell proof. My hope was it could learn Unicorn which is cast rarely. Nevertheless, Spritely came out. It is 1200 experience away to mega. I am wishing for spell-defy or pain-giver. If its Unicorn, I would not complain. Lol!

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Arniebella wrote:

"Spritely only shows up either at teen or adult."

Lolz.

My first Sea Dragon learned Spell Proof first, then Piercemonger, and finally, spritely at Ancient.

My second Sea Dragon wouldn't learn it.
My third Sea Dragon learned it at Teen.
My Brave hound, of course, learned it at Teen.

Not really, usually your pet will learn the Talent if you focus on feeding it
the correct snacks. And to your question, I'm not sure, but my opinion is, it should.

Good luck!
Abigail Fairyblossom (80 Life) - [One in a Million]
Abigail Fairyblossom (50 Balance) -[Master of Balance]
Sestiva (48 Storm) - [One in a Million]
Kristen (32 Death) - [Mastermind]
Angela (26 Ice) - [PvP Veteran]