Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would someone please answer me?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I hatched my chimera pet three or four times with a fierce hound and a whiptail pantera and some other pets and all i got was my same old chimera. I already have a chimera! i trashed my other chimeras. I only started hatching a few days ago. I dont really understad the process. Is it meant to be sometimes you get your own pet or is it i have to do something to get their pet?

Cole Dunerunner Archmage Sorcerer Hero Of Avalon

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
I think it is because it is a normal chimera and the other person isnt allowed to have a specific school pet. hope this helps!

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
There are some pets you hatch with ending up getting your own pet. Professor Greyrose explained the outcomes of pets in the "Pet Pavilion" section.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
aditha12 wrote:
I hatched my chimera pet three or four times with a fierce hound and a whiptail pantera and some other pets and all i got was my same old chimera. I already have a chimera! i trashed my other chimeras. I only started hatching a few days ago. I dont really understad the process. Is it meant to be sometimes you get your own pet or is it i have to do something to get their pet?

Cole Dunerunner Archmage Sorcerer Hero Of Avalon

Its 50-50 chance that you will get your old pet back or someone elses whenever you hatch with somebody or even between your own pets. And you cant do anyting about it. Just cross your fingers and hope luck comes your way.

I sold so many wolfhounds, onyx shenlongs, aqua dragons, leopards etc. on my way to getting the pets i wanted so far. You are not alone.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
By hatching the pet will take on characteristics from both pets.

Not look different. From what I understand the colours might change, but not the pet?

For example I had a fairy and my hound. My hound is at epic with spritely spell. My fairy was the same, but didn't have spritely.

So i hatched and trained and got a fairy with spritely! :D

Here's a great guide you can read through that might help you with your questions:

http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_custom_pet

Good luck!!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Sevalisa wrote:
By hatching the pet will take on characteristics from both pets.

Not look different. From what I understand the colours might change, but not the pet?

For example I had a fairy and my hound. My hound is at epic with spritely spell. My fairy was the same, but didn't have spritely.

So i hatched and trained and got a fairy with spritely! :D

Here's a great guide you can read through that might help you with your questions:

http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_custom_pet

Good luck!!

Oh ok, so maybe you get different talents. Thanks for your help everyone!