Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend teleporting problem

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
It appears sometimes when I try to port to a friend that is in a different area that I am, It sends me back to where you would be if you first entered that place. For example, if my friend needs help in Avalon, and i am in the commons, I will try to teleport to that person, and with no prior warning of anything ging wrong, it takes me back to the place you would be if you pressed go to commons at anywhere in wizard city. It has happened to other people in other places as well. Zamunda, try to port to a friend in the pet pavillion, bounced back. In drake hatchery, try to port to a friend in home, bounced back to the entrence you woul be at from the necropolis. I am signing up for a pvp match, port to a friend in zafaria arena, bounced back. Some of these friends need help asap or they die. Then they get all mad and blame ME. I have gotten removed for such an occrance. Please fix this asap.

Note that It doesnt always happen

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Seems like you need new friends. And I have experienced this before, but payed no mind.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
Seems like you need new friends. And I have experienced this before, but payed no mind.

Seems like you need to reread my post. Its a glitch, and has nothing to do with the friends i add. It does it to all my friends too, and it does it completely randomly. I advise you to take the time to read things. It will help you. Rather then just throwing down the quickest response you can to get your post count up there. If you pay no mind, that is fine. I prefer not to have bugs in our game.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Hmmm... What it seems like is happening to me is the game somehow glitches itself into think that you haven't loaded the zone you're trying to teleport to, and so bounces you back. Of course, I can't do anything about it, but... that's what I think is happening.
-Blake SkyBlade

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Welcome to Glitch word, where complaints dont matter!.

Enjoy your stay

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
thejordanator wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:

Seems like you need to reread my post. Its a glitch, and has nothing to do with the friends i add. It does it to all my friends too, and it does it completely randomly. I advise you to take the time to read things. It will help you. Rather then just throwing down the quickest response you can to get your post count up there. If you pay no mind, that is fine. I prefer not to have bugs in our game.

I did read it. Remember when I said "I've experienced it before, but payed no mind."? I meant that it happened to me before, but didn't know it was a glitch. Maybe you should reread MY post.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This happens when the person you are porting to, enters a building or another area as you port to them.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
The only problem in porting i am having is If I port to you it puts me in a place you have been, not where you are at the moment. Lets say you are going to shop area wizard city and you are in commons, when I port you may be in shop area but I am in commons. So I have to port a second time and this second time usually will put me where you are.
I have had this happen so much I dont pay attention to it when it happens just port a second time. But I have had it happen to all my wizards and most all my friends.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
conno365 wrote:

Enjoy your stay

Lol. Glad you decided to use my saying :D. But that doesnt fit here. You see, there are times when things like that fit and don't fit. This was not one of those times. A glitch is something that kingsisle needs to make and effort to stop before it gets worse.

A pathetic attempt at a rant with endless repetitiveness to another thread does fall in that chatagory. Thats the time I will say that. if a player says:

I don't think the system is fair because I always go last and always lose, thats a PvP town response from me. If its backed up with factual information, and has not been complained about 40 times over, then that is called a logical post. It does not get a PvP town response.

If its asking for help, thats not a pvp town response. If it is giving a strategy, that is not a pvp town response. Same goes for glitches. No legitiment glitch posts belong in this strategy.

Might I add my little anti wizard city protector, that you should learn the difference, and achieve.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:

I did read it. Remember when I said "I've experienced it before, but payed no mind."? I meant that it happened to me before, but didn't know it was a glitch. Maybe you should reread MY post.

My appologies.

Thats what I thought until i did. And found what you said. Its 2 sentences. And you could have worded it better to get your point across

Sadly I can only read what is posted in front of my eyes, I am forced to reply to it like I hear it. I can't infer what anyone is trying to say without them hinting at it. I am not a mind reader.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
conno365 wrote:

Enjoy your stay

Wow, that wasn't very nice. Anyways if complaints didn't matter. Would puppet teams ever be fixed? No. Would amber have a transmute? No. And so on.

Jasmine/Jessica

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
Could be the place is loading or you have no membership.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Wow, that wasn't very nice. Anyways if complaints didn't matter. Would puppet teams ever be fixed? No. Would amber have a transmute? No. And so on.

Jasmine/Jessica
It should be worded unimportant complaints dont matter.