Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Full revision to Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
What gets me mad is how KI just simply creates a new game without fully revising Wizard101. I know they trying their best, but it has been years and players still experience the same problems in Wizard101.

In gardening, players cant harvest plants by clicking or using X

In some areas Dueling circles are glitched, wizards body will be half under the dueling circle. Even sometimes mobs will just simply walk away...

Wyvern mounts fly so low that their big claws have to go through the ground.

And the list goes on and on...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
What gets me mad is how KI just simply creates a new game without fully revising Wizard101. I know they trying their best, but it has been years and players still experience the same problems in Wizard101.

In some areas Dueling circles are glitched, wizards body will be half under the dueling circle. Even sometimes mobs will just simply walk away...

No game is perfect. Have you been to the pirates beta? ugh.
I have no problem with gardening/harvesting
I have never experienced the duel scenario you explained.
Who cares how low the mounts fly...at least it's not so high up (like the Raven) that you can't see where you're going. I like the Wyvern just the way it is.
Yes, there are issues.. there probably always will be. But that doesn't mean KI isn't trying. It's hard to fix every little thing for 30 million people.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I experience some bumps in game now and then also. Now when ever something is loading in my wizard freezes in mid flight, if I don't get off arrow key and am at a corner run right into a monster. Yesterday in Mooshu fighting I was unable to choose any spells for 2 rounds but I could pass or flee - very embarrassing since I had a menu chat accidentally join and I couldn't tell him it wasn't because he joined my fight.

Up side my quest arrow does seem to be getting better I don't have to sign off and back on as much these days. Some times I have to use Q more then others because it doesn't seem to have a pattern on what it keeps track of now be it main or side or Grizzleheim.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

People make mistakes, and things get by them. We players are given the tools to report glitches as we come across them and, if we aren't passing on that info, the problem doesn't get resolved.

Elsewhere on the interwebz, I am a moderator; when someone submits tickets to my help-desk, I always ask them to do the following:

-give a description of the glitch(es);
-tell us whether the issue is cosmetic or technical;
-explain in detail what you're trying to do, before and after;
-provide screenshots or visual proof, if you can;
-let us know if or not you can recreate it.

If you do any or all of these, I'm sure KI will appreciate it~ it lets them know exactly what needs fixing, gives them a ton of useful info, and helps them eliminate villainous scum from the system doubly quick. ;)

The Spiral may be a magical place, but KI staff are humans, not wizards~ they can't read minds and, if they don't know it's broken, they can't fix it.

Hope this helps!
"El Veeb"

Archmage of Awesomeness
& Poet/SuperMod, elsewhere on the interwebz. ;)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Some of the glitches can also be a result of older video/graphics cards that the drivers can no longer be updated. You may want to check those issues as well for the simple fact that not every little glitch is on KI's side of the game.

Disabling some of the things you don't use in the game can also help.

Otherwise, the best thing to do besides posting it here on the boards to see if anyone else is having the same problems is to submit a report to support.

As for a full revision of W101, that could take months and I think KI takes into consideration that by doing something like this may cause some other problems that were not intended to happen.

Defender
May 19, 2012
In regards to not being able to harvest plants using x or left mouse click...I find that if I can't click on something I'm supposed to be able to click on, all I have to do is move a good distance away from the object, then return, and I can click. Perhaps a little inconvenient, but it works. :)

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

Try fizzling umpteen million times in a row.
Try battling bosses of your own school without converts showing up until you have discarded half your deck.
Try getting killed in the first round of battle when the enemies have first turn so you can't even use a shield.
Try having no wand spells and you know you can kill with one if you had it, but now you have to discard or wait for pips.
Try having to defeat a bajillion and one enemies just to collect one quest item.
Try getting caught on every single corner / rock / lamppost / whatever silly little decoration, then having to go straight out into an UNWANTED BATTLE just so you can move.
Try having friends ask you every three seconds for help when they are nowhere near a battle.
Try going to certain parties hosted by LEGENDS OF THE SPIRAL and the host does not show up, then people begin cussing around the censor and when you start reporting you get reported too. (And now accused of being a hall monitor, which I am not) (btw KI: Maybe you should ban that phrase and any variants even close to similar?)
Try finding regents when you need them.
Try NOT finding regents when you don't need them.
Try buying something from the bazaar, just to see item has been sold already, when there were 100 of then one second ago!!!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
grahambhg wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

Try battling bosses of your own school without converts showing up until you have discarded half your deck.
Try getting killed in the first round of battle when the enemies have first turn so you can't even use a shield.
Try having no wand spells and you know you can kill with one if you had it, but now you have to discard or wait for pips.
Try having to defeat a bajillion and one enemies just to collect one quest item.
Try getting caught on every single corner / rock / lamppost / whatever silly little decoration, then having to go straight out into an UNWANTED BATTLE just so you can move.
Try having friends ask you every three seconds for help when they are nowhere near a battle.
Try going to certain parties hosted by LEGENDS OF THE SPIRAL and the host does not show up, then people begin cussing around the censor and when you start reporting you get reported too. (And now accused of being a hall monitor, which I am not) (btw KI: Maybe you should ban that phrase and any variants even close to similar?)
Try buying something from the bazaar, just to see item has been sold already, when there were 100 of then one second ago!!!

I am sorry but this post has me ROTFLOL - it's just too true to realize what we go though for a game that we say is fun.

Apparently we all like to be tortured.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
grahambhg wrote:

You're probably a newbie Storm or Fire wizard. Even if you're not, suck it up and get used to it~ unless your accuracy is 100% or higher, you will fizzle, so find some gear with accuracy boosts... Not hard.

grahambhg wrote:

Obviously, your deck is too big. You should never be playing with a full deck, especially not at the upper levels.

grahambhg wrote:

Again, you're probably a newbie Storm wizard. That said, enemies and bosses at that level still can't one-hit kill... If an enemy is defeating you on the first round, the world you're in is too advanced for you.

grahambhg wrote:

One-pip spells do exist, you know.

grahambhg wrote:

You and everyone else, dear.

grahambhg wrote:

Watch how the mobs move; the tutorial tip at the beginning even says to stay on the sidewalk if you wanted to avoid fights... why aren't you?

grahambhg wrote:

Not KI's problem. Sounds like you need new friends.

grahambhg wrote:

Again, not KI's fault. That's something you need to take up with the group leaders.

Cussing isn't KI's fault, either: it means your friends can't control their mouths and will probably get muted or banned for it. And, if they're false-reporting you, I think you definitely need new friends.

grahambhg wrote:

I hate reagent collecting, too. But there are so many ways to get them, even if it takes forever and a year~ by limiting yourself to the Bazaar, you shortchange yourself.

grahambhg wrote:

Wait, what? Explain, por favor?

grahambhg wrote:
Try buying something from the bazaar, just to see item has been sold already, when there were 100 of then one second ago!!

100 items, 30 million players. You do the math.

That is all.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
grahambhg wrote:

You're probably a newbie Storm or Fire wizard. Even if you're not, suck it up and get used to it~ unless your accuracy is 100% or higher, you will fizzle, so find some gear with accuracy boosts... Not hard.

grahambhg wrote:

Obviously, your deck is too big. You should never be playing with a full deck, especially not at the upper levels.

grahambhg wrote:

Again, you're probably a newbie Storm wizard. That said, enemies and bosses at that level still can't one-hit kill... If an enemy is defeating you on the first round, the world you're in is too advanced for you.

grahambhg wrote:

One-pip spells do exist, you know.

grahambhg wrote:

You and everyone else, dear.

grahambhg wrote:

Watch how the mobs move; the tutorial tip at the beginning even says to stay on the sidewalk if you wanted to avoid fights... why aren't you?

grahambhg wrote:

Not KI's problem. Sounds like you need new friends.

grahambhg wrote:

Again, not KI's fault. That's something you need to take up with the group leaders.

Cussing isn't KI's fault, either: it means your friends can't control their mouths and will probably get muted or banned for it. And, if they're false-reporting you, I think you definitely need new friends.

grahambhg wrote:

I hate reagent collecting, too. But there are so many ways to get them, even if it takes forever and a year~ by limiting yourself to the Bazaar, you shortchange yourself.

grahambhg wrote:

Wait, what? Explain, por favor?

grahambhg wrote:
Try buying something from the bazaar, just to see item has been sold already, when there were 100 of then one second ago!!

100 items, 30 million players. You do the math.

That is all.

Apparently experienced players do not see the humor in the original post. No matter how you brow beat it - it happens to some of us less knowledgeable wizards at one time or another.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Most of my "complaints" were either exaggeration or sarcasm. (and in some cases both!) Anywho with the one or two that weren't: They make the original post's complaints about camera angles seem silly.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
Obviously, your deck is too big. You should never be playing with a full deck.

Isn't that a euphemism for insanity?

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I have a problem with this game too. I am a life student and have worked my character up to level 49 and it looks as though that is as far as I will be going because no matter what I do, I can't beaf up my character enough to battle the second half of grizzlehelm and I cant do much in dragonspire. I have tried twice by buying back my spells points and changing second and third school, but it doesn't help. Life is just too weak! All I get from quests is healing spells which do no good since I don't have the attack cards to win a battle without having to spend Forever in a battle, hoping i can survive.
I made it through mooshu fine, but from there on out the worlds got way, way, way too hard. It's like night and day. I can't wait around for friends all the time, plus being Life they want me to help them, but no one helps me when I call. I've tried helping people in the hope they would return the favor, but nooooo, they are always too busy.
At this point in the game I can no longer progress by myself and I find that very frustrating.
So I say to you KI, what in the world were you thinking? Jumping up the level of difficulty that much? I was excited to hear about Pirate101, but now I am not so sure.
I have spent a ton of money with this game and I thinks you guys have reached a new low at being money grubbers. I have bought the best equipment, spent tons on card packs that give me trash and I can't battle these worlds.
You know it wouldn't be so bad if I could at least have fun growing or crafting, but you have so many restrictions in place that it is no fun. Truthfully, I don't want to have to spend 99% of my time battling (especially now that I can't succeed) and 1% on other tasks. The balance is all off now.
I have talked with others as frustrated as I am, so I know I am not alone in this conviction. You are probably losing people in this game after mooshu. I know I go to dragonspire and I don't see near as many people playing as I did in the other worlds.
I suggest that you change the school trees so that anyone can buy recipes from them. That would be an easy and helpful way of helping us lifers out.
You should back of the growing/crafting restrictions after say level 45 so we can work to beaf up our supplies and have a chance to continue the game. You make it too hard and you lose customers!
One more thing, dragonspires storyline? Really? You really fell down on the job at this point and I have to say I as a customer am very disappointed.

I am at at the point that I am seriously thinking of quiting this game altogether. (As I am Sure others have as well.)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I have none of the stated problems at this time. I learned how to move in safe paths to avoid unwanted battles. I learned how to set up my deck so that I get what I need, when I need it. I have let the game teach me its quirks and rules, and let it guide me to hone my skills.

Wizard 101 doesn't need a full revision. Players need to attend to their skill sets to ameliorate the problems mentioned above; most of them are user-related.

My only criticism of the game at this point is that I would love to see more in-depth exploration of the story line, and more development of back story for the major characters.

Kudos, KI,

Qbb