Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kill off PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
It's useless and unfair. There's no use of anything you can get with arena tickets except pets but you can mix with those. 90% of the time, the wizard going first will win. Every rule KI puts up is can be broken to gain advantages...polymorph much? If you pay the crowns, you might get the gear to help win...Acendant Staff anyone? It's always a fair fight when you fight someone 5 levels ahead of you with Polymorph giving pet going first with an Acendant Staff, ya know? KI will punish you if you disagree so don't!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
As much as i would love to end pvp now, it's a part of the game and it makes KI money. I use to love pvp back when the schools were actually balanced, but now i can see how some players may feel about this. I personally quit pvp months ago.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
srsly? just sounds like you don't enjoy pvp and want to take it away from everyone. I for one do not use crown gear and do good at pvp. Yea my pet gives treant morph, which doesn't even have actual attacks. everything you wrote is very one-sided.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
Muisak wrote:
It's useless and unfair. There's no use of anything you can get with arena tickets except pets but you can mix with those. 90% of the time, the wizard going first will win. Every rule KI puts up is can be broken to gain advantages...polymorph much? If you pay the crowns, you might get the gear to help win...Acendant Staff anyone? It's always a fair fight when you fight someone 5 levels ahead of you with Polymorph giving pet going first with an Acendant Staff, ya know? KI will punish you if you disagree so don't!

Well i think of pvp as a fun way to improve your strategy and if you don't like ppl being a higher lvl than you then create your own match with level settings or go with friends.Simple.

Anna Darkgrove
(Thaumaturge of True Awesomeness)
- the universal symbol for happiness is a smile -

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
this is just a thought,but low lvl players should not have access to tc s that are higher than his or her level.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
cassandra420 wrote:
this is just a thought,but low lvl players should not have access to tc s that are higher than his or her level.

When we get matched with wizards our lvl rater than 15+ lvls ahead of us then I can agree with this....

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I really enjoy PvP. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Pretend it's not there.

Cover your ears and make a humming sound when someone mentions it.

Get an amnesiac and completely clear the phrase "PvP" from your mind, so you aren't confronted with those horrifying PvP-related thoughts flying around in your brain.

Other than those suggestions, I really can't help you with your PvPhobia.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
I've put in my 2 cents about it. It's a time killer is all. You can even make a warlord mad by simply passing or god forbid, you use a TC...like I said once, kill off those TCs in PvP too. And the gear in PvP. And the Pets in PvP...yak, yak, blah, blah. It's a not made to practice strategy...out healing the other person isn't a strategy. More than I need to say...repeating the same ol' junk.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
I started after Celestia was released so I never got a chance to do that apparently wonderful Grandmaster PvP, but here's what I think . . .
I was once against a Thaumaturge (I'm a Pyromancer) who was five levels ahead of me. He went first. Neither of use used treasure cards or had pets that constantly cast Sprite. And I still won, which proves that (although the person who goes first does tend to have an advantage) it is not impossible to win if you go second, or if you're fire or storm against ice, or if the other person is a slightly higher level. (We were both Grandmasters at that point.)
Anyway, a lot of people (me included) really enjoy PvP. If you don't like it, just ignore it, because you don't have to do it to progress in the game.
Fiona Mythsinger, Level 57 Pyromancer

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
If you don't like it, make an Ice, level them up and get the good gear. Boom, PvP wins almost guaranteed.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree with the OP~ PvP is broken, kill it.

It's been ruined by puppet teams, obnoxious players who seem to think themselves superior to everyone else, and classless winners, who get off on taunting their opponents. Plus, people are always complaining that every spell used against them is overpowered and then cry nerf, without any regard for the rest of us.

There's no such thing as sportsmanship in the arena, and who wins depends on who's willing to spend the most money~ those of us who play fairly simply can't compete with cold, hard cash. Which is precisely why KI won't get rid of it~ it makes them a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong~ I could buy a mastery amulet, if I wanted to, but it's the principle. Whether in PvP or PvE, I don't agree with buying one's way to the top~ plus, victory is sweeter when you earn it, is it not?

/my 2 cents.
-veebz

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Aww the little wizard doesn't know how to PvP so wants it off the game!

I hate PvP for real reasons. Not strategy.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I personally like to pvp to have fun, so killing it off just because there are some issues mostly assosiated with ranked pvp isn't fair to the people who just want to have fun. Besides, there's more to online multiplayer games than just pvp you know.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
PvP isn't for everyone. I, for one, could care less about PvP, Mainly because I have run across alot of people who play PvP matches or games and are rude and classless and arrogant. Not everyone mind you, but quite a few that I have ran across in several different MMORPG games that include PvP. PvP isn't bad by itself and would actually be fun to do, If it wasn't for other players bad attitude and poor sportsmanship. And I have to completely agree with Vonawesome1. Those with the deepest pockets win.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
I agree with the OP~ PvP is broken, kill it.

It's been ruined by puppet teams, obnoxious players who seem to think themselves superior to everyone else, and classless winners, who get off on taunting their opponents. Plus, people are always complaining that every spell used against them is overpowered and then cry nerf, without any regard for the rest of us.

There's no such thing as sportsmanship in the arena, and who wins depends on who's willing to spend the most money~ those of us who play fairly simply can't compete with cold, hard cash. Which is precisely why KI won't get rid of it~ it makes them a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong~ I could buy a mastery amulet, if I wanted to, but it's the principle. Whether in PvP or PvE, I don't agree with buying one's way to the top~ plus, victory is sweeter when you earn it, is it not?

/my 2 cents.
-veebz

Agreed!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:

I don't know if this was a reply to me or the OP.

If it was directed at me~ I'm sorry, but buying one's way through the game is not strategy. Strategy is when someone without the extra cash to throw around can still win because she is resourceful, anticipates every possible scenario, and adjusts her plans accordingly.

If it was directed at the OP~ who are you to judge? Unless you have PvPed against him (or her), you have no right to tell him whether or not he knows how to PvP... Just because his reasons for disliking it may be different from yours, it doesn't make them any less "real". Attitudes like yours are what keep me far, far away from that hole in Unicorn Park.

Strategy or no strategy, taunting your opponent is in poor taste~ being a sore winner is just as bad as refusing to accept defeat graciously.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:

I don't know if this was a reply to me or the OP.

If it was directed at me~ I'm sorry, but buying one's way through the game is not strategy. Strategy is when someone without the extra cash to throw around can still win because she is resourceful, anticipates every possible scenario, and adjusts her plans accordingly.

If it was directed at the OP~ who are you to judge? Unless you have PvPed against him (or her), you have no right to tell him whether or not he knows how to PvP... Just because his reasons for disliking it may be different from yours, it doesn't make them any less "real". Attitudes like yours are what keep me far, far away from that hole in Unicorn Park.

Strategy or no strategy, taunting your opponent is in poor taste~ being a sore winner is just as bad as refusing to accept defeat graciously.

If it was directed towards you, I would of quoted you or mentioned you. I understand why you hate PvP, exactly same reasons I hate it. He hates because he cannot win.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:

If it was directed towards you, I would of quoted you or mentioned you. I understand why you hate PvP, exactly same reasons I hate it. He hates because he cannot win.

Okay, thanks for clarifying... I can't win to save my life either (non-Mastery-amulet Balance wizard here), but that's not why I dislike PvP: it's because, like I said, some of the more "charming" players think that taunting is acceptable, and it isn't.

A little story: once upon a time, when I was level 50, I faced a Life wizard a few levels lower in the Arena. That Life wizard was quite the charming fellow~ he even began our duel by saying, "you're a Balance wizard? You'll never win, so why don't you just leave now?" Then, he continued to taunt after he won, saying, "you totally had this in the bag, until I started healing~ you should know that you can't outheal me".

>__<

Stay classy, Life wizards.

-

General PvP attitude:

"ZOMG, I lost to a *insert school* wizard, who beat me with *insert spell*... OVERPOWERED, let's nerf it! And, oh, hey... I'm *insert school*, so I'm better than you... *gloat gloat gloat*... but you're still overpowered. NERF!"

I've never done 1v1, except in one practice match.... which I actually won (OMGSRSLY) and was promptly told that I didn't deserve to "because Balance isn't a PvP school". This is after my opponent (Fire) cheated and said he lost connection... yet somehow continued to cast, which clued me in that he was lying.

I have PvPed exactly 5 times, all of which were 3v3 and ended in disaster. Both times, I got teamed with Fire and Storm wizards, which made me the tank AND the healer; our opponents were the immortal trio of Life, Myth, and Ice.... Needless to say, we didn't have a chance in that fiery brimstone place that's not Dragonspyre.

...But, if there's an upside to all of this, it's that I was the last one to die. :P

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:

Okay, thanks for clarifying... I can't win to save my life either (non-Mastery-amulet Balance wizard here), but that's not why I dislike PvP: it's because, like I said, some of the more "charming" players think that taunting is acceptable, and it isn't.

A little story: once upon a time, when I was level 50, I faced a Life wizard a few levels lower in the Arena. That Life wizard was quite the charming fellow~ he even began our duel by saying, "you're a Balance wizard? You'll never win, so why don't you just leave now?" Then, he continued to taunt after he won, saying, "you totally had this in the bag, until I started healing~ you should know that you can't outheal me".

>__<

Stay classy, Life wizards.

-

General PvP attitude:

"ZOMG, I lost to a *insert school* wizard, who beat me with *insert spell*... OVERPOWERED, let's nerf it! And, oh, hey... I'm *insert school*, so I'm better than you... *gloat gloat gloat*... but you're still overpowered. NERF!"

I've never done 1v1, except in one practice match.... which I actually won (OMGSRSLY) and was promptly told that I didn't deserve to "because Balance isn't a PvP school". This is after my opponent (Fire) cheated and said he lost connection... yet somehow continued to cast, which clued me in that he was lying.

I have PvPed exactly 5 times, all of which were 3v3 and ended in disaster. Both times, I got teamed with Fire and Storm wizards, which made me the tank AND the healer; our opponents were the immortal trio of Life, Myth, and Ice.... Needless to say, we didn't have a chance in that fiery brimstone place that's not Dragonspyre.

...But, if there's an upside to all of this, it's that I was the last one to die. :P

Ah, the lovely people we meet! (:P)

I've had instances like that on my Storm gel. I had decided to PvP in my mid-fifties level and was paired against an Ice wizard. So, the charmer says "Well, I suppose you should leave just now? Oh whats that? Sorry, didn't hear you over the shouting of my fans." (Something like that) and continues to gloat.

So, near the end I cast a critical Triton and the little guy gets mad and says "I'll report you for cheating!" and after he won he did just that.

Whoop-de-doo.

Anyways, it is possible for a player who refuses to spend on dime on PvP to win. (My Ice is a Sergeant, nearly the rank that comes after, forgot what it was of course...) and I haven't spent a dime on her.

I have managed the uphill climb, but when others can't they simply go to complain. Look at the spells that got nerfed because of it, they were all fair, but players who couldn't use strategy complained and so KI nerfed them.

For example: Guardian Spirit. A perfectly fine spell for PvE, but in PvE we get people whining about it. Boom! Nerfed.

Sirens. Again, perfectly fine but it was still nerfed.

And I'm sure that there are many more that I've forgotten to mention but hey, let's just stick with these.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
wolferyna wrote:
srsly? just sounds like you don't enjoy pvp and want to take it away from everyone. I for one do not use crown gear and do good at pvp. Yea my pet gives treant morph, which doesn't even have actual attacks. everything you wrote is very one-sided.
i never really buy much either all i do is walk in there and try to win with gear from the bazaar

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Muisak wrote:

No. Don't "Kill of pvp". Rebalance pvp. Serious pvp updates are due. A lot of 2v2 teams are puppet teams. Level 30 death wizards use skully dragon. Ice wizards use gear with WAY overpowered. Come on KI.

I personally love pvp. But it is seriously getting out of hand.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
renesmeecullen1012... wrote:
Muisak wrote:

Well i think of pvp as a fun way to improve your strategy and if you don't like ppl being a higher lvl than you then create your own match with level settings or go with friends.Simple.

Anna Darkgrove
(Thaumaturge of True Awesomeness)
- the universal symbol for happiness is a smile -

You talking about practice matches? Wait till you get into the Rank ones

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Muisak wrote:

I love pvp!, Not only because i am good at it, but because it improves strategy, it is like chess but with magic, I know pvp has have a lot of dark times, but we certainly can not give up now. I will fight to the end :D, and of course this is the only way to get that cool commander gear :D, (i am going for my fourth one :D )