Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hall monitors may not be a good solution

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
drago622 wrote:
professor you still didnt asnwer my question will kingisle find and catch these useless mutes and warnings??

That was already covered in the initial announcement about Hall Monitors:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes#hm

"These sanctions will be reviewed by our senior Wizards to ensure the correct action was taken, and may escalate sanctions as necessary. "
so they can get muted or banned thats a huge relieve but little cautioned because some of them were usless but i am guessing not but little cautioned but thank you for telling me professor i proudly support the hall monitors but little cautioned bout them ty ty for telling me :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
drago622 wrote:
i am wondering it can be banned but professoer would you ban those thoguh i mean like they did stuff to innocent people! :( i feel so sry for them

Drago622, those Hall monitors are going to be around for a long time. KI is not going to just shut them down as long a they do not do some thing wrong.

These players you are saying are innocent and got muted, more than likely did do something they should not have done. If you do not have the chat those players might have, you can not see what they said. The Hall Monitors are very careful not to make false reports. KI will look at all of those reports the same way they always do. If those players did do something wrong then KI may make the mute permanent or even ban the players.

Thank you Professor Greyrose. You have been very considerate and prompt in trying to help players and their families understand that KI will not just pick random players as Hall Monitors. I hope that all players will appreciate the hard work KI is going through in picking the right ones to be Hall Monitors.

Very well Done

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP
i have text chat though just little cautioned for now i proudly support the idea just cautioned a little thats all

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
drago622 wrote:

professer greyrose could kingisle ever catch who is warning and muting for no reason

i am concerned becuasse yesterday morning and yesterday noon and people were getting muted and warned for no reason

would you be able to catch them if you could plz let me know ill be very thankful i feel bad for those people though and how is it bad to say swear? plz tell me after you have read this message :D

Drago622, if you saw someone warned or muted yesterday, it was for a reason. The Hall Monitors are very careful in what they do.

There will not be any problems with the Hall monitors that KI can not fix. So, don't worry about someone being warned or muted.

If you do not have open or filtered chat, then the chances are you were not able to see even a small amount of what the person may have said.

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding Member WCP i have text man goshy i am just saying there were useless though but idk know its confuisng now as it is

Explorer
May 30, 2011
I personally like the idea of the hall monitors in the game because reporting isn't enough anymore with hall monitors around things will be more peaceful you don't have to know who the hall monitors are KI already has that covered. and the new updates were only added # days ago its too early to pass judgement give the hall monitors at least a month if it doesn't seem like a good idea after that then KI will end the program.

Me i wouldn't want to be a hall monitor because its a very stressful job and if you can't handle the pressure then you should be a hall monitor.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
The use of Hall Monitors is a great addition to the game. When KI selects who they feel comfortable with, I am sure that they are given detailed guidelines on how to handle situations. Remember, swearing is not the only reason that players may lose their privilege of chat. If one doesn't understand why others are being muted, I suggest that they should review the Terms of Use for the game.

With KI getting the final say on the mutes or decision to increase the sanctions on the accounts in question, there is not going to be any abuse of the Hall Monitor's powers.

Easiest solution to all wizards would be to play nice and watch what you say and how you act. Play by the rules and you don't have anything to worry about.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
I am very pleased with this new program.

I have total faith in KI and their choices for Hall Monitor. IMO when starting a program like this you want the best you can find. I have no doubt the people are thoroughly vetted by KI.

I am tickled pink by this. I love that everyone know has visible proof KI does care and takes this seriously. Every time I see I pop up I will say, "Thank you KI and thank you Hall monitors".

I feel very good right now, our concerns have been heard and addressed. I am trusting KI has a good plan and will continue to deal with the filth in Spiral. This has allowed me to remain vigilant but go have fun in the Spiral with my friends.

Megan Frostriver Founding Member WCP

Hear! Hear! What a wonderful suggestion and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it. I think whether on menu (does menu see the warning, I'm assuming everyone does) chat or open chat, I think I will join you in calling out Thank you whenever I see it. What a wonderful show of solidarity and support it would be if people take that up and run with it and it will send a message to the ones who are behaving badly that their fellow players will no longer let themselves be disrespected this way! I think it'd be a great idea for all of us to give a hearty thanks for the Spiral we love being cleaned up.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
GrammyH wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
I am very pleased with this new program.

I have total faith in KI and their choices for Hall Monitor. IMO when starting a program like this you want the best you can find. I have no doubt the people are thoroughly vetted by KI.

I am tickled pink by this. I love that everyone know has visible proof KI does care and takes this seriously. Every time I see I pop up I will say, "Thank you KI and thank you Hall monitors".

I feel very good right now, our concerns have been heard and addressed. I am trusting KI has a good plan and will continue to deal with the filth in Spiral. This has allowed me to remain vigilant but go have fun in the Spiral with my friends.

Megan Frostriver Founding Member WCP

Hear! Hear! What a wonderful suggestion and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it. I think whether on menu (does menu see the warning, I'm assuming everyone does) chat or open chat, I think I will join you in calling out Thank you whenever I see it. What a wonderful show of solidarity and support it would be if people take that up and run with it and it will send a message to the ones who are behaving badly that their fellow players will no longer let themselves be disrespected this way! I think it'd be a great idea for all of us to give a hearty thanks for the Spiral we love being cleaned up.

This has been one of the best things added to date.

I am sure some of you has seen some of us saying THANK YOU to the Hall Monitors and or KI in the game. The Members of WCP will fully support this addition.

Thank you KI

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
yea you w101 people have really good ideas for bringing hall monitors up, i keep saying: everyone dont use bad words or else you'll get muted! So then someone said to me: shut op and a few bad words i wont say but anyways then it said he got muted i said sorry but i warned you then he said: Boo hoo in text chat i felt bad for him but i dont like how he was being like that keep up the good work ki!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
We appreciate your concerns but please have a little faith in us that we do extensive account background checks before we extend an invitation to be a Hall Monitor.

It is solely at the discretion of KingsIsle Entertainment as to who will be included in this program.

And yes, since the program is completely anonymous to everyone but KingsIsle, claiming you are a Hall Monitor is a reportable (and bannable) offense.
I do have faith that when you grant Hall Monitor rights to someone, they are clean. But, There isn't any guarantee what they may do with the power you granted them. The other day, I heard of an unknown Monitor randomly muting everyone in the same room as him. I can't see this being a very good thing for the playerbase, as many would become aggrivated and quit. Personally, I think KI staff members would be a better idea.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Proffesor Grayrose- How would I become a "Hall Monitor" because I happen to know a few people that say they are "Hall Monitors" but they aren't. Please write back

-Wolf DeathBlade Order Of The Fang

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
@BionaKnight, there are a lot of rumors flying around about Monitors abusing their power. I assure you this is not the case. I have had the pleasure to actually witness what they are doing and to date, I have not seen a single FALSE mute. Those being muted deserved it and steps need to be taken to reduce the number of F2P accounts these players are SPAMMING for the purpose of cursing in the game. Please do not rely on what some one is saying. You may want to check this out for yourself. If so, go to Wu realm Commons and Dye Shop.

@Xgen118 ALL Hall Monitors are by INVITATION only. You can not apply for it. KI is Hand Picking those they wish to serve in this position. KI also does a very thorough background check on everyone they select.

Claiming to be a Hall Monitor is a reportable offense that can get you muted and or banned.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
xgen118 wrote:
Proffesor Grayrose- How would I become a "Hall Monitor" because I happen to know a few people that say they are "Hall Monitors" but they aren't. Please write back

-Wolf DeathBlade Order Of The Fang

Hey, Wolf~ hall monitors are chosen by KI, through an extensive screening process. It's not something we can apply for, nor will KI just pick anyone; I would also assume that a prospective HM would have to be over 18, as it's highly unlikely that they'd put the power to mute or ban players in the hands of a child.

(I'm not saying that all kids are irresponsible, but the majority would make emotionally-charged decisions; adults are better able to view a situation objectively, meaning that a HM would mute because something is against the rules, not because it upsets her.)

Saying you're a Hall Monitor is a reportable offense, and falls under impersonation of KI staff. HMs are also not allowed to tell anyone that they are HMs, so if someone claims to be one, report him (or her) immediately.

Happy trails,

-veebz

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Armiger
May 10, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
We appreciate your concerns but please have a little faith in us that we do extensive account background checks before we extend an invitation to be a Hall Monitor.

It is solely at the discretion of KingsIsle Entertainment as to who will be included in this program.

And yes, since the program is completely anonymous to everyone but KingsIsle, claiming you are a Hall Monitor is a reportable (and bannable) offense.
I do have faith that when you grant Hall Monitor rights to someone, they are clean. But, There isn't any guarantee what they may do with the power you granted them. The other day, I heard of an unknown Monitor randomly muting everyone in the same room as him. I can't see this being a very good thing for the playerbase, as many would become aggrivated and quit. Personally, I think KI staff members would be a better idea.

Did you hear, that the fox dogged the wolf, before the pixie ate the fairy?

So, you hear and believe everything?

I heard that if you sneeze and rub your belly at the same time, you win the lottery that day. So, it must be true, because I heard it.

OK, all sarcasm aside. Lets be realistic here and not over exaggerate or create panic or hysteria over a great addition to the game.

If you are worried, state specifics and not spread rumors that are greatly exaggerated and fabricated.

Leader and Co-Founder of WCP
DarthJT

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
drago622 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
drago622 wrote:
i am wondering it can be banned but professoer would you ban those thoguh i mean like they did stuff to innocent people! :( i feel so sry for them

Drago622, those Hall monitors are going to be around for a long time. KI is not going to just shut them down as long a they do not do some thing wrong.

These players you are saying are innocent and got muted, more than likely did do something they should not have done. If you do not have the chat those players might have, you can not see what they said. The Hall Monitors are very careful not to make false reports. KI will look at all of those reports the same way they always do. If those players did do something wrong then KI may make the mute permanent or even ban the players.

Thank you Professor Greyrose. You have been very considerate and prompt in trying to help players and their families understand that KI will not just pick random players as Hall Monitors. I hope that all players will appreciate the hard work KI is going through in picking the right ones to be Hall Monitors.

Very well Done

i have text chat though just little cautioned for now i proudly support the idea just cautioned a little thats all

You do not get muted for no reason, they either sweared around filters or did something they should of never done, and you can get muted, text or open. I agree with Goldendragon. I fully agree with the hall monitors as well.
Jasmine/Jessica.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Personally I think the Idea of Hall Monitors are a really good Idea. With so many realms and servers and players coming and going, The Creators and Kingsisle employees can't be everywhere at once. The Idea of having In Game Moderators is a great idea. I have played alot of MMORPG's and out of the half a dozen I have played, They all have some sort of in Game Moderators to ensure noone is breaking any rules or hacking or whatever and it works very well. I say just give it a chance and wait and see how it works out before passing negative judgement on it. If it turns out that the Hall Monitors aren't doing their job or are slacking, Then I am pretty sure Kingisle will reavalute the Hall Monitor positions.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I love the Hall Monitor idea in my opinion. Why? Because it will teach everyone to be good, cut down on the use of bad language (its a family game for a reason), and to top it all off, it may help with the false reporting (which I got false reported every time I happen to get a report ......).
Another thing, if you dont want to get muted or warned by a Hall Monitor, then just behave. :? I'm just speaking for the younger players that want to have a friendly game enviornment and not have to deal with the fighting and vulgar language. :) This is just my opinion on the Hall Monitors, you may think differently or not, but i'm happy that Kingsisle made this program, keep up the good work. See you and my friends in the spiral. :D

"Great power is not learned, it is earned"

Tristan DarkBlade Archmage Ice

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
I do not think that any player should have power to mute or sanction in any way another player .If K.I. wants there staff to do that i would agree with it . For the record I have less then NO FAITH in KI's ability to pick out the good from the bad . KI has stated that they look over the reports from regular players. I have seen many many people get reported over the last 2+ years and have NEVER seen anything happen to any of them . KI needs to implement a ISP ban on ALL underage accounts with open chat . that would go much further then giving a player powers that they CAN and WILL abuse on a regular basis . Sorry KI but you have once again dropped the ball on keeping this a kid safe game .

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jamderson wrote:
I do not think that any player should have power to mute or sanction in any way another player .If K.I. wants there staff to do that i would agree with it . For the record I have less then NO FAITH in KI's ability to pick out the good from the bad . KI has stated that they look over the reports from regular players. I have seen many many people get reported over the last 2+ years and have NEVER seen anything happen to any of them . KI needs to implement a ISP ban on ALL underage accounts with open chat . that would go much further then giving a player powers that they CAN and WILL abuse on a regular basis . Sorry KI but you have once again dropped the ball on keeping this a kid safe game .

The reason you don't seem to see anything happening to those that have been reported over the last 2+ years is because they are SPAMMING F2P accounts just as fast as they get muted.

As for KI using mature ADULT players as Hall Monitors, I don't see a problem with it at all. I have been a witness to many mutings in the last few weeks since this program started and I can guarantee you that none of them were false.

KI does and has used IP bans several times and your comment about implementing this on UNDERAGE accounts is UNWARRANTED and actually SOLVES NOTHING. It is not the UNDERAGE for the most part that are creating the problems with cursing and bad behavior. On the contrary, It is some of the older ones in HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE that have been the worst offenders. My friends and I figured that out when the school term started in August. In many areas of the country, high school and college students start back to school a week before the middle and elementary students do. When that happened there was a DRAMATIC reduction in the amount of cursing and bad behavior in the game.

KI Senior Wizards review all actions taken by the Hall Monitors and then decides if the offender deserves to be further sanctioned. Just because you and a few others seem to think those monitors will abuse those powers, you really need to think about that. Those monitors stand to lose a LOT MORE by abusing it.

I will agree that with the lag in the system right now there is a chance that a player MAY be accidentally muted for 24 hours but that is reall a small price to pay when you look at the bigger picture. The Hall Monitors have been doing an awesome job and I and many others will fully support them.

HALL MONITORS ROCK

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding member WCP

Survivor
May 01, 2011
Right now, I am comfused and a little bit scared because a hall moniter just muted four people in the commons of realm Wu, area one. I don't know what I should do now, and my friend is very scared and confused because she has never experienced this before. Two more people just got muted now, and my friend is even more afraid of what is happening. I would really like it if the staff of Wizard101 will respond, but I appreciate anyone else's efforts.

Thanks, Paige Frostbloom Level 68 Theurgist

Survivor
May 01, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
The reason you don't seem to see anything happening to those that have been reported over the last 2+ years is because they are SPAMMING F2P accounts just as fast as they get muted.

As for KI using mature ADULT players as Hall Monitors, I don't see a problem with it at all. I have been a witness to many mutings in the last few weeks since this program started and I can guarantee you that none of them were false.

KI does and has used IP bans several times and your comment about implementing this on UNDERAGE accounts is UNWARRANTED and actually SOLVES NOTHING. It is not the UNDERAGE for the most part that are creating the problems with cursing and bad behavior. On the contrary, It is some of the older ones in HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE that have been the worst offenders. My friends and I figured that out when the school term started in August. In many areas of the country, high school and college students start back to school a week before the middle and elementary students do. When that happened there was a DRAMATIC reduction in the amount of cursing and bad behavior in the game.

KI Senior Wizards review all actions taken by the Hall Monitors and then decides if the offender deserves to be further sanctioned. Just because you and a few others seem to think those monitors will abuse those powers, you really need to think about that. Those monitors stand to lose a LOT MORE by abusing it.

I will agree that with the lag in the system right now there is a chance that a player MAY be accidentally muted for 24 hours but that is reall a small price to pay when you look at the bigger picture. The Hall Monitors have been doing an awesome job and I and many others will fully support them.

HALL MONITORS ROCK

Fallon WinterLeaf Founding member WCP
I agree with you, goldendragon18, because K.I. chooses the hall moniters and not the other way around. K.I. chooses mature people to be the hall monitors and I support that. This morning, as i said in my last post, there were 10+ people that got muted, and one was warned in the commons, realm wu, area one.

Paige Frostbloom Level 68 Theurgist