Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Show Me The Talents

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I think when pets are hatched that it should show the talents that the pet will acquire when it reaches the necessary level. That way people can decide if they want to continue to devote time,effort,and cash,etc. to that pet. It must be pretty disheartening for a lot of people to get pet to epic and it learns crafty, or some other talent that I would consider useless. :?

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
support! i always hate it when i train it for no reason and get something worthless like agility boost.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
I definitely bump this. I have used hundreds of mega snacks, including level 8's and 9's, to train up pets that are completely useless to me. And yes, they are useless. I would never use them. I have them stashed away in my trunk or I use them as garden art because their skills are completely useless to me in actual battle.

I totally support this.

I think skill training should be totally revamped so that we are not spending so many crowns or gold or massive amounts of time farming mega snakcs for pets with useless skills. And by useless, I mean useless to the wizard and his play style.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
Its a massive money maker. Sorry but +1 Veto for you. :?

I don't think it would adversely affect profits at all. It may actually increase them. As it stands right now, people get frustrated and stop doing the pets over the hidden talents,when they learn a game-breaker. It's possible more people would hatch and participate,if they show the talents. I would certainly hatch more,and I'm guessing others would as well.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
conno365 wrote:
But wouldnt that ruin the surprise?.

True, but I would rather see them,than be surprised with an epic Crafty :?

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
What is this? Family Fued?

Do we have a spritely?

X

Crowd: awww

I personally agree, but it would have to cost a TON of crowns!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
Its a massive money maker. Sorry but +1 Veto for you. :?

I don't think it would adversely affect profits at all. It may actually increase them. As it stands right now, people get frustrated and stop doing the pets over the hidden talents,when they learn a game-breaker. It's possible more people would hatch and participate,if they show the talents. I would certainly hatch more,and I'm guessing others would as well.

Thats why. If people knew what talents they were going to get, they wouldn't use money up on elixirs and use their megas on the pet; except for the one perfect pet. People spend money carelessly on pets that probably will fail - which is what brings in the money. Don't you understand - this is where a huge chunk of the money comes from? C:

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
. Don't you understand - this is where a huge chunk of the money comes from? C:

I understand quite well, I just think your logic is flawed. I see it is a boon,where you see it as a detriment. :)