Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judgement or Chimera?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Which pet should i equip. Judgement or Chimera?I have hardly trained my judge What should i equip?

Cole Dunerunner Archmage Sorcerer Hero of Avalon

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
As a level 76 soceror, I dont equip either. Chimera looks cooler and is a harder pet to earn for balance. But the cards these two pets give aren't the best in my opinion for a balance wizard companion.

The best balance pet companions give a blade or heal spell of some kind. I recommend the beast that compliments your best secondary school spell (example the fire one if you like to use helephant or fireball)...Or go with a pet that has Dragonblade card (like Ianthine Hound, Polar Cat, Alert Hound to name a few).

For pets that give a healing card, go with Samoorai, Defender Pig, or Firewalker (looks like a burning tree). They all have a healing card.

One last pet to consider, the Hollow knight has a great shield card that gives +185 defense per pip. If you equip ice mastery amulet and have full power pips, you can really stay in a fight a long time 7x185=1295 defense, but for power pips 7pp x 185=2590 defense. I'd consider having one of those very highly as a balance wizard...and he is a Must for an ice wizard pet.

-Joseph Icebringer
transcended sorceror

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
aditha12 wrote:
Which pet should i equip. Judgement or Chimera?I have hardly trained my judge What should i equip?

You haven't said their talents and pedigree, you have to give more details.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
aditha12 wrote:

Chimera has selfish talents train your Judge but if you want a awesome pet get the sea dragon or deer knight that just came out. Deer knight because it has a couple of free spaces for talents. Sea dragon because its really good but harder to buy.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
None they both are horrible and are only there for looks. Get a sea dragon if you want a good pet. Or a defender pig.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Judge... If you get good talents on it, use it. Great for pvp because of the 2 random dispels.