Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How can i learn spell proof/defy?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
I have noticed that mostly Ice wizards, their pets always give Spell-Proof and Spell-defy, I always want my pet to learn these talents, but they never do. Is there a certain game I can do to increase my chances of learning them, certain Snacks to feed my pets? I just want to know how these Ice wizards are getting these epic talents.(I also think this is what makes lots of Ice wizards Pvp Warlord these days, so thats another reason I would LOVE to have these talents). :-)

Thank You,
Lvl 80, Myth Archmage:
Dylan Nightblade.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sagemodesasuke wrote:
I have noticed that mostly Ice wizards, their pets always give Spell-Proof and Spell-defy, I always want my pet to learn these talents, but they never do. Is there a certain game I can do to increase my chances of learning them, certain Snacks to feed my pets? I just want to know how these Ice wizards are getting these epic talents.(I also think this is what makes lots of Ice wizards Pvp Warlord these days, so thats another reason I would LOVE to have these talents). :-)

Thank You,
Lvl 80, Myth Archmage:
Dylan Nightblade.

Hey, Dylan~ all skill-sets are predetermined. It doesn't matter what you feed them, or which games you play... the talents your pet ends up with are completely random.

The exception to this is hatching~ if you hatch a Wraith with a Forest Lord (for example), the new pet would inherit talents from both "parent" pets, though which ones you get would still be random.

I am a Balance wizard, but have an Ice pet (Cookie the Starfish was purchased from that guy in Celestia)~ he has pip o'plenty, Spritely, and Spell-Proof so far (hoping for Defy at epic), and he'd be more than happy to hatch with your pet. If you have a w101 Central account, send me a message and I'll have my sorceress meet you in-game.

In the meantime, happy hatching!

El Veeb (also my Central name)
a.k.a. Laura Shadowsong, archmage sorceress

(& Cookie, her pet Starfish)