Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bad pvp rating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get my pvp rating up? My current rating is around 350 and I am a level 80 death. I have waterworks gear but i dont have the time to get a spud pet. I have not tried or start puppeting. Any tips on getting it back up? Sorry if this thread is already taken. Thanks in advance, Kelsey Thunderfountain 80 Death

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Have you tried the Sun school spells for example, Gargantuan in The Floating Land? Or perhaps Colossal, which my friends tell me is in Drum Jungle in Zafaria? Using that on Dr. Von Frank can really lower the opponents health and possibly one shot them if you have the right combination of blades and traps, including Feint after you use a tower.
Also, do you use the Star school spells, Amplify if they have low resist, or Infallible for Accuracy and Armor Pierce? Vengeance for bonus critical?
Also, I've heard some good reviews about the crafted gear in Avalon.
Have you tried other sets or gear besides the Waterworks gear?
Are you going to have high resist? High damage boost? High critical/block rating?

Hope this helps,

Luke Icehammer Level 67 Legendary Thaumaturge PvP Private
Luke Shadowblade Level 11 Initiate Sorcerer PvP Captain

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Try the Death PvP section on Wizard101central. They have a bit of a good strategy for deaths.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
If you doing 1v1, and you notice that you aren't to great at it, you might want to try getting a team. But if you really wanna do 1v1 here are some things as a Death student you may want to try.

1.) Think about what other Death PvPer's do. Especially Warlords, because if what they do gets them up to Warlord, or whatever that rank my be, then obviously it must work. (Oh, and I don't suggest copying their style, if you interpret it that way.)

2.) Here's a strategy for my Death that got him pretty far (Captain). Stack about 3 Death Blades (The same type of blade, so that when you attack, you only use one of them). This is so that you can either Poison them once or twice to remove their shields, then attack with the third (Or second) blade and perhaps a Gargantuaned or Collosal Dr. Von or Skeletal Dragon and lower them down, of course shielding in between, or so that you can save enough pips and attack three times with maybe a DoT and have them all bladed.

3.) Now after you have those blades ready shield up until you're ready to attack. (This means shield, Weakness and Infect them, Aura for either Offense or Defense).

4.) Next simply go by the steps I said at 2.). Also, pets really are useful. Now I'm not gonna lie, I dont have some Mega pet with all those stats and "spud' and such, but even with just spritely and (Storm Proof, I think it was on my Ice) I can keep up on health and have some extra storm resist should I move it over to my Death.

Hope this helped ya! Now go and defeat some Wizards!! Hopefully not me Lolz.