Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP round system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
This is completely unfair, I've played 16 WZ's tonight, and gone second every one of them. How is that fair? How is it possible to beat a balance wizard when they go first? Or ice? I'm myth, and my attacks are easily handled going second, and I can be contained easily, but how is this fair? Can I go first 1 game out of 15? Or is that too much to ask? And another thing, why not make some simple mini game, and the player that wins, can decide to go first or second. That would make things way more fair.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjp wrote:
This is completely unfair, I've played 16 WZ's tonight, and gone second every one of them. How is that fair? How is it possible to beat a balance wizard when they go first? Or ice? I'm myth, and my attacks are easily handled going second, and I can be contained easily, but how is this fair? Can I go first 1 game out of 15? Or is that too much to ask? And another thing, why not make some simple mini game, and the player that wins, can decide to go first or second. That would make things way more fair.

Darthjp,

Here is what I can tell you, of the first 50 matches I had, I went first a total of 9 times. I even use to joke about my bad luck on the boards for a while. After that I started going first a lot more, and at 100 matches, I was or close to 40% going first. As I approached 150 matches, I was at 43%, almost up to a 50% mark, where I should be. The game is random, and the program may not be perfect, but I think it does average out over time.

Joe.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
I agree today I never went first. We should have a bit more control over the turn system. Going first is a major thing in 1v1 or 2v2. KI if you read this thread please take the turn system into consideration. Because of the turn system I lost 50 points in pvp and I only won once out of those matches and got 10 points

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I know it is completely unfair. At that point I would just stop for the day. Seems the next day will be better for you. That's how it seems to work out.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Darthjp wrote:

Welcome to PVP-town. Enjoy your stay.