Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101's Most Powerful School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
In my opinion the best school is Balance, because it not only offers a great deal of health, but also offers a great deal of attacks, especially Hydra. My second favorite schools are probably Death, and Storm, but enough about me I'm wondering what your favorite school is.
Sincerly,
Dillon9988 :D

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
The most powerful school BASED ON BASE DAMAGE is Storm.

My favorite school? Hmm... I love all of them so I'll go in a list

1 Balance. I love how they master all schools, blade all schools, and can heal

2 Storm. They power is phenomenal. It is my main school, and he is Archmage

3 Ice. How can you not love the 5k health, insane resist, and tower shield?

4 Fire. The over time spells are nearly unstoppable.

5 Death. I love the drain spells, and they're a trap happy school

6 Life. With low base damage, and only 2 good attacks, I rank them this low.

7 Myth. The worst school IMHO. 2 AoEs, which aren't good at all. Only good at PvP. (before I am pounded with hate by Myth, just look at your spells)

-Gtafreak101

P.S. This will be my final post, due to my membership ending, I will be back.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
No school is more powerful. It is how you work within the school limits and how you build your wizard. Each school has its own advantages and disadvantages. It is how you adapt to the challanges presented to you.

Sabrina Raventhief (6 Sabrina's of Doomy Doom)

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Yes, Balance is the best school.. and I'm the queen of Dragonspyre (honest!).

My first wizard was a sorcerer, and I had trouble playing her until she was level 60. It takes a specific personality to play Balance well, and I don't have it... but at least I don't lie about it, heh.

My favourite schools, in order:

1. Death
2. Storm
3. Life
4. Balance
5. Ice
6. Fire
7. Myth

Wizards' levels (highest to lowest):

Balance (80)
Death (70)
Storm (52)
Life (34)
Myth (21)
Ice (18)
Fire (15)

I haven't bonded with my Fire or Myth wizards yet, either~ wondering if that will change as they level up, like it did with my Balance wizard.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Dillon9988 wrote:
In my opinion the best school is Balance, because it not only offers a great deal of health, but also offers a great deal of attacks, especially Hydra. My second favorite schools are probably Death, and Storm, but enough about me I'm wondering what your favorite school is.
Sincerly,

Most powerfull in accuracy life most powerfull in damage storm most powerfull in resist ice most powerfull in staying alive and killing the enemy death most powerfull in helping balance and most powerfull in attacks over time while being able to heal is fire

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
pirate8375 wrote:
No school is more powerful. It is how you work within the school limits and how you build your wizard. Each school has its own advantages and disadvantages. It is how you adapt to the challanges presented to you.

I agree. It all depends on how you use the cards you are given. I like Fire School the best. Mainly because it was my first wizard and I understand how to use all the fire schools spells. As long as you use the blades, Traps and shields from each school properly, You can do massive damage with any school. It also helps to have pets who give extra cards or equipment that gives an extra card. My lvl 79 Fire Wizard has a Pheonix pet that occassionally gives a fire blade and fire sheild, I have an amulet that gives me another card and a few other peices of equipment that give additional cards in my deck. I am currently setting up my myth that way. My Forest Beast pet gives me a Life Blade card which works great with my wife who has a life character.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pirate8375 wrote:

Exactly!
Each school has the potential to be extremely powerful. It's how you adapt, what gear you select, and how you play that makes or breaks a wizard. :)

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
pirate8375 wrote:

Exactly!
Each school has the potential to be extremely powerful. It's how you adapt, what gear you select, and how you play that makes or breaks a wizard. :)
It doesn't matter no school is powerful except ice whats the point they are the ultimate school now check out the damage with colossal with mammoth insane resist health is overpowered We have a winner.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
Dillon9988 wrote:
Sincerly,

In my opinion, every school is great! Each school is unique in it's own way and has ups and downs, but if I had to choose my favourite would be Storm.

Before I even played the game I did some research on it. When I saw the schools I said to myself "I want to be Storm!" I took the test to let fate decide for me and turns out I was meant to be Storm.

Storm definatly is difficult to play as and I soloed the game for the most part (I had no friends who played). After many fizzles and boughts of low health I finally got my friends to play and sure enough, they liked it!

Storm has been my favourite school through thick and thin, and I truly am a proud Diviner

-Heather Shadowthorn, glad to be part of Storm :D

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
rebelrenegade1 wrote:
pirate8375 wrote:

I agree. It all depends on how you use the cards you are given. I like Fire School the best. Mainly because it was my first wizard and I understand how to use all the fire schools spells. As long as you use the blades, Traps and shields from each school properly, You can do massive damage with any school. It also helps to have pets who give extra cards or equipment that gives an extra card. My lvl 79 Fire Wizard has a Pheonix pet that occassionally gives a fire blade and fire sheild, I have an amulet that gives me another card and a few other peices of equipment that give additional cards in my deck. I am currently setting up my myth that way. My Forest Beast pet gives me a Life Blade card which works great with my wife who has a life character.

Yes,i hate to say this, but unless you truly know how to block storms damage, they are the best. Well, storm has two weaknesses, low health andlow accuracy. But when they get up to lvl 60 they get a boost of 26 or more accuracy. one weakness cut off. But low heath not a problem when they hardly ever fizzle after lvl 50 but almost never fizzles after lvl 60!
But balance wizards can probably hold the damage and so can ice. There is NOT a best school unless you truly know how to get on woth your wizard.

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
Powerful is relative based on your gear and spells avaiable to your level.

The canned answer is ICE if all other things were equal...they have incredibly strong defense that is unmatched...they can be beat...but that defensive power makes them more powerful then all other school.

Now, every several levels (10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80) for example, there is a bit of an advantage some schools get based on the spells they learn. So you'll see balance wizards stronger than others up until about level 20 and life is more powerful early on too with the heals they have. At about level 30 myth and death is king. About level 40, fire takes over and Storm is definitely rivalling everyone too with the new group damage spell it learns. At levels 50-70 storm and fire are usually the best with the damage they dole out and balance is really good too once RA is learned.

The gear and critical plays a big part of power, so any school can have a powerful wizard as long as there is gear to boost critical rating. By level 70-80 the gear available to ice is just so much better that it overtakes everyone as the schools tend to even out...as they say in football, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS....

and Ice is the best defender, hands down.

-Joseph Icebringer

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
pirate8375 wrote:

Here's the thing if you don't know this storm is the strongest school if you add colossal to storm lord it's 965 plus storm damage. It can hit over 1800 with no blades. Storm may be the strongest school but not the best school.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
Fire is the most powerful school.Go to the fire school and look at the book pedestal.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Im going to say all schools have their ups and downs so you cant give a trophy for the most powerful. But if i were just figuritively speaking after carefull examination of the schools pros an cons................Fire wins always.

To me Fire is the fastest over all accurate damage. This is tested by amount of spells cast in so many rounds.
Fire is the most resourceful with the spells they get, Fire has Nuke-DoT-Heal-Acc debuff-weakness-multi trap-backdraft-AoE DoT-AoE nuke-X spell DoT-Tranqualize-Take power-Steal charm- AoE stun-DoT/HoT -Detonate.
These spells are just some of what makes fire so resourceful. In the end fire is my pick for most powerful school but as i said you cannot give this label out because all have ups an downs.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2012
Balance has have a mix of all the other schools and is the hardest school to master. But ice has a lot of health and resist. Storm has the best attack, but low accuracy and health. Fire is all about attacking. Life is supposed to heal other people so they don't be defeated. Death is good at health draining and attacking. And myth is good at summoning minions. I'm not sure what would be the best school because its your choice.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Dylan WindWielder on Aug 23, 2012 wrote:
Sincerly,
Well the "most powerful school" is none because they all have their weaknesses and strengths don't underestimate any of them Balance is not the most powerful because it has weaknesses too. So plz take time to read this "reasonable answer" (based on facts) and find out the real most "powerful" school is every school.

Sarah LifePetal & Amber Soulgem

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Scarlet Redd on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Well the "most powerful school" is none because they all have their weaknesses and strengths don't underestimate any of them Balance is not the most powerful because it has weaknesses too. So plz take time to read this "reasonable answer" (based on facts) and find out the real most "powerful" school is every school.

Sarah LifePetal & Amber Soulgem
Good thought Bow. I agree.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Balance. For sure.
1. Balance: They can heal themselves and others, they can give different school blades, and balance blades which help all, they can use hexes, and other school traps, they also have a really good health that should help, and their spells hit good normally, and with all of the boosts it can hit really high.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Pirate8375 is right. It doesn't matter which school you have, you can work with the advantages and disavantages. For ex: storm is really strong but myth is pretty good against it. You just have to have good battle strategies.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
i love fire and death i think they rock storm is the lowest health and life not so good with the damage but death has good attack and heal and fire has multiple attack so thats why i think fire and death are the best school btw the other schools soaks!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
skywarrior342 wrote:
It doesn't matter no school is powerful except ice whats the point they are the ultimate school now check out the damage with colossal with mammoth insane resist health is overpowered We have a winner.
I wouldnt say that. I am an archmage ice and i have lost many battles and i am an archmage level 88 ice.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
UltyBoy123 on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Fire is the most powerful school.Go to the fire school and look at the book pedestal.
Go to the ice school and look at its pedestal.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
makarius7 wrote:
I wouldnt say that. I am an archmage ice and i have lost many battles and i am an archmage level 88 ice.
i have lost many pvp battles in pve i am awesome

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
I pick fire. Storm is not the best but does amazing damage. If you are storm, you have WAY less health then others. Ice has quite low damage spells but gets you ALOT more health!