Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is not immune to storm and fire

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I am a fire wizard. I am a warlord. I am archmage. Ice is NOT immune to storm and fire. All you need to do is put a prism up, they shield, use a shatter tc before an attack. So you see, is isnt immune and isnt impossible yo be. :)

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
I am a fire wizard. I am a warlord. I am archmage. Ice is NOT immune to storm and fire. All you need to do is put a prism up, they shield, use a shatter tc before an attack. So you see, is isnt immune and isnt impossible yo be. :)

What if the Ice shields after you shatter and you're second?

- Jason StrongHeart

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

Jason,

A better question would be what if the moon crashed into the earth?
Yes, if the Ice card shows up, and you throw a convert out, you use a small pip spell to remove it. Then start the process over, as needed, and I expect that any fire will have several shatters, I did.

Joe.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
I have faced ice wizards and beaten them but still it takes 50 min plus to beat them and I don't have that kind of time.the turn system is a big thing in 1v1 pvp. I am a fire wizard too and a commander atm and i am sick of seeing ice warlords everywhere, ice got a major boost in pvp and fire and storm need a boost in the next world. Perhaps a pierce boost or massive ice resist ( not immunity but enough to sustain a stack of blades )

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

Can't argue with that logic lol.

Simply there is only one useful counter to ices with immunity and that is convert. Though any good ice wizard would know this and carry the shield opposite of storm and fire. Plus carrying myth dispels never hurts since many spirit schools have a myth mastery for earth.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

Nice thinking. Lets just give up if they throw up a shield, real nice. There is a spell called pierce, and another called shatter. You should try them some day.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

Jason,

Yes, if the Ice card shows up, and you throw a convert out, you use a small pip spell to remove it. Then start the process over, as needed, and I expect that any fire will have several shatters, I did.

Joe.

Oh god the moon is going to crash into the earth. It will be like a super earthquake lol.

Alright now onto business. See I don't have an ice account though I can think of a few things that would work really well for an ice. One I would carry a few myth dispels. Two I would carry shields for the spirit schools and ice. Then lastley I would carry fortify to counter infallible.

All those cards don't hinder an ice in battle when they face other schools besides fire and storm. Unlike fire who now must carry converts for fighting just one school.

My plan of attack as an ice would probably go something like this.

Balefrost, blade, tc blade, infallible. Angel. Then frostbite.

My choice of mastery amulet would be death for sacrifice heals, and doom and gloom.

Now that kinda attack isn't amazing. That was just one example. I would just wear them down with DoT along with bubble waring with balefrost. Then as they run out of bubbles I put up doom for the finisher.

Again this is all theory since I don't have an ice. Tell me what you think. It seems to me that would definetly be a good strategy.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Snowyandspots wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

Jason,

Joe.

Oh god the moon is going to crash into the earth. It will be like a super earthquake lol.

Alright now onto business. See I don't have an ice account though I can think of a few things that would work really well for an ice. One I would carry a few myth dispels. Two I would carry shields for the spirit schools and ice. Then lastley I would carry fortify to counter infallible.

All those cards don't hinder an ice in battle when they face other schools besides fire and storm. Unlike fire who now must carry converts for fighting just one school.

My plan of attack as an ice would probably go something like this.

Balefrost, blade, tc blade, infallible. Angel. Then frostbite.

My choice of mastery amulet would be death for sacrifice heals, and doom and gloom.

Now that kinda attack isn't amazing. That was just one example. I would just wear them down with DoT along with bubble waring with balefrost. Then as they run out of bubbles I put up doom for the finisher.

Again this is all theory since I don't have an ice. Tell me what you think. It seems to me that would definetly be a good strategy.

As pvper you need to think about all schools. You forgot that all DoT spell could be removed but worst thing is when you facing myth school he will shift back all your DoT spells.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Lion359 wrote:
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

Jason,

Joe.

I am only pointing out that the shatter would be a total waste.

- Jason StrongHeart

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
thejordanator wrote:
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

Nice thinking. Lets just give up if they throw up a shield, real nice. There is a spell called pierce, and another called shatter. You should try them some day.

I am aware of those spells, and I used them myself on my Myth Commander.

- Jason StrongHeart

Explorer
Apr 02, 2011
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009

Um, nothing revolutionary, but what if they use shield when you use Shatter? Just saw a Ice Wizard today, with 93% resist to storm and fire. Nobody fire or storm will ever beat him. I mean nobody. Unless his game crashes in the middle of the match. Or he's not smart and runs out of cards.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Darthjp wrote:

Um, nothing revolutionary, but what if they use shield when you use Shatter? Just saw a Ice Wizard today, with 93% resist to storm and fire. Nobody fire or storm will ever beat him. I mean nobody. Unless his game crashes in the middle of the match. Or he's not smart and runs out of cards.

I will take that challenge, I have beaten ice with 100% storm resist...

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
FatesKin wrote:
Darthjp wrote:

I will take that challenge, I have beaten ice with 100% storm resist...

Should have said nobody fire or storm will beat him. I just played that guy, I went first and I won. Myth for the win xD.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
JasonStrongHeart wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
JasonStrongHeart wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

I am aware of those spells, and I used them myself on my Myth Commander.

- Jason StrongHeart

I highly doubt you have managed to get to a commander, and especially on a myth, if you think shields will just completely ruin you.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
star686b wrote:
Why so many ice hatters?

Ice is OP. Nuff said.