Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opinions on Crafting Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I'm been going all-out on Crafting on my Balance wizard. Before the release of Zafaria, crafting got you some of the best gear in the game (the crafting vendor in Sudrilund), second only to the Waterworks drops. Players who hav the patience to reach the higher ranks of crafting are rewarded with unique furniture, powerful gear, and Treasure Cards. So, when KI announced that permanent spells could be crafted by Legendary Artisans (sold by Toshio), I naturally went to Mooshu to check them out. I have to say, however, I was a bit saddened by Toshio's options. I was expecting something worthwhile and unique, but all I found was a plain Rank 5 spell for Balance, Life, and Myth with an over-the-top recipe. So, what are your opinions on Toshio's new spells? And those of you who may have crafted them (I tip my imaginary hat to you), have you found a worthwhile use for these spells?

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
My deer knight spell has helped me in every situation except for when i am going against death bosses because i am not going to put 4 converts on him. It has given me amazing bragging rights to my friends lol and it's pretty strong.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
There is no use for spells other than bragging.
deer knight is lacking of heal back unlike scarecrow that will heal me back each fight.

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
I like the variety...and the fact that they dont cost spell points...and that you can learn any school spells. It just keeps the game interesting.

I have deer knight and catalan now...they help me because Balance is my school...and I can use other school attack spells to supplant my own without needing to burn up experience points to get to a powerful spell.

That is the true benefit...learning more variety..and if you use a mastery amulet, all the more power to you. This is a good goal for wizards to achieve if they have beat the game or get bored with questing...as long as they invest the time to gain gold, garden, and shop at bazaar for the needed reagents...learning one spell is hardly worth the effort and time...

But, if you are nuts for W101 like me, you really don't care about the difficulty, you just work as hard as you can to get the goal done...and you enjoy the game more after you finish that spell and help others achieve it to...because It is possible :)

Happy Learning
-Joseph Icebringer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
The ones in test realm and the ones like deer knight are good... Toshio's I farmed for, just to tick one of my friends off. We have a good thing going. LOL. By the way these spells have been out for a little bit of time now; so I wouldn't call them new.

@Open I wouldn't put it that way... That comes off a little rude. I see deer knight as helpful... It does MUCH more than scarecrow with colossal. (It actually gets boosted the full 275 instead of 138 like scarecrow) And please don't put it as No use...

Brimstone Revenant (Or something like that) - 440 Fire damage to one enemy for 4 pips That's quite effective for spell spamming in 1v1, and 2v2 even!
I like it alot! Also the animations for all the spells are cool

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
The ones in test realm and the ones like deer knight are good... Toshio's I farmed for, just to tick one of my friends off. We have a good thing going. LOL. By the way these spells have been out for a little bit of time now; so I wouldn't call them new.

@Open I wouldn't put it that way... That comes off a little rude. I see deer knight as helpful... It does MUCH more than scarecrow with colossal. (It actually gets boosted the full 275 instead of 138 like scarecrow) And please don't put it as No use...

Brimstone Revenant (Or something like that) - 440 Fire damage to one enemy for 4 pips That's quite effective for spell spamming in 1v1, and 2v2 even!

Aww you again trying to defend the spell you worked so hard to get, wasting days, weeks, months? When you realized that it useless but you can't admit it. How do you feel as death wizard school to finish your fight with low health? Isn't it great? My little death wizard can kill in ZF all minions with scarecrow within 2 turns and get all heath back. Keep convincing yourself that your wasted time wasn't for nothing.
Damage is not everything.
As I said before you like to brag and joke on upset people so its probably fits you the best.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
open33 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

Aww you again trying to defend the spell you worked so hard to get, wasting days, weeks, months? When you realized that it useless but you can't admit it. How do you feel as death wizard school to finish your fight with low health? Isn't it great? My little death wizard can kill in ZF all minions with scarecrow within 2 turns and get all heath back. Keep convincing yourself that your wasted time wasn't for nothing.
As I said before you like to brag and joke on upset people so its probably fits you the best.

That was rather rude. He worked hard to get it. I give him his props. And not try to insult him through a message forum.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
I actually think Deer Knight was one of the better spells they did (not including what is in test now.) I do not pack only drain spells in my death deck. You slap a colossal on Deer Knight, and you have a pretty nice 5 pip AoE DoT - 100 points more than Poison, and you are hitting all enemies, for just 1 pip more than poison.

And depending on where I am fighting, I don't always end with a drain spell- is it really so tragic to go to the sidewalk for a whisp to get your health back if you just fighting mobs?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
open33 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

How rude can you be? I haven't fully crafted it yet - my luck is not in my favor. I have 11 amber, and have been 1 amber short for over 2 weeks now. >.>
See - Just because you don't like me, you think its okay to tell me "As I said before you like to brag and joke on upset people so its probably fits you the best" and "Aww you again trying to defend the spell you worked so hard to get, wasting days, weeks, months? When you realized that it useless but you can't admit it." You are one rude cookie. Who taught you your manners? And before you start flaming me again - You started it this time, and you still have never found a quote where I have been rude xD

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:

How rude can you be? I haven't fully crafted it yet - my luck is not in my favor. I have 11 amber, and have been 1 amber short for over 2 weeks now. >.>
See - Just because you don't like me, you think its okay to tell me "As I said before you like to brag and joke on upset people so its probably fits you the best" and "Aww you again trying to defend the spell you worked so hard to get, wasting days, weeks, months? When you realized that it useless but you can't admit it." You are one rude cookie. Who taught you your manners? And before you start flaming me again - You started it this time, and you still have never found a quote where I have been rude xD

Don't repeat yourself you already said i rude in your first response. I ignoring your poor tries to discredit my opinion.
You obviously can't proof the real use of crafting spells besides brag use.
Anything else? I guess no. You have absolutely nothing to say about crafting spell use. So I was right all the way, the crafting spells are complete waste of time. Yes, I know it hurts to realize that in such a late stage. That is why you seems so mad each time people wonder why we need crafting spells and why they are so expensive. That is why you eager to attack them instead of their opinions.
I know its hard to admit the true, that so much done for nothing.