Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frostbranch [Austrilund]

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Okay, so firstly lol I LOATHE that guy :D
Lol I'm pretty sure everyone does though :P

Secondly, he's ridiculously hard. It took three tries for me to kill him. One by myself (he was so close to dying but ended up killing me); the second with another friend (that was a huge fail :P) and the last with a level 49 Life Guy who popped in accidentally causing me to have to battle Frostbranch plus his 3 minions because others ported to him (His friends were also lvl 40-49 Masters).

I didn't really do anything special to kill him and no one really has to. The main thing you need to do once in battle is earn that Mark of Courage by hitting him quickly because once you have that, the battle shouldn't be so hard.

My deck consisted of:
Monstrous & Amplifiers
Fairies & Sacrifices (Healing cards are a MUST if you wish to survive)
Banshees, Wraiths & Bone Dragons
Death Blades, Traps & Feints
& Reshuffle (Didn't even have to use it)
Sideboard: 6 Major Blitz, 1 Tower Shield & a Balance Blade

Treasure Cards:
2 Unstoppable & 1 Vengeance (Didn't use)
1 Gargantuan (Which I used for the first BD)

Health: 2,940
Mana: 410
Damage: 19% (Death only)
Resistance: Death-53% & Ice-11%
Accuracy: 6% (Death only)
Critical: 40 for all (Happened only once for him with my blitz)
Block: Death-146 & Ice-83
Power Pips: 67%
Healing: In-9% & Out-15%
Sebastian (my Fierce Hound dog) was able to heal me with a Spritely. (Only happened once so not much of a help)

How he hits:
2 Smoke Screens right away for everyone
5 Rounds later, an Efreet is cast (Only for those who don't have the MoC) which is followed immediately by an Earthquake for everyone which then leads to 2 Smoke Screens for everyone.
The cycle begins again.
And when those aren't happening: he hits with Ice Wyverns, Icezillas & Ice Krakens; shields with Tower Shields; powers up with Ice blades & Critical hits.

My strategy was:
Use Banshee to get MoC and it worked on the second try.
After that I made sure to use Feint to trap him. My power pips came fast so I hit him with:
Bone Dragon + Gargantuan + 40% + 70% + 30% - 50% (Tower Shield).
I did this before he cast the Earthquake and managed to get him down to just above 3500+ I believe.
I hit him with whatever I could afterwards, earning at least 4 more MoC.
After we finally killed him (Killed by a Centaur), we had to deal with his minions which was beyond hard for me since I had no converts whatsoever but after a lot of healing cards and hitting, they finally died leaving me with just 724 Health (Wraith helped).

Wards for yourself are basically useless since the Earthquake as well as Minions use them up.

So for those who have trouble, don't give up if you fail a couple of times. Learn from your mistakes because that's what I did the first two tries.
Frostbranch is definitely not easy but also not impossible.

Good luck to everyone out there! :D

-Scarlet Rosethorn, level 58 GM Necromancer.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Alywizard01 wrote:
Okay, so firstly lol I LOATHE that guy :D
Lol I'm pretty sure everyone does though :P

Secondly, he's ridiculously hard. It took three tries for me to kill him. One by myself (he was so close to dying but ended up killing me); the second with another friend (that was a huge fail :P) and the last with a level 49 Life Guy who popped in accidentally causing me to have to battle Frostbranch plus his 3 minions because others ported to him (His friends were also lvl 40-49 Masters).

I didn't really do anything special to kill him and no one really has to. The main thing you need to do once in battle is earn that Mark of Courage by hitting him quickly because once you have that, the battle shouldn't be so hard.

My deck consisted of:
Monstrous & Amplifiers
Fairies & Sacrifices (Healing cards are a MUST if you wish to survive)
Banshees, Wraiths & Bone Dragons
Death Blades, Traps & Feints
& Reshuffle (Didn't even have to use it)
Sideboard: 6 Major Blitz, 1 Tower Shield & a Balance Blade

Treasure Cards:
2 Unstoppable & 1 Vengeance (Didn't use)
1 Gargantuan (Which I used for the first BD)

Health: 2,940
Mana: 410
Damage: 19% (Death only)
Resistance: Death-53% & Ice-11%
Accuracy: 6% (Death only)
Critical: 40 for all (Happened only once for him with my blitz)
Block: Death-146 & Ice-83
Power Pips: 67%
Healing: In-9% & Out-15%
Sebastian (my Fierce Hound dog) was able to heal me with a Spritely. (Only happened once so not much of a help)

How he hits:
2 Smoke Screens right away for everyone
5 Rounds later, an Efreet is cast (Only for those who don't have Efreets) which is followed immediately by an Earthquake for everyone which then leads to 2 Smoke Screens for everyone.
The cycle begins again.
And when those aren't happening: he hits with Ice Wyverns, Icezillas & Ice Krakens; shields with Tower Shields; powers up with Ice blades & Critical hits.

My strategy was:
Use Banshee to get MoC and it worked on the second try.
After that I made sure to use Feint to trap him. My power pips came fast so I hit him with:
Bone Dragon + Gargantuan + 40% + 70% + 30% - 50% (Tower Shield).
I did this before he cast the Earthquake and managed to get him down to just above 3500+ I believe.
I hit him with whatever I could afterwards, earning at least 4 more MoC.
After we finally killed him (Killed by a Centaur), we had to deal with his minions which was beyond hard for me since I had no converts whatsoever but after a lot of healing cards and hitting, they finally died leaving me with just 724 Health (Wraith helped).

Wards for yourself are basically useless since the Earthquake as well as Minions use them up.

So for those who have trouble, don't give up if you fail a couple of times. Learn from your mistakes because that's what I did the first two tries.
Frostbranch is definitely not easy but also not impossible.

Good luck to everyone out there! :D

-Scarlet Rosethorn, level 58 GM Necromancer.

Nice information! Though, this is why I never do (or did) side quests in WT. Most of them cheated, and Nordrilund was enough for me, LOL.

-Gtafreak101