Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who shall attack first?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
This will be for PvP only.

Many people try to dance, hold tab, click their screen, do anything to go first. Some people complain, not some, many people. So my idea is to answer a question? A question? What question, a math question? 1x1=1 Of course, not!

Answer a W101 Trivia Question! Not easy ones like what school is Cyrus Drake, no no! I mean challenging questions such as... Where do you fight Lady Blackhope? A. Unicorn Way B. Dragonspyre C. Golem Tower or D. Olde Town.

Those kind of questions are for the older wizards who may have forgotten that long ago. The question will have a 20 second timer. Whoever answers first will go first. However, some questions may repeat, but this is just my 2 cents...

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
SantaIceBurg wrote:
This will be for PvP only.

Many people try to dance, hold tab, click their screen, do anything to go first. Some people complain, not some, many people. So my idea is to answer a question? A question? What question, a math question? 1x1=1 Of course, not!

Answer a W101 Trivia Question! Not easy ones like what school is Cyrus Drake, no no! I mean challenging questions such as... Where do you fight Lady Blackhope? A. Unicorn Way B. Dragonspyre C. Golem Tower or D. Olde Town.

Those kind of questions are for the older wizards who may have forgotten that long ago. The question will have a 20 second timer. Whoever answers first will go first. However, some questions may repeat, but this is just my 2 cents...

how in what way is this a idea or something
maybe a mod could move this?

also remember posts here have a delay of 12-24 hours
so this post wont exactly work out
also remember most legends have lower chars
answer to the question is
A unicorn way

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
The best solution to the 'going first problem' was suggested months ago by a user named Elvenlith (I'm sure I spelled that username wrong, hard to remember from so long ago, I apologize)

What this person suggested is is a chess style turn based system. 

-first player starts and casts whatever
-20 sec timer to follow
-second player chooses and casts
-20 sec timer
-and so on..

I loved this idea, as it completely removes any first turn advantage. 

When the first person casts a shield, for example, it will give the second person a chance to decide what to do, rather than having their spell slam into the shield. 

I hope if that user is reading this, that they repost that awesome idea. 
I probably can't articulate it as well as they could. 

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I like this idea, but maybe something tough like: How many Dmg over time spells does fire have? then if both answer wrong it keeps going on until someone answers it right.