Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life needs another minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:
So what about Storm, Ice, Fire, Death, and Balance? We don't get minions? Life is super special? Just saying.

-Gtafreak101

Yea you do Balance gets for. But life minion is weak and heals low amounts of health.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
sebio101 wrote:
gtafreak101 wrote:
So what about Storm, Ice, Fire, Death, and Balance? We don't get minions? Life is super special? Just saying.

-Gtafreak101

Yea you do Balance gets for. But life minion is weak and heals low amounts of health.

Life minion can cast Satyr. Your point is disproved by a little bit. (About another 460 health I'd say. ;))

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Sprite seems very useful. Compared to my storm minion, its the storm owl. Mine will only use taunt, cast sprites on its self (and very rarely me) and cast shields on its self (and also very rarely me). Useless in pvp and often doesn't even use taunt at all in battles. Its just a selfish jerk. You got an attacking minion, be happy with it.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
We're so special because we only get 1-2 healing spells each. Storm's minion is useless, Fire's is so last year, Balance is only good as a low level, and Ice's gets killed easy too. Be grateful you have a minion that heals you. Be grateful you get yours at a lvl 18. Be grateful you have at least 10 healing spells. You don't need another minion.

And BTW, 10,000 health and casts GS? Are you freaking serious?

-Gtafreak101
Wow. Agreed 100%.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
The life minion is arguably "weak", but it knows unicorn and satyr and various other healing spells, making it very helpful at times. The storm minion is probably the worst. No attacks, and it really only shields itself, and then sometimes taunts. If anything, everyone should get a new minion (excluding myth for obvious reasons), not just life.

By the way; 10,000 health, resists everything by 30%, casts GS? No. Just, no, guys.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Life's minion is way better than the storm's minion.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
I have got an idea for a life minion:
Name: Eythara
Species: Dryad
Health: 2000
Spells: Life ire, Natures wrath, centaur, Satyr, rebirth, unicorn, leprechaun, meteor strike, colossus, banshee, life blade, life trap, sanctuary, death shield.
This creature has 50 life critical rating, 20% outgoing healing, and 50% death boost and 80% life resist.

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
All of the minions really suck. I appreciate the way that KI has tried to improve them, but they are just not useful, any of them.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Darkwillow Rushidi on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
All of the minions really suck. I appreciate the way that KI has tried to improve them, but they are just not useful, any of them.
You are right. If anything, the minions we are given as young wizards should be able to rank up with new spells as we level our wizards.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
yea i also think it would be a cool idea if all schools got another minion at aa certain level.
say, better versions of the ones they already have.
like life.
the sprite minion is very annoying when questing cause it takes away all your traps with stupid spells like imp or leprechaun.
in PvP its good as healer and shield remover but still focuses way too much on attacking instead of healing.
here is an idea of a new life minion.

Seraph (or any other species) Minion.
health: 700-900
casts: Sprite, Unicorn, Fairy, Satyr, Guiding light, Brilliant light,mend.
pip cost: 5-6

this is a minion a lot of people will probaply use.

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
You are right. If anything, the minions we are given as young wizards should be able to rank up with new spells as we level our wizards.
Wow! Thank you! I have never been quoted before! (You can tell how excited I am because I'm using exclamation points, which I usually classify as immature and cheap substitutes for good writing.)

Actually, though, just yesterday my storm minion taunted this evil storm boss with all this resistance and deflected this Stormzilla from me, so I shall have to rescind my ultimatum.

Thank you for quoting me! (Another exclamation point.)

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
MirandaSkyWhisper1 on Aug 15, 2012 wrote:
The only minion we have is that sprite minion that can get killed easily. We shouldn't have to pay crowns for another minion. The sprite minion pretty much heals itself/you. Whats the point of having a minion that can do the same as you, just a lower rank?

My idea of a minion: Tree minion

What it looks like: A tall treant

What spells it knows: Spirit shields, Satyr, Natural attack (350) Sprite, Absorb, and maybe if your really lucky, it could cast a forest lord.

Health:1000-1500

Life deserves another minion than the one we get in like wizard city D:
YES! YES!
Finally someone is knocking some sense into the world of Wizard101!
I completely 1000000000000000000000% agree with you! My life is archmage (80) and i've never used that wimpy sprite minion because it's just a big waste of pips.
Your idea isn't bad at all but maybe more spells for it to cast? maybe?
But overall, this is an amazing idea I think KingsIsle should take into consideration, real soon!

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
The only minion we have is that sprite minion that can get killed easily. We shouldn't have to pay crowns for another minion. The sprite minion pretty much heals itself/you. Whats the point of having a minion that can do the same as you, just a lower rank?

What spells it knows: Spirit shields, Satyr, Natural attack (350) Sprite, Absorb, and maybe if your really lucky, it could cast a forest lord.

If Life and other schools were to get more minions then what would happen to Myth. Myth is suppose to have the best and minions if every school got another minion Myth would look bad so if the creators give every school another minion Myth should get better spells to interact with minions and 2 more minions that's completly fair but if any Wizards have a better idea i'm all ears.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Every school besides myth and death need a minion.Myth does not cause it gots a lot of them.Death cause our minion's health depends on our pips and we lose all our pips.Plus our minions can cast von's monster is you are lucky enough.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
So....Life gets a new minion, and the other schools don't. Makes perfect sense :P

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
ok ever since the update everyone gets a new minion at lvl 75 and they are very useful

so new minions are good now so you guys happy gets onegets onegets onegets one gets one ( i know you guys say myth can't have another minion but they are minion kings) gets on you happy now gets one

so you guys should be happy now

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
It really does need a new one but i think that it can look like a satyr instead of a treant.

Joseph Icestalker
Joseph Pixietamer
Caroline Deathmancer
Caroline Ironvault

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
Lerouxske13 on Aug 15, 2012 wrote:
Okay i am gonna have to agreee. Life really does need another minion. Ice- your colossus minion is freaking way better then our sprite okay. storm ive never actaully seen storm summon their minion. Also fire most people wont summon the fire minion. also, Storm ice and fire, have more than one attack that hits everyone, Life only has one. What is so special about storm ice and fire that lets you guys have that. If you guys can have that why cant we have another minion. Myth has more then one minion, death can summon many different types of minions even though its just the same card.
You've never seen a storm wiz cast a minion because they're selfish and just use spiritedly on themselves and shield themselves. I don't know if it is even possible for them to heal you.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Go Avalon and be a level 75. Then you get a quest for a badger. Everyone literally just got a new minion. I agree 624711. You spoke the truth.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

This is insane. Give storm a better minion, this, is just getting crazy. Storm's minion, actually has a problem (which is only casting shields and sprite on themselves, at full health!).

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
life also needs to get a spell that removes all infections (and other negative healing charms) from self

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Wizgamer105 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
This is insane. Give storm a better minion, this, is just getting crazy. Storm's minion, actually has a problem (which is only casting shields and sprite on themselves, at full health!).
the point of storm minion is shielding and healing its self while casting taunts to draw the enemies attacks while keeping you alive in battles however i think storm could use a newer version for higher levels and this time one that uses taunts that actually draw focus onto self

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Scarlet Nightdreamer wrote:
Life minion can cast Satyr. Your point is disproved by a little bit. (About another 460 health I'd say. ;))
i have had that minion for around a year and satyr never seen that happen

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Blake the balance on Aug 18, 2012 wrote:
My answer deal with it like the rest of the schools O:
I agree with Blake. I'm a life wizard and I have no issue with the sprite. I still use it, even in Dragonspyre. I find that bosses tend to ignore it and its healing abilities are extremely helpful. The only time it ever dies is when the enemy casts an AoE spell. So, coming from a life wizard, I don't think we need another minion.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012

Um, I do know this was a year ago, now we do have new minions. But, at this time of the year, it would of made life's minion better than myths, and the myth school is all about MINIONS! So life would get a better minion than myth, and better healing spells, and better health, and better everything but one thing, attacking spells. So that would of made it unfair to myth.And you need a better minion? Storm's minion couldn't even attack! I like my life minion, I used it to DS. Life is about healing, myth is about MINIONS, not life. And forest lord, really!?! Talos couldn't even use earthquake. I'm so glad KI didn't do this.