Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Counterweight west seems a bit difficult

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
My wizard is a level 28 balance wizard.

I've been stuck on counterweight west for a while, it's either I'm underleveled, or it's too difficult. I've noticed that bellows' health is 2,000 and Meowiarty's is 2,500.

It seems to me that counterweight west is a bit overpowered, or I'm just not powerful enough. I'm itching to get to MooShu, but counterweight west is a bit too difficult.

I might beat it soon, but still, I would like to have some suggestions. I'll post when I beat it.

Any suggestions? Please tell me if you have any.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
It is bad but you haven't touched big ben yet. Meowarity may be 2000 health but he is after 14 floors of fights (15 if you do crusher). Just saying it's to get you prepared for big ben. Either have minions or get a friend.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I know! This is ridiculous! 2,000 health? This Bellows is way too hard. I'm in your exact same position.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I'm in the same place. Bellows has defeated me 3 times. I've rearranged my deck 3 times. My hit spells come up and my shields don't. My shields come up but my health won't. And I really hate it when I can't cast right after I choose. Those guys have time to put blades on me and ruin the whole thing. I guess I'm gonna have to go load up on treasure cards before I go in there. After that I'll just sit back and worry about what to do in Big Ben. It's hard! Right now I'm gonna go read.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
i agree. i was trying to do the dungeon by myself on my balance wizard (who was lvl 35 at that time) and i died on the floor right before bellows :( my wizard also had almost 2000 health! i summoned my minion but i still died. i soloed counterweight east with no problem. i think counterweight west is a tad too hard. luckily i found someone to help me with it. i suggest you do some side quests so you can level up to at least lvl 30 and try to get the best gear possible. also treasure cards may be useful. but if you are still having troubles try asking people if they can help.
Good Luck!!!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
I like to solo but I've tried this tower 4 times solo and every time I get to the top I fizzle on my bladed storm shark to take out his first minion and by next turn they'r shielded and attacking and long story short I die.It should not have that number of enemies when only 1 person is in the instance especially at the levels we are at in MB.I'm gonna try a treasure card colossal w/tempest and hope I can get my pips high enough to overpower shields then if I'm lucky I can take out the minions.If that fails I have to wait around for a friend or just loiter in the museum and try to get in with someone.You should be able to play the game solo if that is what you want but realistically I don't see any way to do it here unless you are a much higher level.

*If anyone has soloed it and has some tips please share,the wizard101central guide isn't much help in this case.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
Actually never mind,soloed counterweight west last night and Big Ben tonight.While Big Ben is obviously longer I didn't have any problem with it.I think my problem with CW west was all the balance attacks because I trained life first as my secondary(main school is storm) so have no shield to block them.Loaded sideboard with tower shields and was no problem.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
rhamnales wrote:
Actually never mind,soloed counterweight west last night and Big Ben tonight.While Big Ben is obviously longer I didn't have any problem with it.I think my problem with CW west was all the balance attacks because I trained life first as my secondary(main school is storm) so have no shield to block them.Loaded sideboard with tower shields and was no problem.

Good for you! :)
I came to late to help...but I've soloed both counterweights and Big Ben several times as well. It just takes planning, like you did. :)

Defender
May 24, 2012
I finally conquered it and Big Ben but not the first time. I guess you already read that. First time through MB I only did the storyline and I was not strong enough for CW or Big Ben. I went back through MB and did all the side quests, leveled up 2 levels, bought some gear that gives me pips to start the duel and percentage boosts on my secondary spells, and stocked up on Treasure cards. I found that the longer I stand there the more likely I am to lose.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
Both of the counterweights are easy and can be soloed IF you bring three potions! You may not need them, but I've found that it's better safe than sorry. (I know a lot of people don't like filling them. I would, though, because they're very useful.)

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
yea i think you are right i was lvl 30 (if i remember good) i did counterweight east but when it was turn for counterweight west the first time i died.
I found a solution to that bring friends that are somewhat almost the same lvl, bring at least two, i did my next time with me and two other friends and i lost a lot of health but still won :D