Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sir Agravaine impossible to beat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2010
he starts out with 5 power pips! hits with storm lord first or second round- I have died 5 times on my balance trying to defeat this boss . I feel that it needs to be lowered so that wizards at least stand a fighting chance against him to get their level 72 spell. I have tried everything thus far from shielding, to even trying to wear him down little by little then he hits with wild bolt and i am defeated every time. :?

Survivor
May 09, 2012
How did you get the quest in the first place, the Friar won't even talk to me but it says I have all the required prequests.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Christie67 wrote:
he starts out with 5 power pips! hits with storm lord first or second round- I have died 5 times on my balance trying to defeat this boss . I feel that it needs to be lowered so that wizards at least stand a fighting chance against him to get their level 72 spell. I have tried everything thus far from shielding, to even trying to wear him down little by little then he hits with wild bolt and i am defeated every time. :?

Hire a level 50 life henchman to keep you alive. Stock storm shields in your side deck. That was the stategy I used.

Ronan Skullhunter Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
May 13, 2010
@igor2340 No crowns so I have to rely on my pet and minions.
@budsmoka Are you level 72 if not you won't get the quest.

Still trying though to defeat this boss

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I feel your pain. I am a lvl 74 myth and I can't beat him either. I have tried 5 times now and cannot do it. I do not know what else to do. I should have some sort of fighting chance being myth and all, but I have nada. I do not know what the creators of this game were thinking of when they created this world. Most of it has to be double teamed or at minimum you need crowns to buy henchmen. This is rediculous. Come on KI! You have to do something to give us a fighting chance at least. Even if you switch the minion to death.

Please do something. I and many others are really frustated with this world in general. I do not have the money to afford crowns or even have friends that can really help me. I know a guy who refuses to even try anymore for the epic spells. They are just too hard, This is point blank. It is getting to the point where the game is no longer fun. It gets so frustrating that i get off the game so angry i have to go do something else to calm down. This is sad because I originally started playing as a tension release.

At any rate, does anyone have any suggetions on how to beat this guy? My wizard is Myth with a secondary Storm (I know. I messed up here.) All i have for protection is the storm shields from my necklace and the life shields from the myth shields spell. I am all ears on how to beat him.

I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this guy. I did awesome against the oni to get to avalon. Oh yeah, he didnt start with 6 power pips, and wasn't programmed to be cheap! I am so frustrated and angry I could spit. I really have about had it with this game.

I know some players are going to say just quit already, and yes, the thought has crossed my mind. However, when/if I quit, I will be getting my prorated yearly subscription back. I am serious about that too. So please, no "smart" answers.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Did it on my first try on my Storm, no crowns, no healing pet, just good ol' Hand-Chased Box of Thunder.

Get some shields in your sideboard and Spam then when he gets a few pips.

-Gtafreak101

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I beaten him but only because am balance i can stack up elemental shields and heal with availing hands, etc. Plus if you dont have full waterworks gear or you dont have crafted gear, your gonna have some trouble.

Connor goldenflame Balance Transcended level 75

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
You might try increasing your storm resist with gear. How about try the Rain Dance Mask and the Bolt Trimmed Tunic? 54% storm resist just those 2 alone. :) Training colossal also helps. ;)

Good luck to all of you!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Christie67 wrote:

I am balance also, archmage, and it took me forever to get the last two spells, to beat Sir agrivane it helps if you go first(even though you cant control that) it also helps to have a starter deck, i know this sounds sooooo stupid but it works, pack the deck with our healing spell availing hands also put elemental shield and if you have it tower shield then put a reshuffle and ra or judgement now the blades are more tricky you need one of each blade we have(bladestorm, balance blade) for traps put hex there is an amulet that gives you a better balance blade and a better hex, if you can get it it helps. Ok for stratagy just keep shielding, bladeong traping and reshuffling until you get pips for ra then ra with all blades and each of the hex's on each enemy if your lucky minion go bye, bye. Now just do the same thing except plan for a judgment and full pip attack him it should bring him down to less then 3,000 health so just judge again but not full pip about five should do if you have all the blades and traps, also when i say pip i mean power pip and dont forget to heal too and sheild whenever you can if you go first shield right away also a pet with healing helps if you got the brave hound he gets it at teen automatically hope this helps, if you need help with getting the other spell create a thread specificly saying you need help with last balance spell, i check every day when i can so i will see it
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Survivor
May 13, 2010
#1 Sideboard packed with storm shields
#2 Gear is ww hat and boots robe is the big five robe has resist 16% across board and 155 block for storm, so gear I feel is ok
@ conno365 I have my elemental packed as well as Availing hands
And I am balance lvl 73
@ Grim2626 :) Thank you I will try that as well.

I am about to give up completely but once I start questing in Avalon again I see that quest and think maybe I will try once more. If I don't win, I wait a few days so that I don't too aggravated and give up completely.
I will keep everyone posted :) Thank you all for the information you have given and all is greatly appreciated. Have a great day and happy questing

~ Cheyenne lvl 73 Balance ~

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
I beat most of the bosses in Avalon without having to shield. Since I am death I just blade then drain. Got to love death.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
CheyenneBalance on Aug 11, 2012 wrote:
I beat agravaine. here is the key. first collect two or one talos treasure cards and as many storm shield from argelston in the library. equip all of the treasure cards in your deck. first send out a minion as soon as possible. use a multi spell to damage the boss while taking out his minion. keep discarding a putting storm shields on you while slowly wearing him. Every time hits the most he can do is 200 damage. once you get the talos send him out. Agravaine hardly uses multi and will only focus on you. The talos does 700 damage attacks since he is myth. while he is killing agravaine for you. you just lay low and put storm shields on you. Every now and then you can save up for a big attack. Eventually he will die. I am a balance so he was hard but once I found a strategy I totally killed him. I ended with over 2000 health. good luck guys.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
CheyenneBalance on Aug 11, 2012 wrote:
He's not impossible. In fact, its possible to do it without any henchman or mastery amulet. First thing you should do, go to bazaar, buy storm shield, volcanic shield, glacial shield, elemental shield, and dissipate (storm dispel) treasure cards. Arrange your sideboard in any way you want (storm shield and dissipate recommended first) Make sure that you have at least 2 polymorph treant cards in your spell deck if you do not have a life mastery amulet. If you do have a mastery amulet for life, put heals in your deck. Your ready for battle. First, put a few storm shield cards on yourself (how many, you decide. As long as it's good enough to keep you alive for a few rounds). I forgot if this guy has a minion or not. If he does, kill him with a few blades/traps and a single-attack. If your health gets low, since this guy can take down most of your health in one hit (unless your ice), heal, or polymorph then heal. Heal yourself until you are full health. Then shield, blade, trap, attack. repeat this process until he dies. happy questing

Wolf SilverSpear - Transcendent Pyromancer

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
budsmoka on Aug 15, 2012 wrote:
How did you get the quest in the first place, the Friar won't even talk to me but it says I have all the required prequests.
Oh, have you did the quest "the runedown" for your level 55 spell yet? If not, talk to Erik Wyrdrune in Northguard. That,s the pre-quest for "no pain, no agravaine" quest. If Erik Wyrdrune won't talk to you, then you have to beat sudrilund in wintertusk and get your level 35 spell before you can get your level 55 spell. Then you can get sir agravaine. There is also a level 75 spell quest, which requires you to beat sir agravaine before you can get that quest. Happy Questing

Wolf SilverSpear - Lvl 78 Pyromancer

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I am a level 80 ice. I beat him when I were level 72. I killed the minion first, and used a lot of tower shields. (If you not are ice you can always get tc). I killed Sir Agravaine with two mammoths and one snow angel. The angel was to kill minion, but also take some damage the boss.

I had a lot of charms and traps and shields on my deck. I also used a X absorb ice spell.

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage Thaumaturge
Currently outside Keep of Ganelon waiting for people

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
budsmoka on Aug 15, 2012 wrote:
What happened to me was, I did not get any quests from Friar Nolan, but as I progressed through avalon, as soon as I got my first main quest from Friar, I also recieved my spell quest.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I am also a balance wizard, Sir Agravaine is not impossible to beat. I think he was a good difficulty to beat to get your spell. The boss to get the level 75 spell is 3 and a half times harder. Watch out! I think there is nothing wrong with Agravaine.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
At first i was like "Oh NO! Storm!" I am a storm, and all you stormies know out their Storm vs Storm equals a fast defeat….. We storms have low health and high damage, so the boss deals high damage to someone with low health. I was finally able to defeat him by limiting my deck and getting the highest resist gear I could find in the bazaar. (check cl robes :) ) With a 68% storm resist, and my storm shields, I was all good to go.

Good Luck to you,

Keira Dreamleaf

P.S. I never use that spell anyway, I'd wait until you get to 75 and need it to get the next one, the boss will be easier then.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Snowyandspots on Aug 31, 2012 wrote:
I beat most of the bosses in Avalon without having to shield. Since I am death I just blade then drain. Got to love death.
Same here. No henchmen. No crown stuff. No healing pet. Just blade, trap and feint my way through.

Almost nothing in Avalon can survive two stacking feints, misc blades and traps followed with Colossal Dr. Von even without a critical. Three stacking feints is just... well...crazy! (but fun).

I am so glad I chose Death School.