Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New PvE option

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
So me and my friend were trying to do the quest "Save the Drakes" and we were almost done with this quest when someone just decided to join our battle. Now this made my friend super mad and it also made me mad, because we were almost done with the battle. And so on my friend was really upset. So to my option for PvE so it's basically like the PvP option. You should be able to decided if you want to have anyone join your battles, or only friends or even you solo the battle. Let's say you are battling a Draconian and you hit the "solo the battle" button and someone tries to join your battle (or a friend) a sign will pop that says. "Sorry this player wants to solo the battle" I really think this will cure the problem of the complaints of people just randomly joining your battle, give me your opinion.

Destiny DeathBlade
Level 59 Myth

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Orbit100 wrote:
So me and my friend were trying to do the quest "Save the Drakes" and we were almost done with this quest when someone just decided to join our battle. Now this made my friend super mad and it also made me mad, because we were almost done with the battle. And so on my friend was really upset. So to my option for PvE so it's basically like the PvP option. You should be able to decided if you want to have anyone join your battles, or only friends or even you solo the battle. Let's say you are battling a Draconian and you hit the "solo the battle" button and someone tries to join your battle (or a friend) a sign will pop that says. "Sorry this player wants to solo the battle" I really think this will cure the problem of the complaints of people just randomly joining your battle, give me your opinion.

Destiny DeathBlade
Level 59 Myth

As much as I love this idea, it will never happen.

People seem to think that social etiquette doesn't apply on the interwebz, but no one is above proper manners. Just as it's impolite to sit down at a stranger's table in the food-court, or "borrow" a chair without asking, it's equally-rude to join a battle without asking.

Don't get me wrong~ I'm fine with people joining my fights, as long as they contribute something and don't try to hijack the direction of combat. It grinds my gears when someone demands that I blade/shield/heal them or "keep passing and let me kill"... Uh, no.

(When someone says that to me, I'll purposely break his Feint with my wand-strike!)

Yes, it was rude of that person to join without asking first, but there's no sense in being upset about something you can't control. Due to the nature of MMOs, KI isn't going to put any measures in place that would restrict people from joining random fights... unfortunately.

Cheers,

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Well, I usually never join battles, that other people have already started, but every now and then, I do it so I can get my quests out of the way. I know it can be annoying, but some of the battles I join, the person thanks me for joining, thanks me for helping them because they are struggling, and they are too proud to ask for help. If people join my battle, I get annoyed some time, but its part of the game, I get used to it, win the battle and move on. If they result in me getting killed, I'm upset, but I move on, change realms, and try again.