Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is now immunity to Fire and Storm

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
dharpoon wrote:
AstroStorm wrote:
Storm already had a hard time in pvp at the time of Celestia, but now? The schools that excel in resist like balance ice life and death will continue to grow resist while the attacking schools are left in the dust. The thing that no one seems to get is resist calculates over damage, 100% damage is double the original damage, 100% resist makes all damage zero. I think that the system should be a canceling type of function 100% damage should cancel out 100% resist to make the damage normal.

I totally agree, whats the use of 90% damage boost if your attacking someone IMMUNE.

Apparently, some of you have never heard of Armor Piercing, you all might want to look into that.

Also, there is something called a prism, it changes a storm attack into a Myth attack.

These are not difficult concepts and are really easy to use.

I got cheese for all of you though, so smile and put on a happy face.

Funny thing though, I dont seem to have any problems defeating Ice on my storm, but then again, I must be just that good.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
Up to 101 resistance to fire and 102 to storm...

Ice can now be called immortals?

I don't see Storm or Fire wizards get 100 resistance to Ice.

The game has really favoritism Ice way too much, at this point only Ice itself can actually compete in PvP.

Oh yeah. Ice probably has the worst weakness and the best good thing about their school. Tell me, Armored Raptor, have you ever used strategies. By the way, they might have heaps of resistance for fire and storm, but damage counters that. Somebody with 100 damage (i have only seen 96 damage as highest for storm) is exactly like the ice has no resist and you have no damage!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
aditha12 wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

The game has really favoritism Ice way too much, at this point only Ice itself can actually compete in PvP.

Oh yeah. Ice probably has the worst weakness and the best good thing about their school. Tell me, Armored Raptor, have you ever used strategies. By the way, they might have heaps of resistance for fire and storm, but damage counters that. Somebody with 100 damage (i have only seen 96 damage as highest for storm) is exactly like the ice has no resist and you have no damage!

This is the most common misconception about resist and boost. Damage vs resist is multiplicative not additive property. A wizard with 100% damage boost vs a wizard with 100% resist will result in a net damage of zero.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
darthjt wrote:
dharpoon wrote:
AstroStorm wrote:
Storm already had a hard time in pvp at the time of Celestia, but now? The schools that excel in resist like balance ice life and death will continue to grow resist while the attacking schools are left in the dust. The thing that no one seems to get is resist calculates over damage, 100% damage is double the original damage, 100% resist makes all damage zero. I think that the system should be a canceling type of function 100% damage should cancel out 100% resist to make the damage normal.

I totally agree, whats the use of 90% damage boost if your attacking someone IMMUNE.

Apparently, some of you have never heard of Armor Piercing, you all might want to look into that.

Also, there is something called a prism, it changes a storm attack into a Myth attack.

These are not difficult concepts and are really easy to use.

I got cheese for all of you though, so smile and put on a happy face.

Funny thing though, I dont seem to have any problems defeating Ice on my storm, but then again, I must be just that good.

Armor piercing is a flawed solution that will lead to problems in the future unless KI makes some serious changes to the progression of the game. That being said, it is possible for a storm to beat an ice but why is the strategic burden so high? If an average storm player fights an average ice player, simply by virtue of gear the ice has a large perogative to win. How is it balanced that a storm needs to carry a convert and/or an infallible to even hope to damage an opponent? As a warlord you know the viability of converts...especially from second. Unless the storm is first and using shatter, it is not an easy battle by any means.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Ice has become over powered way to much. Having a levy do less than 200 damage is stupid. I have quit pvping altogether on my storm because it is to ridiculously unfair. Ice should have high resist but not this high.

Sean Goldblood lvl 80 diviner
Ps I am aware of this because of Rangetitan6 on YouTube, so if anyone who works at kingisle reads this go check put the video

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
actually i have a storm friend deleting the character yesterday. i told him not because storm may get boost next world but he would not listen. i feel sad because i used to do mirror lake with him and now he is starting with an ice. I am fire but i am also making ice now. but i wont delete the fire because i am wishing ice defense of fire may get boost next world. you know storm and fire are useless against ice so if we cannot defeat them, let them not defeat us either.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
FatesKin wrote:
aditha12 wrote:
ArmoredRaptor wrote:

This is the most common misconception about resist and boost. Damage vs resist is multiplicative not additive property. A wizard with 100% damage boost vs a wizard with 100% resist will result in a net damage of zero.

To put things in perspective a 50% damage resistance offsets a 100% damage increase. Only people as bad as mathematics as well Wizard101 programmers come up with the idea that 100% resist and 100% damage increase are the same thing, actually Wizard101 programmers are even worse in math than even this as they give 6% damage increase on pets while offering 10% resist alls to offset the 6% damage increase.... ie. Wizard101 programmers = complete fail at math.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
charzard9876 wrote:
Ice has become over powered way to much. Having a levy do less than 200 damage is stupid. I have quit pvping altogether on my storm because it is to ridiculously unfair. Ice should have high resist but not this high.

Sean Goldblood lvl 80 diviner
Ps I am aware of this because of Rangetitan6 on YouTube, so if anyone who works at kingisle reads this go check put the video

I never saw an ice with a hundred resist to fire but i saw one with more than a hundred resist on storm. I was shocked, every attack of the last bosses in mirror lake is zero lol. When I was starting, I used to envy storm because they kill the monsters really fast but when I started PvP, I feel bad for them. And I am glad I never took storm. Anyway, Fire can still not kill Ice but I am hoping for improvement next world. I am making Ice anyway.