Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Could You Not Like PvP?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The titles says it all. How is it possible to not like pvp? I mean, aside from the little kids flipping out on you if you win, and also that some schools are overpowered, pvp is still a chain of friendship. It's really how you make new friends, share experiences with them, and most importantly, have fun!

Practice pvp is less aggressive, so why not do that? People would say you earn nothing from it, but you earn friends, and fun. Not to mention a reputation.

Ranked pvp can get aggressive, but still, it's easy to handle and get used to. Block the opponent's pvp chat.

So, to all of you that don't do pvp, especially the ones that farm, and also the ones that do pvp 24/7 but still find it annoying, and just can reason why PvP wouldn't be fun: Why isn't it fun?

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
some school is overpower and some school have spell let them live forever,and some school have no chance fighting some school that's got crazy res. that's why. (i think you know what "some school" stand for what school)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
(i think you know what "some school" stand for what school)

Yep,

some school is overpower

Storm

some school have spell let them live forever,

Life

some school have no chance fighting some school that's got crazy res.

Schools that struggle against that: Fire and Storm. School that's loving their resist: Ice.

Well, aside from those, why hate pvp? I mean, it's fun to have to try to break through a wall, you have to admit.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
The only reason I PvP: friends.

Seriously, I get really mad at people who are sore losers and then proceed to cuss me out just because i used an enchanted card. Seriously, the resist is frustrating me enough, but I'm not usually up against Ice people.

The players here in Ranked sometimes come aross as snobbish children who have an eyes for strategy, but who can't deal with failures. That's how it appears at least.

Ionya, out.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Because I am really bad at pvp and everytime I have tried to even learn it or have someone help me get better all they do is yell. How can i have fun when a team member is all mad cause I didnt change my pet oh no they are going to know i am balance. duh they will know it when i am dishing out shields and blades of all kinds. that pet heals me why change it. i am balance but heaven forbid that i would like to attack myself geez i am only supose to boost and since i can heal too and have the life mastery amulet i have no chance of ever hiting without being called names.

oh and earth quake i dispise that move. i can handle every other move but that one.

It wouldn't matter if i always lost if only i met nicer people or actully had fun while doing pvp. Also pvp has caused problems for the real game too. People complaining because they lost. spells that were perfectly fine get changed. and things like that. ok so you have it this is why i dont like pvp. Its not something thats for everyone. And for people that do like i say good for you KI needs to make that money some how so they can pay the employe's I help that by gardening and pet training some people pvp. but what it really comes down to is having fun and if your not having fun why bother?

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009

some school is overpower

Storm

Personally i think the only overpowered school is ice. I used to think storm, but then I just bought a bunch of storm shield treasure cards. Ice is almost impossible to shield against, can do heavy damage, and has crazy health and resist. I love pvp, but I do think Kingsisle should do something about that.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I avoid PvP due to the generally poor sportsmanship on display in the arena.

Way, way back in the early days, PvP was fun and friendly; now it's a bully-fest.

I attribute this problem to the small percentage of "hard core" players who are not invested in the larger community of the Spiral.

I'd love to PvP again, without the current atmosphere of negativism.

Qbb

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
The titles says it all. How is it possible to not like pvp? I mean, aside from the little kids flipping out on you if you win, and also that some schools are overpowered, pvp is still a chain of friendship. It's really how you make new friends, share experiences with them, and most importantly, have fun!

Practice pvp is less aggressive, so why not do that? People would say you earn nothing from it, but you earn friends, and fun. Not to mention a reputation.

Ranked pvp can get aggressive, but still, it's easy to handle and get used to. Block the opponent's pvp chat.

So, to all of you that don't do pvp, especially the ones that farm, and also the ones that do pvp 24/7 but still find it annoying, and just can reason why PvP wouldn't be fun: Why isn't it fun?
well i did a pvp match with my friends today and it took 15 min just to find a match. not only that but i trully undstand how one critical can turn the tide of battle so freakin easily. i am level 80 my friend was level 77 and his friend was 75 so all super high levels agaisnt one max level and 2 level 15s. now i killed the 15s with my dragon and the balance guy had a shield and awesome resist so most damage negated. some time goes by(my blades hated me during that time and balance guy gets 7 pips then uses nova that was enchanted with colossal(he had 62 damage boost as well) and he criticaled and guess what we didnt block and he took out both my teamates one shot(the low levels kinda annoyed us a bit before we killed them) so im alone in the middle of a battle that we were 100% suppost to win. and just when it seemed like i was gonna lose he lost connection or something idk but i won. so anyways critical is way to big of a game changer in pvp

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I love pvp. It is a great way to learn,and meet new and interesting people. I don't participate in it here though,because in my humble and very experienced opinion,it is set up improperly,thus giving birth to the many complaints that flood these message boards.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
how do we break the wall?

That, my friend, is something that only you can figure out.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I like doing pvp a lot. It's fun and it really challenges us. If you keep winning, keep it up, if you're losing, see what's wrong with your deck and try something new. The only problem is the people, them and their cheerleaders, some of the cheerleaders would attempt to troll which barely works. I keep my pvp chat settings on because sometimes if the match is really long, I'll start a conversation and I find it funny how people rage whenever I do something.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

ok dude see what i mean here you are picking on me! again! you didn't reply anyone's post but mine dude i like to be friends with you so can you be nice?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Firefrog16 wrote:
I like doing pvp a lot. It's fun and it really challenges us. If you keep winning, keep it up, if you're losing, see what's wrong with your deck and try something new. The only problem is the people, them and their cheerleaders, some of the cheerleaders would attempt to troll which barely works. I keep my pvp chat settings on because sometimes if the match is really long, I'll start a conversation and I find it funny how people rage whenever I do something.

Yeah, I agree.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
I avoid PvP due to the generally poor sportsmanship on display in the arena.

Way, way back in the early days, PvP was fun and friendly; now it's a bully-fest.

I attribute this problem to the small percentage of "hard core" players who are not invested in the larger community of the Spiral.

I'd love to PvP again, without the current atmosphere of negativism.

Qbb

Yep, the good old days...

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

ok dude see what i mean here you are picking on me! again! you didn't reply anyone's post but mine dude i like to be friends with you so can you be nice?

Hmm? Oh, you. No, I actually hardly reply to you compared to how much I reply to others. But, I'm not you, so I can't really help you 'break the wall'. The thing is, in pvp, you just have to strive more and more, keep going at it, and never give up. You'll improve to counter anything, trust me.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

Hmm? Oh, you. No, I actually hardly reply to you compared to how much I reply to others. But, I'm not you, so I can't really help you 'break the wall'. The thing is, in pvp, you just have to strive more and more, keep going at it, and never give up. You'll improve to counter anything, trust me.

whatever man. i just want the game to be better and fair not fighting over some guy. KI want us to tell them about the game how player feels so that's what i did. btw i don't want to fight you anymore i'm done i try to be friend with you but you just keep saying bad stuff about me and tell me what to do so i'm done with you/

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

well i did a pvp match with my friends today and it took 15 min just to find a match. not only that but i trully undstand how one critical can turn the tide of battle so freakin easily. i am level 80 my friend was level 77 and his friend was 75 so all super high levels agaisnt one max level and 2 level 15s. now i killed the 15s with my dragon and the balance guy had a shield and awesome resist so most damage negated. some time goes by(my blades hated me during that time and balance guy gets 7 pips then uses nova that was enchanted with colossal(he had 62 damage boost as well) and he criticaled and guess what we didnt block and he took out both my teamates one shot(the low levels kinda annoyed us a bit before we killed them) so im alone in the middle of a battle that we were 100% suppost to win. and just when it seemed like i was gonna lose he lost connection or something idk but i won. so anyways critical is way to big of a game changer in pvp

I think that either the Balance wizard has the exact same stats, or he's me...

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

whatever man. i just want the game to be better and fair not fighting over some guy. KI want us to tell them about the game how player feels so that's what i did. btw i don't want to fight you anymore i'm done i try to be friend with you but you just keep saying bad stuff about me and tell me what to do so i'm done with you/

Okay, I'm confused. :? So, apparently, I'm mad at you and fighting you?? Um, okay, sure. So... I honestly have no idea what you're talking about *Confused*

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Ah pvp a bunch of spamming, stacking, crying, swearing, insult throwing, mess that has a ton of people screaming nerf and the school that is being screamed at screams back don't nerf because we are awesome. -.- Simply people are very biased when it comes to their school they will just tell you no and not back up there response with anything logistical.

That would be pvp in a nut shell. =P

Yes I do play pvp I am currently a death commander( so close to warlord only two matches away) and I have played 1v1 to 4v4. I have found that I despise 4v4 the most. It is just too much of a pain to deal with. Usually you will find a ton of life and ice tanks in there so saying you do win it will take hours upon hours before it happens. Also there are the smoke screen spammers who get their rank from playing low and just using smoke screen and tc smoke screen to shut you out.

I have found that I like 3v3 the best out of all the pvp matches, sadly that is the one with the least amount of people. 2v2 can just suck if you face a double ice team or a life ice team going second. Also 1v1 isn't super bad but its tough playing death in 1v1, I mean I do win but if I run into a person who can counter my bubbles then I am just dead.

So there is my summary of pvp go ahead and comment please do so... though if you wish to make an argument please support it with evidence...

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I love pvp! its so fun. i mostly do practice on my archmage fire warlord with my archmage ice warlord. on my myth noob i do ranked 1v1 mostly cause its fun and i almost always win on him.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Firefrog16 wrote:
I keep my pvp chat settings on because sometimes if the match is really long, I'll start a conversation and I find it funny how people rage whenever I do something.

Me too, lol

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

Was it not you who asked the question, correct? You got an answer, so why is there complaining? He never "dissed" you. He never said a negative comment about you. He simply answered your question, and it was you who was looking for something that had no relevance to this thread and decided to highjack it. That is indeed "frowned" upon in this establishment.

There is no need to react in the way you do, and i believe you owe joujou an apology. If you want to befriend people, then do not be rude.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
gougou101 wrote:
some school is overpower and some school have spell let them live forever,and some school have no chance fighting some school that's got crazy res. that's why. (i think you know what "some school" stand for what school)
There is something called "secondary schools"

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010