Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Banning Guardian Spirit Spell from PVP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
People like you are ruining this game, just because a problem arises doesn't mean everyone should just complain instead of fine a way around it. You can always prepare to attack right after they revive, use doom and gloom before you kill them. Gs has also been lowered to 15% making the revive only to about 1.5k health so grow up not even that spell makes life special anymore since everyone can have it. Everything from life is open to everyone including rebirth and unicorn its absolutely ridiculous.

i agree 100% and couldn't have said it better my self

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
open33 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:
People like you are ruining this game, just because a problem arises doesn't mean everyone should just complain instead of fine a way around it. You can always prepare to attack right after they revive, use doom and gloom before you kill them. Gs has also been lowered to 15% making the revive only to about 1.5k health so grow up not even that spell makes life special anymore since everyone can have it. Everything from life is open to everyone including rebirth and unicorn its absolutely ridiculous.

We complain because we don't have any reasonable solution for the problem. I stated before why doom and gloom is not that good solution. Killing the opponents right after he been revived is very hard because I don't have enough pips for 1.5k hit. also consider I need blading and the wizard has some resist. It also very common that they put tower shields to get more time for super healing spell. After revive the life wizard within 1-2 turns can restore his health to max.
If you never fought a lvl 80 high rank life wizard please don't put theoretical solution you think may work but you never tested.
The only think I agree with you that this spell does make life special. Now they can die unlimited number of times and still win by making only one single kill.

LOL I have, I'm a life archmage warlord atm and you know what I defeated other life who have used gs. In fact, I won while being second and without even casting a doom and gloom my opponent cast it and from then on I kept it on survived without dying once and I eventually killed him. You have to make sure you have enough pips for an attack right after you kill him lets say you mass blade and to kill your opponent the first time you use a meteor and when he revives you use a powerful efreet and boom done no more, game over its as simple as that. As for tower shields you can always try using your minion to break shields, shatter, pierce, earthquake, DoT's whatever pleases you.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
open33 wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
open33 wrote:
There is a problem with GS.There is no real counter to it besides doom and gloom. So far we could remove all the spells: like shields, blades and traps. This spell is impossible to remove. As you all notice the spell is actually summons a minion that resurrect you after been killed. Why we cannot kill the summon? Why we cannot remove the GS effect like all other spells?
The post stated a problem with the spell. However non of you life wizards gave any reasonable solution to the problem. How to counter the spell? Doom and gloom could be good only if you start fight first. But if life goes first he will get much better control and remove doom and gloom. Dispels are matter of guessing when the GS will be cast? The only works when life starts second.

Sariana1337, SantaIceBurg and dodgeballking
From your posts I can understand that you never fought against a true pvp archmage life wizard as other school. You don't understand the problem at all. Go fight some archmage life wizards while you using different school. When the life opponent has crazy healing boost spamming GS, healing and sanctuary, gnomes spell prevent the healing. Than give your opinion is it really possible to defeat them? How? and how much time it took you? Sariana1337: Yes you can say like with your post with "i know ices weakness" that you know how but you don't want to tell I think you just don't know. You against it because you life and that's about it.

Pyrsik
Your post can fit any OP claims for any school. The chances that KI will change the whole PvP system are very small and I don't want to stuck will GS tanks hours of boring fight. If life enjoy fighting forever good for them but some people don't. If life dies like 4-5 times in 1v1 fight and wins killing his opponent only once I think there is something wrong here.

Follow the rule when your life reach zero you lose.

lol i have beaten 50+ archmage life wizards and it is so simple to defeat them. Us your own new spells to defeat them with little hesitaion as to what they can do. As to the many posts i see about them they are very predictable. If they are so predictable then why can't you just easily see the problem? a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early. dispel can counter a sanctuary and so you can dispel, doom dispel, hit and the life is helpless. stacking pips is such an easy way to take them down so that while they can't even attack you you are building up blades and pips easy enough to take them down with very little skill needed. there are too many ways to counter this and simply you are just too young to figure this out. Guardian spirit needs to be back to normal and by banning it from pvp is such an evil thing to do. It is basically saying that you can have your enfeeble, healing current, mana burn, supernova, push, cooldown, snow drift, bad juju, mass infection, detonate, and even backdraft, but we can't even have our one little spell that finally can't be completely destroyed and made useless by an infection + doom and gloom combo. and even with a mass infection on it a simple satyr would only get maybe 100 max on that. Our ONE good healing spell that finally could only be countered by one thing and still be made useful has been nerfed and is now being asked to be banned from pvp! this is crazy as now life now has one good heal that can't be rendered completely useless is now completely useless. You sicken me how first you nerf it and then you STILL want to ban it!

First: archmage is a wizard at lvl 80 not 50+ fighting that low lvls is not even a question.
Second you the first person who said that defeat archmage life wizard is easy while other people complains about them been OP because of GS. Maybe you never faced 80lvl life opponent 1v1?
Third: "a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early." Its obviously a joke? I want to see it how you going to beat a lvl80 life wizard with single dispel. Consider that dispel may work with perfect timing guessing the opponent next move assuming that you start first. If i keep dispelling there is no way to get enough pips for attack.
Just to remind you when life got revived by GS all charms and wards got removed including dispels. Usually in that case I have not enough pips to make attack right away.
Fourth: I will be glad to exchange any of my Avalon spells for GS
Fifth: Infection is not real problem for PvP life wizard even Sariana1337 at lvl 62 can heal with satyr over 4000 health, besides infection sometimes got break by pet spritely and of course "Cleanse Charm" I have lots of TC of that spell. Doom and gloom can be easy removed. I need to spam a lot of that or make a perfect timing which could be achieved only if I start first.
Sixth: building up blades is not that easy and time consuming. Simple weakness and shield will reduce the damage to nothing besides all blades could be removed.

My conclusion is that you pvp as life wizard and all you want is just easy wins. Since your solutions are completely old and helpless. Even solutions to beat ice wizard are much better than that.

1. XD are you kidding me? you honestly though that 50+ was supposed to be the level? I am an archmage life myself and i can tell you that 50+ in terms fro anybody at least 5 years old means a certain NUMBER not a LEVEL of something. 50+ was supposed to be indicating that i have fought 50 OR MORE not level 50 and higher.

2. It is very easy since all you need is reshuffles. a single balance dispel would keep the life from using a reshuffle allowing you to gain extra time to kill. pip stacking easily give you enough pips to hit twice without worries. blades, traps, and a big hit can take the life down hard, possibly kill, and then the second large hit can easily take them out for good.

3. one life dispel timed early can easily destroy their spells and will cause them to look for something to use to take it off with. they could use blades, wands, and guiding lights but all those would have flaws in them that would not be good for their strategy.

4. It's a life spell lol sorry, but make a life.

5. yes she can but past a -65 doom and gloom and a -50 infection with another -50 infection? not to mention the tc version of all those?

6. well actually it could be time consuming but compared to the battles i don't really see the problem. I dearly hope you can get to at least level 20 today.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
ariana1337 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

i agree 100% and couldn't have said it better my self

1.5k health to a life wizard is like saying lets heal right back to full health. Sariana133 said that her satyr critical is about 9500 right imagine if you critical a guardian spirit with the life wizards boosts, i dont think that is right
and today most life wizards have myth mastery amulets so they can remove blades and prevent the opponent from stacking to hit twice. imo guardian spirit should'nt be allowed in pvp. you don't see a fire or a storm getting revived after dying. there should be some way of getting rid of guardian spirit like a earthquake. Sariana133, life wizards at level 80 have 4k health and a ton a of healing boosts, you are only level 67 and havent even used the spell. if you were a ice wizard it would take forever to beat a life wizard. i feel life wizards do need a boost but getting revived from the dead is taking it too far.

Wolf ashstrider level 80 pyro

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
NO is do not agree at all,

life wizards have the lowest damage in the whole game so your shouldn't be complaining and if you hate pvp cause us this then STOP playing PVP!

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
batistapopal619 wrote:
NO is do not agree at all,

life wizards have the lowest damage in the whole game so your shouldn't be complaining and if you hate pvp cause us this then STOP playing PVP!

"life wizards have the lowest damage in the whole game" - since your role in the game is healing not damage.
"so your shouldn't be complaining" - nobody complaining about life wiz damage.
"if you hate pvp cause us" - No one mentioned any hate. From your respond looks like we want to bun GS because you make us hate pvp. That's so low, blaming us on something we are not.
"hen STOP playing PVP!" - maybe you not aware that there are other schools besides life who want to pvp. Respond correctly and not by bad manners completely ignoring the problem demonstrating absolute careless about other people who are not life.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
open33 wrote:
TheDarkestMask wrote:

We complain because we don't have any reasonable solution for the problem. I stated before why doom and gloom is not that good solution. Killing the opponents right after he been revived is very hard because I don't have enough pips for 1.5k hit. also consider I need blading and the wizard has some resist. It also very common that they put tower shields to get more time for super healing spell. After revive the life wizard within 1-2 turns can restore his health to max.
If you never fought a lvl 80 high rank life wizard please don't put theoretical solution you think may work but you never tested.
The only think I agree with you that this spell does make life special. Now they can die unlimited number of times and still win by making only one single kill.

LOL I have, I'm a life archmage warlord atm and you know what I defeated other life who have used gs. In fact, I won while being second and without even casting a doom and gloom my opponent cast it and from then on I kept it on survived without dying once and I eventually killed him. You have to make sure you have enough pips for an attack right after you kill him lets say you mass blade and to kill your opponent the first time you use a meteor and when he revives you use a powerful efreet and boom done no more, game over its as simple as that. As for tower shields you can always try using your minion to break shields, shatter, pierce, earthquake, DoT's whatever pleases you.

What is your point? at pvp life vs life one of the life wizards will lose. If you were lost than the other life wizard could make the same post that he defeated you, a life wizard. If life only one meteor can kill life wizard that is life beginner pvp. Using DoT spell against life? what next? use DoT spell against myth?

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
dodgeballking wrote:
open33 wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
open33 wrote:
There is a problem with GS.There is no real counter to it besides doom and gloom. So far we could remove all the spells: like shields, blades and traps. This spell is impossible to remove. As you all notice the spell is actually summons a minion that resurrect you after been killed. Why we cannot kill the summon? Why we cannot remove the GS effect like all other spells?
The post stated a problem with the spell. However non of you life wizards gave any reasonable solution to the problem. How to counter the spell? Doom and gloom could be good only if you start fight first. But if life goes first he will get much better control and remove doom and gloom. Dispels are matter of guessing when the GS will be cast? The only works when life starts second.

Sariana1337, SantaIceBurg and dodgeballking
From your posts I can understand that you never fought against a true pvp archmage life wizard as other school. You don't understand the problem at all. Go fight some archmage life wizards while you using different school. When the life opponent has crazy healing boost spamming GS, healing and sanctuary, gnomes spell prevent the healing. Than give your opinion is it really possible to defeat them? How? and how much time it took you? Sariana1337: Yes you can say like with your post with "i know ices weakness" that you know how but you don't want to tell I think you just don't know. You against it because you life and that's about it.

Pyrsik
Your post can fit any OP claims for any school. The chances that KI will change the whole PvP system are very small and I don't want to stuck will GS tanks hours of boring fight. If life enjoy fighting forever good for them but some people don't. If life dies like 4-5 times in 1v1 fight and wins killing his opponent only once I think there is something wrong here.

Follow the rule when your life reach zero you lose.

lol i have beaten 50+ archmage life wizards and it is so simple to defeat them. Us your own new spells to defeat them with little hesitaion as to what they can do. As to the many posts i see about them they are very predictable. If they are so predictable then why can't you just easily see the problem? a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early. dispel can counter a sanctuary and so you can dispel, doom dispel, hit and the life is helpless. stacking pips is such an easy way to take them down so that while they can't even attack you you are building up blades and pips easy enough to take them down with very little skill needed. there are too many ways to counter this and simply you are just too young to figure this out. Guardian spirit needs to be back to normal and by banning it from pvp is such an evil thing to do. It is basically saying that you can have your enfeeble, healing current, mana burn, supernova, push, cooldown, snow drift, bad juju, mass infection, detonate, and even backdraft, but we can't even have our one little spell that finally can't be completely destroyed and made useless by an infection + doom and gloom combo. and even with a mass infection on it a simple satyr would only get maybe 100 max on that. Our ONE good healing spell that finally could only be countered by one thing and still be made useful has been nerfed and is now being asked to be banned from pvp! this is crazy as now life now has one good heal that can't be rendered completely useless is now completely useless. You sicken me how first you nerf it and then you STILL want to ban it!

First: archmage is a wizard at lvl 80 not 50+ fighting that low lvls is not even a question.
Second you the first person who said that defeat archmage life wizard is easy while other people complains about them been OP because of GS. Maybe you never faced 80lvl life opponent 1v1?
Third: "a single dispel will take a life down so hard when times even early." Its obviously a joke? I want to see it how you going to beat a lvl80 life wizard with single dispel. Consider that dispel may work with perfect timing guessing the opponent next move assuming that you start first. If i keep dispelling there is no way to get enough pips for attack.
Just to remind you when life got revived by GS all charms and wards got removed including dispels. Usually in that case I have not enough pips to make attack right away.
Fourth: I will be glad to exchange any of my Avalon spells for GS
Fifth: Infection is not real problem for PvP life wizard even Sariana1337 at lvl 62 can heal with satyr over 4000 health, besides infection sometimes got break by pet spritely and of course "Cleanse Charm" I have lots of TC of that spell. Doom and gloom can be easy removed. I need to spam a lot of that or make a perfect timing which could be achieved only if I start first.
Sixth: building up blades is not that easy and time consuming. Simple weakness and shield will reduce the damage to nothing besides all blades could be removed.

My conclusion is that you pvp as life wizard and all you want is just easy wins. Since your solutions are completely old and helpless. Even solutions to beat ice wizard are much better than that.

1. XD are you kidding me? you honestly though that 50+ was supposed to be the level? I am an archmage life myself and i can tell you that 50+ in terms fro anybody at least 5 years old means a certain NUMBER not a LEVEL of something. 50+ was supposed to be indicating that i have fought 50 OR MORE not level 50 and higher.

2. It is very easy since all you need is reshuffles. a single balance dispel would keep the life from using a reshuffle allowing you to gain extra time to kill. pip stacking easily give you enough pips to hit twice without worries. blades, traps, and a big hit can take the life down hard, possibly kill, and then the second large hit can easily take them out for good.

3. one life dispel timed early can easily destroy their spells and will cause them to look for something to use to take it off with. they could use blades, wands, and guiding lights but all those would have flaws in them that would not be good for their strategy.

4. It's a life spell lol sorry, but make a life.

5. yes she can but past a -65 doom and gloom and a -50 infection with another -50 infection? not to mention the tc version of all those?

6. well actually it could be time consuming but compared to the battles i don't really see the problem. I dearly hope you can get to at least level 20 today.

1. Just be more clear next time. I not suppose to guess what do you mean like in literature. If you a life wizard it not matter how many life wizards you won since you both can use same spells so its real fair fight. but for other schools its not.

2. "single balance dispel would keep the life from using a reshuffle" - for begginer pvp wizard its true. but many schools including life use not only reshuffle but also weaken, elemental and spirit blades. I myself have many clearance charms TC. I tested this balance dispel strategy enough times and to see that it works only for life wizard who are easy enough to beat without them.
Simple earthquake and all your blades gone, this is the whole point of myth amulet like other schools have life amulet. Shields will reduce the rest of the damage.

3. " one life dispel timed early can easily destroy their spells " - really??? I though one life dispel can destroy only one life spell. When did they changed the life dispel spell?
"will cause them to look for something to use to take it off with." - yes it is very hard choice I would bet the spell which cost zero pips. While I just spent 2 pips/power pips for this dispel.

4. you said: "It is basically saying that you can have your enfeeble, healing current, mana burn, supernova, push, cooldown, snow drift, bad juju, mass infection, detonate, and even backdraft, but we can't even have our one little spell"
Basically saying that our spell better calling your spell little. I suggest to exchange the spell giving you one of the 'better' spells.

5. you completely ignored most of my arguments at this one. giving solution for something that life can easy counter.

6. For the concept of time consuming I spoke about building a strong attack not for the whole duration of fight. Many lost their fight because of such a waste of turns. 3 weeks ago i fought a tank ice wiz who made tons of blades and traps. guess what? he never had a chance to use them I won easy.

From your answers looks like you skipped half of my response since you ignored many of my arguments. Clearly you don't have any legitimate solution for GS problem. Buy hey why should you care? I bet you pvp as a life wizard so other schools mean less for you.
I dearly hope you can get to at least level 20 today.

I not going down to your lvl answering to your provocation.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
alright so this may seem very late to say but ill say it anyway. are you guys happy because gs was nerfed? do you even care about all the life wizards out there who loved to do pve and got this spell that helped them so much only to have it nerfed and made useless in pve. my guess is no you people only care about your own well being in pvp. idk if you say it was for the entire pvp community there was no one telling you guys to not ask ki to only nerf it in pvp or to just ban it from pvp. now if you cant beat gs then you need to get better at pvp. now for those of you who say that life wizards always beat you with gs even though you are warlords then hey you lost get over it. btw before i move on why dont you people ask yourselves, how often do you fight a life wizard in pvp compared to the other 6 shcools you will most likely fight instead. now i want to ask you guys a another question, what if it was your schools spell that was getting nerfed because of pvp complainers huh, would you care or would you join them in trying to get your own spell nerfed. thats all i have to say but i will say one more thing. i hope you guys have had fun aparently still getting killed by all the angry life wizards out there in pvp

Defender
Dec 16, 2009

dude i hear ya life wizards do have the lowest damage in the game but look
it is the sacrifice we make to be able to heal as well as we do now i my self am a pretty good life wizard i am at least a pvp knight and i'm level 70 now by the way not 67 while my satyr may critical for 9.5K you know how much my attacks critical for with out blades 2K with blades 4K life wizards are where we should be but you know what i will instill you guys with some words of wisdom

for every successful life wizard lies a pack of haters AKA open33 and others

why don't you guys make a life wizard and stop whining because playing a life wizard while others may say differently playing a life wizard is not as easy as it seems while granted the hardest part is figuring out how to build your deck because no one will share how they built there's simply because they don't want to give away there strategy which is understandable

the next part is figuring out when to and when not to attack/heal
do i heal this guy who's at 70% HP or the guy at 65% HP personally ill heal the guy at 65% as i try not to allow my team to get below 50% minimum

the next hardest part of playing a life wizard is dealing with people who are not nor have they ever played a life wizard so they are always rude and disrespectful and are always saying

heal me heal me. i hate you but if you heal me i wont hate you. let me die and i will hate you. okay you healed me i don't hate you. wait why did you let me die i hate you now. yay you healed me lets be BFF's. wait what? no heal okay i hate you again.

the next hard part of playing a life wizard is dealing with the prejudice players toward's us such as open33 who from my point of vew for no other reason other then he simply does not like life wizards with every fiber of his being seeks to have us nerfed so hard in to the ground that KI might as well remove life wizards from the game and god forbid you find a problem with his school and come up with a reasonable fix

at which point he will come up with some counter productive idea to further nerf your school for even thinking his school was op and i still do feel that amount of healing the other schools can do should be fixed to the basic amount the card says can be done

but then open33 will come up with oh then life wizards attacks should be fixed as well when in reality they should not as we already sacrifice 17000 damage 19000 with out blades when all the other schools are doing 21000

any way my point is for every one who plays a life wizard there will always be a pack of haters behind you so it is up to us to stick together and back each other up as it is us against the rest of the spiral but together we can over come them so lets band together now and say no to GS being either further nerfed or completely removed from pvp as it is a vital part of our survival in pvp

why don't you people leave us life wizards alone as we have done absolutely
nothing to deserve your hate toward us and take your fail accusations with you and the fail accusation being that GS makes life wizards OP

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:
alright so this may seem very late to say but ill say it anyway. are you guys happy because gs was nerfed? do you even care about all the life wizards out there who loved to do pve and got this spell that helped them so much only to have it nerfed and made useless in pve. my guess is no you people only care about your own well being in pvp. idk if you say it was for the entire pvp community there was no one telling you guys to not ask ki to only nerf it in pvp or to just ban it from pvp. now if you cant beat gs then you need to get better at pvp. now for those of you who say that life wizards always beat you with gs even though you are warlords then hey you lost get over it. btw before i move on why dont you people ask yourselves, how often do you fight a life wizard in pvp compared to the other 6 shcools you will most likely fight instead. now i want to ask you guys a another question, what if it was your schools spell that was getting nerfed because of pvp complainers huh, would you care or would you join them in trying to get your own spell nerfed. thats all i have to say but i will say one more thing. i hope you guys have had fun aparently still getting killed by all the angry life wizards out there in pvp

Its funny but most of the pvp time I waste is for life pvp. Even though I fight most of the time non life schools. Life wizard killing from boredom. Don't forget that life school main role is healing his team if you don't have anyone to help you what is the point to play mmorpg? I also cannot solo all the fights myself there is nothing be ashamed ask for help.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337
low damage isn't the main factor of pvp or anything. No one complain about your low damage. PvP doesn't build upon loving or hating life wizards.

for every successful life wizard lies a pack of haters AKA open33 and others
How you measure a successful life wizard? I only against GS spell your imagination tricks you. If I was thinking life school is success how you explain that I have sixth different school wizards non of them life?

why don't you guys make a life wizard and stop whining because playing a life wizard while others may say differently playing a life wizard is not as easy as it seems while granted the hardest part is figuring out how to build your deck because no one will share how they built there's simply because they don't want to give away there strategy which is understandable
As I said before I have all school but life and not even thinking about this option.
About making a good deck is true for any school sorry but your school not special.

the next part is figuring out when to and when not to attack/heal
do i heal this guy who's at 70% HP or the guy at 65% HP personally ill heal the guy at 65% as i try not to allow my team to get below 50% minimum

Sorry but as lvl 70 life wizard you still making newbie mistakes. What if the guy with 65% hp is ice wizard with crazy resist and the one with 70% hp is storm with low health and not amazing resist?

the next hardest part of playing a life wizard is dealing with people who are not nor have they ever played a life wizard so they are always rude and disrespectful and are always saying
Wow so only life school have that problem. You a true chosen school.

the next hard part of playing a life wizard is dealing with the prejudice players toward's us such as open33 who from my point of vew for no other reason other then he simply does not like life wizards with every fiber of his being seeks to have us nerfed so hard in to the ground that KI might as well remove life wizards from the game and god forbid you find a problem with his school and come up with a reasonable fix
The hardest part is for you to find any reasonable argument for the problem stated here. Instead you made a complaining post of how hard are life for life wizard how superior you are above all how skillful you have to be as life school. Your problems are minor come one. Dealing with what making a deck? Healing people who need you? stop victimizing yourself. Your school not better than any other school. You never answer a reasonable response to my arguments i stated before. Only complaining and telling what you want.
at which point he will come up with some counter productive idea to further nerf your school for even thinking his school was op and i still do feel that amount of healing the other schools can do should be fixed to the basic amount the card says can be done

Since when life school deciding for everyone? Productive for who? Who does it benefits except life school?

but then open33 will come up with oh then life wizards attacks should be fixed as well when in reality they should not as we already sacrifice 17000 damage 19000 with out blades when all the other schools are doing 21000
All other schools doing 21000 damage. Is that a joke? Do you actually read what you write?

any way my point is for every one who plays a life wizard there will always be a pack of haters behind you so it is up to us to stick together and back each other up as it is us against the rest of the spiral but together we can over come them so lets band together now and say no to GS being either further nerfed or completely removed from pvp as it is a vital part of our survival in pvp
True for any school life is not special.
Your statement here is close to be ridiculous, since you don't have the GS yet but you stating that GS is vital part of life school. Besides its a brand new spell, meant before that life school was much weaker than other at pvp?
why don't you people leave us life wizards alone as we have done absolutely
nothing to deserve your hate toward us and take your fail accusations with you and the fail accusation being that GS makes life wizards OP

Who said that he hated life wizard? Imagination? We only want GS to be banned we have our good reasons you don't have anything reasonable to counter that.

i will instill you guys with some words of wisdom
Sorry I missed it. What was the wisdom part here?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
open33 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:

Its funny but most of the pvp time I waste is for life pvp. Even though I fight most of the time non life schools. Life wizard killing from boredom. Don't forget that life school main role is healing his team if you don't have anyone to help you what is the point to play mmorpg? I also cannot solo all the fights myself there is nothing be ashamed ask for help.
im a bit confused by the last part of your post, ase you refering to the part where i said gs is now useless because of the nerf? well first let me tell you im not life because it seemed like you thought i was life in your post. now anyways yes there is no shame in asking for help but this spell was life wizards new way to solo easier and get through the worlds without needing as much help as they normally do. now from your post what i got from you is who cares, life wizards were meant to heal me not going off and soloing a boss. ya thats what i got from your post lol. as for pvp again i am confused by what you said because you dont seem to be very good at making sentences.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
Okay people.

First of all, Guardian Spirit keeps NOTHING. NOTHING!!! No pips, no blades, NOTHING. It is not that amazing. Doom and Gloom kills any life wizard so if you really have such a huge problem with life carry a bunch of doom treasure cards and spam it.

This spell should NOT be banned from pvp. I am sick and tired of all the complaining! Just because life isn't its usual useless self in 1v1 doesn't mean you should put it back to that. Life has almost as low resist as storm so don't you dare start complaining about that. 42 resist is the best I have seen in a life, and I have seen much more in fire and myth. Don't get me started on ice.

Stop complaining and just learn to fight around it. If you can't find a way to beat a life wizard with Guardian Spirit, then you are not a very good pvper.

The only issue is when people spam it. It should be used at max two times.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
open33 wrote:

I suspect that you complain because you aren't invested in PvE. We have already had this discussion. Have you read the many forum posts about how PvP complainers are affecting the game for PvE players? You do realize that PvP is not the primary focus of Wizard 101, yes? You are aware the PvP was a secondary addition to the game, way back in the early days?

As someone else said, make a life wizard and play as a Theurgist before you start demanding KI nerf our spells to placate PvPers who don't want to learn new strategies. It is clear that you have no respect for Theurgy, which makes it equally clear that you know nothing of why we might need a spell such as GS in PvE. Here's a novel idea: Learn to PvP with a Theurgist. Then maybe you can learn our weaknesses and a good strategy to win.

Hate to give grief here, but @DarkestMask is correct; I, too, am very tired of these complaints from PvP players who don't care a bit about the game experience for the 85% of players who do not PvP. Stop being so self-centered; quest with a Therugist, learn something new.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb
Iridian Shadowweaver, Archmage Theurgist

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
natureluvr7 wrote:
Okay people.

First of all, Guardian Spirit keeps NOTHING. NOTHING!!! No pips, no blades, NOTHING. It is not that amazing. Doom and Gloom kills any life wizard so if you really have such a huge problem with life carry a bunch of doom treasure cards and spam it.

This spell should NOT be banned from pvp. I am sick and tired of all the complaining! Just because life isn't its usual useless self in 1v1 doesn't mean you should put it back to that. Life has almost as low resist as storm so don't you dare start complaining about that. 42 resist is the best I have seen in a life, and I have seen much more in fire and myth. Don't get me started on ice.

Stop complaining and just learn to fight around it. If you can't find a way to beat a life wizard with Guardian Spirit, then you are not a very good pvper.

The only issue is when people spam it. It should be used at max two times.

you must have forgotten the turn system in 1v1 when another school besides life goes second he/she has no control of the doom and gloom bubble because the life can change it right back to sanctuary. guardian spirit was meant for PvE because life could not hit hard and needed to stay alive longer to pull off a kill. in pvp life wizards have 80 plus incoming healing boosts plus they have a minion that can satyr. most archmage life wizards you see nowadays have at least 30+ resist and a myth mastery. this would prevent you from stacking up for a hit, also this spell comes in a pack and imagine if ice wizards use this spell against fire or storm, in other words fire/storm vs ice matches would last forever. i feel this spell should only be used in PvE.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
open33 wrote:

I suspect that you complain because you aren't invested in PvE. We have already had this discussion. Have you read the many forum posts about how PvP complainers are affecting the game for PvE players? You do realize that PvP is not the primary focus of Wizard 101, yes? You are aware the PvP was a secondary addition to the game, way back in the early days?

As someone else said, make a life wizard and play as a Theurgist before you start demanding KI nerf our spells to placate PvPers who don't want to learn new strategies. It is clear that you have no respect for Theurgy, which makes it equally clear that you know nothing of why we might need a spell such as GS in PvE. Here's a novel idea: Learn to PvP with a Theurgist. Then maybe you can learn our weaknesses and a good strategy to win.

Hate to give grief here, but @DarkestMask is correct; I, too, am very tired of these complaints from PvP players who don't care a bit about the game experience for the 85% of players who do not PvP. Stop being so self-centered; quest with a Therugist, learn something new.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb

Hmmm and are you sure about this 85%. Since I have seen that 25% of all wizards play pvp. Now to go a step further we must remove all non members playing this game since, with this removed logically this would increase the percentage of wizards who play pvp.

Also I love how people just get the assumption that pvp is what gets these spells changed. It was stated by the professor that great care goes into deciding if a spell will be nerfed. PvP does have some consideration but the affect of the spell over all of the game is put into consideration.(Sorry I couldn't find the original post might have gotten lost by now)

Not to mention I know plenty of Archmage lifes who can solo dungeons and worlds without guardian spirit. The game in general is very easy to complete for some of the schools. Mainly the tank schools wouldn't have a problem getting through it. Ice, death, life, and balance. Now some schools weren't designed to solo the game so much fire, and storms have more trouble with areas because of their low health. Really even in PvE the way guardian spirit is now is still plenty good. Normally I see it heal for about 1200 health(give or take). I see this as plenty since most mobs can't even do that much damage, unless they are a cheating boss.

So enough of trying to blame PvP for this mess. -.- Simply you have to share the spiral.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
well i'm not going to apologize for but GS officially makes us life wizards cooler then the other schools lolz

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
GS needs a 5% buff and no there does not need to be limitations on GS do any of the other schools have limitations on there spells no so why should life get limitations i for one will have at least 6 GS in my deck

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
gweedoboy wrote:

Yes I am soooo happy about nerfing guardian spirit. Nerfing spells is what I live for. I just love watching those life wizards flounder in pvp as I crush them under my feet. It just helps boost my ego even more.

All joking aside you don't even need gs in PvE. Plenty of my life friends can get through the worlds without it. So get over it nothing is gonna change.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:

Wow I see someone is forgetting a school hear. Seriously life isn't even close to the one with lowest damage. That would be ice. Now the average ice warlord has around 26 to 35 damage boost. Compare this to a life wizard who has at the very least 55 damage boost. That's double what ice has. --.--

So stop acting like life is a weak school. Guardian spirit is still a good spell.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
gweedoboy and queenlybluebean
You speaking about pve like the subject we all talking about isn't "Banning Guardian Spirit Spell from PVP". You both spent so much time writing about something we not discus here. So I will only respond about PvP.

natureluvr7
First of all, Guardian Spirit keeps NOTHING. NOTHING!!! No pips, no blades, NOTHING. It is not that amazing. If you think that GS is not amazing you probably not use it right.

Doom and Gloom kills any life wizard
True for every school wizard besides death school.

carry a bunch of doom treasure cards and spam it.
You forgot to mention buy death mastery amulet and start always the fight first and put lots of doom and gloom TC for only counter one single life spell. If you you get other school to fight than life you probably will lose since all tower shield TC replaced by tons of doom and gloom cards.

Just because life isn't its usual useless self in 1v1
Who are you to speak for the whole community of life wizards? If you feel useless without GS than you don't know how to pvp.

If you can't find a way to beat a life wizard with Guardian Spirit, then you are not a very good pvper.
You think about yourself and life school way to much. Try to read what you write before you actually post. Good pvper never measured only by his ability to counter life school new spell GS. As I said before if you cant win without GS you are not a good pvper.

What gives you the right to counter the basic rule of 1v1 pvp? When your life reach zero you lose. Right now life wizard can die infinite number of times and still win by doing only one single kill. Is that makes any sense?

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
well i'm not going to apologize for but GS officially makes us life wizards cooler then the other schools lolz

well i'm not going to apologize for but GS(The ability to revive from death) officially makes you life wizards necromancers (Death school) .

Sariana1337 wrote:
GS needs a 5% buff and no there does not need to be limitations on GS do any of the other schools have limitations on there spells no so why should life get limitations i for one will have at least 6 GS in my deck

GS needs a PvP ban and no it should not need to be used on PvP do any of the other schools can win after death no so why should life get privilege i against them have GS (extra lives) in deck.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Snowyandspots wrote:
Simply you have to share the spiral.

Surprise! So do you and the others who complain of PvE spells and get them nerfed for PvP. It's true; I've done the research in these and the Central forums. Since CL, the complaint/"fix" patters shows clearly that spells are nerfed due to PvP whining. It is also true that only about 15% of players classify as hard-core, professional PvPers.

Those hard-core gamers are trying to take over the Spiral from the families who play the actual game, and they have done some real damage to the EQUITY among players in the game. I've read several posts about how PvPers think they are the elite players, know more about spells, strategy, etc. Those few voices are so very loud...What ego abounds!

Really, have you read the extensive discussions about this problem? Search the forum archives for this summer, PvP, and PvE is Subservient to PvP. I guarantee you will learn something.

You can keep that little corner of Unicorn Way, but the rest of the Spiral belongs to ALL of us, and most of us are casual family players.

You are most welcome to attempt to provide research data to refute my claim. While you are at it, review the articles that explain how PvP tends to degrade the quality of game experience for casual players. Makes for some very interesting reading, especially as KI obviously hesitated to include PvP in Wizard101 at game launch. I do wish it had never been added.

Happy Researching to You,

Qbb

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
open33 wrote:
gweedoboy and queenlybluebean
You speaking about pve like the subject we all talking about isn't "Banning Guardian Spirit Spell from PVP". You both spent so much time writing about something we not discus here. So I will only respond about PvP.

natureluvr7
First of all, Guardian Spirit keeps NOTHING. NOTHING!!! No pips, no blades, NOTHING. It is not that amazing. If you think that GS is not amazing you probably not use it right.

Doom and Gloom kills any life wizard
True for every school wizard besides death school.

carry a bunch of doom treasure cards and spam it.
You forgot to mention buy death mastery amulet and start always the fight first and put lots of doom and gloom TC for only counter one single life spell. If you you get other school to fight than life you probably will lose since all tower shield TC replaced by tons of doom and gloom cards.

Just because life isn't its usual useless self in 1v1
Who are you to speak for the whole community of life wizards? If you feel useless without GS than you don't know how to pvp.

If you can't find a way to beat a life wizard with Guardian Spirit, then you are not a very good pvper.
You think about yourself and life school way to much. Try to read what you write before you actually post. Good pvper never measured only by his ability to counter life school new spell GS. As I said before if you cant win without GS you are not a good pvper.

What gives you the right to counter the basic rule of 1v1 pvp? When your life reach zero you lose. Right now life wizard can die infinite number of times and still win by doing only one single kill. Is that makes any sense?
alright you wanna talk pvp lets talk pvp and btw thank for basicly telling me you cant argue with any of our statements otherwise you would have said something besides im not talking to you people. well now first of all if you cant beat gs even after its been nerfed then i susspect you arnt a warlord(correct me if im wrong). second of all do you even try doom and gloom? if you have how many times have you tried it?(logic tells me you gave up after the first 2 to 3 tries, sorry but you are really arguing that this spell get banned). and again how many times out of ten you do fight a life wizard in pvp hmm? if all you people who post on this forum are as good as you claim you are then whats 1 loss every once in awhile gonna do(you may beat the life wizard anyways if you have the skill). now what gives them the right to counter the basic rule in 1vs1 pvp well lol ill tell you. KI gave them the right so if you dont like it dont 1vs1 pvp simple as that and as for Ki carefully nerfing this spell oh give me a break did you even read 1 pve complaint about this spell even in pve you still lost all your pips and blades plus the boss and his minion if its still alive will still be constantly spamming you with spells(yes i know that last sentence wasnt about pvp). now if ki does ban it i hope they would at least give it back its 25% or do you think they dont deserve it even in pve for all the trouble theve given you?