Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance prism!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
So today I had an idea for a balance prism. I'm sure someone else has had this idea before, but if not, I would like to bring it up. What about a random balance prism, it turns balance into a random school.

I'm not balance, so I havent been paying attention, but apparently in the higher worlds a lot of bosses are balance. I can see how this would make it difficult for a balance wizard. Considering it isnt exactly needed until the higher worlds, maybe it could be rewarded at the end of dragonspyre, when they have defeated malistare and talk to Ambrose.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
azont wrote:
So today I had an idea for a balance prism. I'm sure someone else has had this idea before, but if not, I would like to bring it up. What about a random balance prism, it turns balance into a random school.

I'm not balance, so I havent been paying attention, but apparently in the higher worlds a lot of bosses are balance. I can see how this would make it difficult for a balance wizard. Considering it isnt exactly needed until the higher worlds, maybe it could be rewarded at the end of dragonspyre, when they have defeated malistare and talk to Ambrose.

I have seen this post before. And like I always say: "Great minds think alike. Yet the worst ideas can spread faster." Lets think of it like this: "Great minds think alike." This is an awesome idea. "Yet the worst ideas spread faster." This means that this would be favoring the other schools giving them less work to do. I think if this comes out another spell would be added to the other schools to eliminate favoritism. Just something to note.

-VDC

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
Balance has no real school. Plus a balance wizard could use its second school if needed.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Balance is a real school!!! and we need a prisim because we cant fight balance very easily, Balance has no opposite so it would have to be a prism that changes the attack to life death myth fire ice and storm, and a secondary school is usless once you get past zafaria unless you get shields or healing from the school. Anyway the prisim thing is a good idea but the problem is never knowing what the prisim will change the attack into if it is random so if there are shields then it will be easier to fight but still hard...
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
Balance's balance prism is chimera.

Thank you that is what I say. Chimera does really nice damage if you blade up. Also use the traps for it too.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
What would it convert to?. This idea needs to be expanded because its not detailed in my opinion.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
conno365 wrote:
What would it convert to?. This idea needs to be expanded because its not detailed in my opinion.

Like i said in my other post it would convert randomly to one of the other schools.
~John Dragoncather Archmage Sorcerer~

Survivor
Jun 21, 2012
AceFirestorm101 wrote:
Balance has no real school. Plus a balance wizard could use its second school if needed.

ok first off, how is balance " no real school" balance is just as real as the other schools in wizard city. every school is of equal power.
second, notice that a balance wizard possesses the spells, Spirit shields and Elemental shields. witch means that a boss that is balance has those too spells. say the boss put up both of them at once. that means that the boss has a shield for all of the wizard schools. meaning the balance wizard can not use his secondary. (unless he finds a way to take away the shields). the boss himself is balance so if the balance wizard tries to use balance spells it wont do much damage do to the enemies high resistance. leaving the balance wizard completely unable to use any spells.
So a balance prism would be a Great idea because i myself am a balance wizard and find myself in situations like this ALL of the time.
the only thing i would not agree with would be the fact that the prism will shoot out a random school. i'm not sure what it should shoot out but i'm sure that the KI employees that specialize in this department can think up something. if not then i wouldn't mind it shooting out a random school.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
I am a level 36 balance wizard and i have had a lot of trouble with my quests in the higher worlds thank you for posting this idea. :D :-)

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
The three original schools were the elemental schools. Later came the spirit schools. Without Balance they wouldn't be able to exist in harmony. Balance has no opposite, thus no prism. You can always use your secondary school attacks, but wait.

Hydra, Spectral blast, and Chimera have come knocking at your doors. Will you answer?

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
azont wrote:

I'm sorry, but no...
I am an experience balance wizard and I think our advantages are pretty weak already. Dont get me wrong, but the Hydra spell crushed me when I saw how weak it was. Also, Chimera isnt that great. But I can see where your coming from, due to the fact Balance has no traps or wards.
We actually have weak spells in general.

As long as we're on the topic of shields, I'd like to throw this out here...
Tower Shields.
Look, sure, Ice is defence, but the Tower Shield is TOO FAR. -25% I'd get. BUT -50%?!?!

Tristan Shadowmender
Level 59 Balance Grandmaster

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
HYDRAA7777 wrote:
AceFirestorm101 wrote:

ok first off, how is balance " no real school" balance is just as real as the other schools in wizard city. every school is of equal power.
second, notice that a balance wizard possesses the spells, Spirit shields and Elemental shields. witch means that a boss that is balance has those too spells. say the boss put up both of them at once. that means that the boss has a shield for all of the wizard schools. meaning the balance wizard can not use his secondary. (unless he finds a way to take away the shields). the boss himself is balance so if the balance wizard tries to use balance spells it wont do much damage do to the enemies high resistance. leaving the balance wizard completely unable to use any spells.
So a balance prism would be a Great idea because i myself am a balance wizard and find myself in situations like this ALL of the time.
the only thing i would not agree with would be the fact that the prism will shoot out a random school. i'm not sure what it should shoot out but i'm sure that the KI employees that specialize in this department can think up something. if not then i wouldn't mind it shooting out a random school.

Balance does not have a school, technically. Balance is every school combined. They do go along with quite a desert theme, but it truely is there so you can learn every single school on a normal basis. I'm a level 59 Grandmaster, so I know this for sure.

Tristan Shadowmender
Level 59 Balance Grandmaster

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Converting to random would cause a lot of problems in PvP. I support a convert to astral magic(Sun, moon or star, doesnt really matter which KI chosses if it goes through with such an idea)

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
FatesKin wrote:
Converting to random would cause a lot of problems in PvP. I support a convert to astral magic(Sun, moon or star, doesnt really matter which KI chosses if it goes through with such an idea)

I agree that converting randomly would cause problems. Others above me have said Balance has no real opposite, but Balance type monsters have a boost to the Spirit schools. In other words, instead of converting to any school, it should convert to one of the Spirit schools intstead.

Heather Shadowthorn, who has many friends who are Balance.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Must i remind you all? Balance's balance prism is chimera. Their less effective prism is hydra.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
azont wrote:

I think that would be quite useful. The random aspect of it adds a bit of fun!
I love random!