Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prince Gobblestone

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Hello,

I was making a new storm wizard as my second wizard, and I had defeated the barons, greebly and rotunda. So i had to talk to the gobbler king. But I found it annoying that I had to fight prince gobblestone AGAIN. Please, I don't want to defeat more then I have to, so KI please fix this bug.

Jesbbag2
Evan level 67 life wizard
Evan level 13 storm wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jesbbag2 wrote:
Hello,

I was making a new storm wizard as my second wizard, and I had defeated the barons, greebly and rotunda. So i had to talk to the gobbler king. But I found it annoying that I had to fight prince gobblestone AGAIN. Please, I don't want to defeat more then I have to, so KI please fix this bug.

Jesbbag2

It's not a bug. It's how it has been set up for quite sometime.
And later on, when you need to go back there for someone after level 40 or so, you will have to battle him again.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jesbbag2 wrote:
Hello,

Jesbbag2

Cool your jets young wizard, the quest is that way - you must face this fight twice, I know 15 mins you will never get back but your wizard will face much worse over time.

Am not sure this is a spoiler but you could have marked the spot in front of the King the first time you go see him and use it for the second talk to. No credit to me - another wizard I quested with let me port to her since she had marked it already.

What is funny is on my first wizard I played hours a week and did it the long hard way, now that I am making other wizards I tend to want to figure out all the short cuts, which I currently have many of? The good part of taking my time on my first wizard though is now I know pretty much all of the Spiral accept Avalon and what to do when as I go.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
Mmmm.... It's not really a bug, but i agree. It's been like that for years, and needs to be reprogramed. If you carefully squeeeeeze around him, you might make it through. Just be glade you have already beat him.

Jack S. or Nelyacdoo: Transendent Storm

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
i was in a battle with Prince Gobblestone and i got a pet. it was a ice snake it came with a spell. i got it on my first try. :D

Explorer
May 27, 2012
bestwizardever28 wrote:
i was in a battle with Prince Gobblestone and i got a pet. it was a ice snake it came with a spell. i got it on my first try. :D

That isn't the subject! We are talking about the fact that you have to fight Prince Gobblestone WHENEVER you want to talk to the King Gobblestone. Besides. Ice Snake is actually Snow Serpent Besides. I got it on third try, and i don't care.

Mark Duskhorn, Adept Necromancer, Dworgyn's Star Pupil
Amanda Petal, Initiate Thaumatarge, Snow Angel's Guardian
Kelly Lifecaster, Initiate Theurgist, Seraph Princess

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
thepeakisalie wrote:
bestwizardever28 wrote:

That isn't the subject! We are talking about the fact that you have to fight Prince Gobblestone WHENEVER you want to talk to the King Gobblestone. Besides. Ice Snake is actually Snow Serpent Besides. I got it on third try, and i don't care.

This was incredibly rude; the poster was simply sharing information. Why jump all over him/her? It's not even YOUR question/post.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
thepeakisalie wrote:
bestwizardever28 wrote:

Wow. That is about as unhelpful and off topic as you can get. Not to mention, just plain nasty and rude.

On topic - There are many, many areas that you need to visit, visit again, aaand visit again. (to the OP- with a level 67 life, I would have thought you would have already experienced this, and you know it isn't a glitch/bug/design flaw - remember MB? how many times did you have to go back to the same place?)

Ironworks in MB and Labyrinth in DS come to mind on this subject- both are dungeons, and AFTER you complete them, you will be given new quests to GO BACK inside. And they will each take you multiple fights to get to the areas you need to complete your quest. So, my advice is "get used to repeat duels", the game is designed that way, and I don't see them changing it. ever.

~Amy lvl 80 Ice

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
bestwizardever28 wrote:

OH my gosh! you are NOT in the subject! They Shoudn't even put this post on the fourm!!!!

and ugh sorry for being rude but still! ..... i hate people changing subjects

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
i want ed the pet prince gobble stone drops i still do not have it i have killed him seven or ate times still did not get it i was so mad
i killed wen i killed him the fith time i was so sad

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
wizardgamer2415, i know you said that your not meaning to, but stop being rude! i dont even know why they would allow posts like that. and yes, it is annoying, but you have to go back a third time for the quest right before malistaire in DS, so get used to it. you also have to defeat biti nirini, and alot of other anooying bosses on the same quest. same thing with the labyrinth dungeon. it took me foreever to beat, and you have to go back , again, for the quest before malistaire, somthing else, and the summoning quest for fires level 58 spell. and you cant even see the creature!

Ryan Death, Legendary level 64 Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral, Master of Fire
Ryan Shadowstone,Adept Level 24 Necromancer
Ryan Trollshield, Apprentice level 7 Conjurer
(Pirates)
Strong Blaze Ashford: Level 8 Buccaneer