Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is MarleyBone taking over?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 21, 2011
Hello, I have started this topic before, but now its gone, lost, over.

In my opinion, Marley Bone is seriously taking over. I see Marley Bonians, in Wizard city, krokitopia, Marley Bone, Celestia and Zafaira (i haven't been to avalon yet)

This gives me the impression, that England founded mostly everywhere (not meaning to be racist to horrible in anyway here, but Marley bone in my opinion, seems like a dog version of London)

just to get this straight:
in my opinion:
Wizard City= America/Australia
Krokitopia= (old) Egypt (with the pyramids)
Marley Bone= England
MooShu= Japan
Dragonspyre=???? middle of a volcanoe?
Celestia= future? (the part when your on the floating land i would say is somewhere tropical)
Avalon= where king Arthur lived (i think England, old)

sorry if any of that offended anyone in anyway.

I know that marley bone people (dogs) are explorers, but it doesnt mean they have to be everywhere!

Also the so called "water moles" are a little bit offensive to me, seeing as they are actually platypus, an animal which only lives in Australia. also the fact that they where dressed in grass skirts and holding spears. they where also given an accent (cant remember what type but i do remember them having one)

I reckon that marley bone needs to settle down in their own world, not conquering others.

thanks for reading this, and i really hope marley bone settles down soon

~sydney pixie

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Dragonspyre actually refers to old Italy/Greece , as the Basicalla was in Italy, and the Labyrinith was in Greek mythology.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
I personally see more Wizard City or Celestia+ Running around, but it's probably the realm.

I think there are a decent amount at Marleybone, and every other world. There's Millions of players!

I personally like the Marleybone look, so even my DS/CL wizard has Marleybone clothes stitched for the appearance XD

Who knows though :3

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Marleybone isn't "taking over." They are explorers and have one of the greatest navies to get them around. An example of them not taking over is in Krokotopia. They are actually assisting the enslaved Manders against the Krocs who are taking over. Again, Thurston Plunkett and the Marleybonians were exploring Celestia when he discovered that Morganthe is attempting to take over/destroy Celestia.

Marleybone isn't conquering anyone.

If it wasn't for the Marleybonian explorers, expanding out within the Spiral, we may never even know about most of these worlds. The Spiral would be a segmented and disconnected universe.

Kudos to the Marleybonians!!!

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Good question. The answer is located in world history. There was saying in the past that " The sun never sets on the British Empire."

The British Empire was also known to have Adventurers associations as a part the society.

Around the world in 80 days
King Solomons Mines (Alan Quatermain the orginal Indiana Jones)

Just my thoughts

Sabrina Raventhief of The 6 Sabrina's of Doomy Doom.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
Since KI is constructing its worlds to mirror actual places in history, it makes sense that you see Marleybonians everywhere. Marleybone is based on 19th century or Victorian England. During this time period, many European countries including England had a great many colonies throughout the world. You probably won't see any Marleybonians in Avalon since that is based on the early middle ages in England.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
hey there. tristan t. stone here. not to be a party pooper but dad and i think it's based of of russia (the people there have a russian accent) just wante to say that

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
lionheart999 wrote:
I personally see more Wizard City or Celestia+ Running around, but it's probably the realm.

I think there are a decent amount at Marleybone, and every other world. There's Millions of players!

I personally like the Marleybone look, so even my DS/CL wizard has Marleybone clothes stitched for the appearance XD

I believe lionheart999 means the npc's.

Defender
May 21, 2011
lionheart999 wrote:

i am not talking about clothing or wizard appearances, i am talking about the game as in, the people in the worlds.

pirate8375 wrote:

Good question. The answer is located in world history. There was saying in the past that " The sun never sets on the British Empire."

The British Empire was also known to have Adventurers associations as a part the society.

Just my thoughts

I know that it is in history, the thing is, since when was this ever a history game?

Defender
May 22, 2011
i know i was just on vacation with my cousins who play wizard101 to and we were talking about it. i actually brought this topic up twice

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
pirate8375 wrote:

Just my thoughts

There has been many empires throughout time. Another good example is the Romans. The saying goes, "All roads lead to Rome"

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Op, you would rather everyone pretend that tribal people don't exist anywhere? You weren't offended that grizzelhiem has vikings with Scandinavian accents. Vikings were tribal, they just had more advanced technology than tropical island nations had at that time. Not all places in the world advanced technologically at the same pace. Those places that lagged behind in technologically spent a longer time believing in magic, which gives Wizard101 more material to draw from. As for the accents, I don't need everyone sounding the same when they are obviously from different places. You don't object to the manders who live in an Egyptian themed world and have Indian accents. Why do you care if an Australian themed world has characters voiced with Continental African accents?
Besides the water moles have stronger magic than the bears and the crocks.

I see a salute to ancient shamans, where you see a slur to modern people. It is a pity.
On the other hand you could be a troll trying to cause discord in the community. In which case you aren't really as foolish as you sound, you just use your intelligence to bad ends.
I am not sure which I would rather you be... :?

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Zoro987 wrote:
Dragonspyre actually refers to old Italy/Greece , as the Basicalla was in Italy, and the Labyrinith was in Greek mythology.

There is also the accent of the people you talk to.

Marleybonians are not taking over! They are just exploring the spiral.