Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

where can you get pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012

i have been playing for a couple months now and i have got some pets and i see other peple who have awesome pet how do i get them plz plz help!!!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Well, what pet are you looking for? Because your post doesnt help at all.

You can farm a lot of bosses to get rare pets, or hatch to get hybrids. A lot of pets can be bought in the pet shop or in the crown shop.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ajam20001 wrote:

i have been playing for a couple months now and i have got some pets and i see other peple who have awesome pet how do i get them plz plz help!!!

Pets are sometimes 'dropped' during duels. They can be purchased right in the pet pavilion or at the pet shop in the shopping district, and can be purchased with 'real' money in the crown shop. They can also be purchased through gift cards you buy in shops, like gamestop or walmart.
Not sure what "cool" pet(s) your looking for, but that should help. :)

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
The main way I get pets is from bosses that drop them. I got two pets--Yellow Ghost and Brown Spider--just from doing the Midnight Pagoda once. There are some quests that give you pets as rewards (In Wizard City you can get a cyclops and a piggle, and in Wysteria you can get a Golden Piggle) and there are always the Level 48 School Pets. Vendors throughout the Spiral sell pets. I typically talk to all the vendors to see what they can give me.
I think the most useful pets are bought with crowns. You can buy them directly from the Crowns Shop (that's expensive, though) or try getting them from a pack. Remember that it is never guaranteed what you get from a pack, but you'll always get some neat stuff. Some of the 'awesome' pets you see people with might also be hybrids, hatched by two pets together. Hatching pets does not guarantee a hybrid.
Sometimes, they give out free pets! I think they were giving out Brave Hounds a while ago. And vendors appear in the Shopping District around holidays to sell rare items and pets!

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
Well you can buy a pet at the pet shop in the commons. Or some bosses drop pets. You can get a pet in the crown shop also. Or some stores sell cards that you redeem to get crowns and a pet!