Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My pet utility dragon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
I was wondering if it is worth to get my utility dragon to epic. i have it at adult and it has spritely and gives unstoppable. Is it worth my time to get it to epic?
Also pet reccomendations are welcomed strongly

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well the thing you have to do is figure out what talents you like in a pet.
Once you determine those, you can see about hatching to acquire those talents. I used Sea Dragons, as their stats are pretty high, so the boosts will max out.
I spent a lot of gold, time, and mega snacks though, as sea dragons have a lot of epic talents. I did not want epic talents, so I had to breed those talents out of the talent pool.

Once you figure out what you desire, it is easier to get there. Many people like hybrids, still others like card giving, etc. A utility dragon is a pretty high pedigree IIRC, so you can start a program with that one.
Good Luck
Chris Nightwraith
Transcended Necromancer
WCP

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
zakariyaman wrote:
I was wondering if it is worth to get my utility dragon to epic. i have it at adult and it has spritely and gives unstoppable. Is it worth my time to get it to epic?
Also pet reccomendations are welcomed strongly

If this was mine, i would stop training at adult. its good enough to hatch with other pet owners looking for spritely talent and in exchange get better talents than unstoppable.

My reason to stop is because it doesn't have a card to offer which is a huge bonus to those pets that has them. I lean on pets having the dragonblade card (e.g polar cat, damp demon, aqua dragon), school blade card (e.g. the beast line - spark (storm), blaze (fire)) and other trap cards like feint (onyx shenlong dragon) .

I used to like the fragmented dragon before so much, but since it lacks the bonus card, i had to give up its awesome look for one that has more use to me.

Unstoppable talent is not exactly as useful as other talents like spell proof, spell defy, pain giver, ice/death/ life etc giver or dealer, mc unicorn/balanceblade/tower shield amd for me even sharp-shot.

But it still depend on your taste and willingness to keep one even without a card nor great talents as long as it strikes your fancy.

Hope this helps.