Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

HeckHound

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
so i just got heckhound in my lvl 20 fire wizard and im noticing its not really that good... some one please tell me how to use him because he seems really awesome...

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
derek020795 wrote:
so i just got heckhound in my lvl 20 fire wizard and im noticing its not really that good... some one please tell me how to use him because he seems really awesome...

Heckhound is like Tempest. With one to four pips, it's not much good. But, if you manage to save up pips use it. Five plus pip heckhound is every diviner's nightmare.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
derek020795 wrote:

the pet or the spell?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
derek020795 wrote:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Heckhound

A little bio on the hound. I had wanted to get one for my fire also but found the stats were a bit low for what I could possibly get out of the pet.

Hatching may improve things but would like another fire pet hatch so I may get more fire helping talents then other schools.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
derek020795 wrote:

you have to save your pips. I'm a fire wizard too. When I got heckhound it was useless to me, but it'll be essential in the future.

Defender
May 30, 2010
the heckhound works best the more Pips you have. if you have power pips and a lot of them you do much more then just a few pips and attack with heck-hound .. have a lot of blades and a lot of pips power-pips preferred you do much more damage .

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Try saving up pips, the more pips the merrier !

For extra power, try using a Fire blade and a Fire trap . Hope this helps.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
When you become a higher level and you start getting power pips almost every round it really starts to pay up. I used heck hound on a rank nine boss in wintertusk, with 16 pips ( 8 power pips ) and it dished out about 2,500 per round for three rounds. ( A total of almost 7,500 )

- Kristen Heart lvl 48 Pyromancer :D

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
Heck Hound is one of the most useful fire spells! However, you have to be careful when you use it. Now, it may be of little use to you, but is great in higher worlds. Use Wyldfire, Fuel (three traps), a Fire Blade and Fire Traps and it can be really powerful! And wait to cast it until you have tons of pips. (It can also be cast with one or two pips to remove shields). Heck Hound is how I beat Jade Oni :) .
-Level 50 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
Ah, I remember when I first got Heckhound. It took about ten levels before I completely understood it. I still use it a lot in Celestia, but it takes preparation to use it accurately. At a level twenty (I'm assuming you're in Krok) Heckhound can easily take out bosses. I use it with six + pips, plus fireblade, fire trap, and wyldfire & fuel (You don't have those yet).

Now, if you're trying to take out someone with a few thousand health, I suggest learning elemental blade and trap from Niles in Krokosphinx. If you stack all of those together, two blades will trigger, three traps the first hit, and one every round after that from fuel, plus the extra damage from wyldfire.

So, see? Heckhound is good :D

Emmaline Mythblade
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
If you want to get the most out of your Heckhound, The best way to do it is to use your firetraps and any Fire Trap treasure Cards as well using Blades on yourself along with the Wildfyre spell. If you have him set up with Traps and you have casted Blade and the wildfyre spell, You should be able to hit him pretty good with the Heckhound. I hardly ever use the heckhound because I have stronger spells than the heckhound. Lvl 78 Pyromancer. The Heckhound is a great spell, but to get the most out of him that you possibly can, Traps, Blades and the wildfyre spell are the way to go. By the time you have casted all of those, You should have plenty of Pips to be able to take out the Enemy or at least knock out a good chunk of his health.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I consider Heckhound with two sides.

Upside, the Heckhound is incredibly flexible, being able to use it at any round you wish, and being directly able to moderate it's damage output.

Downside, the Heckhound is damage over 3 rounds. Which I don't think is a huge upset, but meaning mobs are left alive longer.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
You are supposed to save up your pips. I still have heckhound in my deck, but I rarely use it because I just got fire dragon. I was helping a friend in drum jungle in Zafaria, and it was a rank ten boss. I saved up pips and used a backdraft item card on the boss, try using that for heckhound too, maybe if you can get a treasure card or something. Then I just put a regular trap on him(+25%). Then I had three blades on me and a blade storm balance blade ( my friend was level 74 balance at the time). Then I used fire dragon. It dished out 7789 damage in the first shot. Killed the boss. If the boss didn't die, I still wonder how much damage it would have done over time... Ah well.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Dont worry young pyromancer :D I always keep atleast 2 heckhounds in my deck. When your at my level you get the gear boosts the amulet blade and all blades you got during your leveling up if you get colossal too then it becomes really powerful. I can do up to 3000 damage a turn.

~Michael ThunderHammer Level 72 Pyromancer

Hero
May 02, 2009
Heckhound is an x pip spell, meaning it uses all your pips, and the more pips you have when you use it, the stronger it is (i.e. a 5 pip heckhound will be stronger than a 1 pip heckhound). There are also some x rank spells that only use a certain max amount of pips to use, namely the troll and cyclops minion spells.

When using x rank spell, the key thing to remember is timing; you don't want to use it if it would leave you very open to a counter-attack by your opponent.

I hope I helped some.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
freundt wrote:
When you become a higher level and you start getting power pips almost every round it really starts to pay up. I used heck hound on a rank nine boss in wintertusk, with 16 pips ( 8 power pips ) and it dished out about 2,500 per round for three rounds. ( A total of almost 7,500 )

- Kristen Heart lvl 48 Pyromancer :D

You can only have 7 pips at max (or 14 pips by powerpips) there is no way to get 8 pips.