Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Resist is to much along with there health

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
Last night I was pvping with three of my friends against a team of: Storm, balance, Ice, and another ice, we was winning the battle throwing out storm lords, sirens and power novas one after the other,when we was at there last man which was a level 76 Ice every attack we used hit him with barley any damage no mater how many blades or traps we used we could barley hit over 1000 after and he had about 4,567 health. After it was over I look at his stats at they was ridiculous, his resit was over 70 for each school and his critical blocking was close to 90 for all schools also. I mean come on when it take four people over level 70 to beat one guy don't you think you are doing something wrong? I mean I know ice has a horrible attack but that doesn't mean you give them ridiculously high defense, I mean I know storm has a high hit but come on when compared to ice you minds well quit. Please do something to fix this at least lower there defense stats to about 50 or 55 that's still high but not as high as 70.
Thank you for your corporation,
sincerely,
Blaze RedDreamer

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
This is maybe the 10th forum about Ice.

While I agree that Ice has extreme health AND extreme resist, it can easily be overturned. As for the high resist to Fire and Storm, converting is the only option, as well as pierce.

~Eric CrowSpear - Diviner

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Really? Again?
Look through the posts before reposting... this has been brought up many many many times before.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I think we have already gone over this in the last 30 posts. Somewhere ther is a topic about how ice is immortal. ~.~

It is annoying. I recommend you carry tc infallible and maybe some spears that will cut there defense down by 30%. At least that helps a little.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
First off, please use a dictionary or have an adult spell check your posts so that people can actually understand what you are complaining about.

This is an argument that has gone on since the day this game launched. KI will not change resist stats or health of ice wizards. Those things are the bonuses of playing as a ice character and the trade-off is their low offense. A new Stat called pierce has been added to the game recently. When gear becomes avialible to you that has pierce, please wear it. Or, you could try not to battle ice characters. It should also be noticed that gear that focuses on resist usually does not much for boosting attacks or other stats.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Converts do not work well against ice in pvp because an ice wizard should know their weakness and shield against converts ahead of time. Thus, the converts backfire. Anyways, why should any wizard have to pack converts just in case they face just ice? Lets hope that they dont go second or that trick will backfire even harder. I dont care how many wizards argue that ice gives up attack for the sake of resist. The sacrifice is insignificant. My ice uses waterwork hats and boots, but the avalon crafted ice robe. That robe is all i need to shut out fire and storm.

The solution is simple, leave all gear as is, but place a resist cap in the pvp arena. This would solve the problem for everyone. Once that happens, things would get back to normal. The problems that both ice and the other schools worry about will eventually work itself out.