Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Apparently, I'm a noob.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2012

Being new to the game and getting off to a relatively good start in PvP, I overlooked an important feature that may have cost me a duel. The chat options.

I was dueling a wizard who was fond of trash talk. Her sister was watching and trash talking non-stop. As it was, her chat bubble was right on top of where my wizard was standing and I could not cast my blades or heals on myself. Each time I tried it kept opening the player window. I never felt the need to turn off the chat options because talk doesn't bother me. That is, of course, unless the bubbles interfere with my ability to cast spells on myself.

I repeatedly requested that she move over a little bit so I could cast my spells, but she just called me a noob. It's funny when you think about it. What is more noobish that not knowing you can shut someone up with a simple click?

Anyway, lesson learned. :? And to my fellow noobs out there, seriously consider turning off chat when you enter the PvP arena. People will do anything they can to gain an advantage.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Sorry that happened to you.

In the future, if there's ever anything obstructing your wizard, you can cast your spell by clicking the 2D health display - where you see your name, or opponents name, and health.

Just click your own 2D display to target yourself, or your enemies' 2D display to target them.

Good luck in future PvP

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Wow, ok, that is a bit rude of that girl to disrespect your request. If I were you I'd just ignore her.

OR.... When you try to cast a blade/ward on yourself click on the name/health box. From my knowledge, nothing can block that :)

Cya in the spiral :)
Jasmine icebringer, legendary sorceress
Natalie jadeblade, magus theurgist
Caitlin WinterHeart, adept thaumaturge (captain too )

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012

Thanks, people. I didn't even think about clicking on the 2D display.

Honestly, I like dueling trash talkers. As I said, the talk doesn't bother me. Win or lose, it's just a game. But I get a thrill out of making those type of players eat their words by winning the duel. One of them reported me for "spamming" weakness. Of course, there is no rule against that, at least from what I understand. The funny thing was I only used one treasure card (one weakness) the entire duel! I just said GG and quickly ported out smiling happily to myself. :)

It must feel awful to lose to a noob.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I've met plenty of players like that. In one match I'll admit, it was a small puppet match as me and my friend (level 37 Death) were up against two players. So, she started attacking and I started spamming five, six and seven pip spells.

Near the end the boy got frustrated because he thought I was using treasures. Granted, I had just bought some for PvP but I had not touched a single one that match. So he then reported me for supposed 'cheating.' I then laughed it off and went back to questing to try and level up.