Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transcendent Artisan

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I think that there should've been a crafting quest in Avalon, and some more crafting choices, not just housing and a small selection of gear.

I really like Wintertusk's crafting, including the wands and amulets. Do think there'll be more like this?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
vaneairdbe wrote:
I think that there should've been a crafting quest in Avalon, and some more crafting choices, not just housing and a small selection of gear.

I really like Wintertusk's crafting, including the wands and amulets. Do think there'll be more like this?

Yes. Yes. Yes. AND YES

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
New to crafting and i have to say several times i have been left wondering what to do next. When I completed the crafting quest In Dragonspyre the instructor sent me nowhere to anyone and I sort of thought the crafting thing had ended. Then I am in the world of Cel. And go to floating land and there is a quest with the dock foreman or dock worker. I completed this quest and now I am dead in the water again as to what to do next.
Crafting to me is very unstable in that it leaves you wondering what and where should I go next. Right now I do not know what is next for my wizard in crafting. He has reached Grandmaster level but only by accident as he stumbled on to this quest.
Really, there needs to be one main Crafting teacher, one main crafting school, and one building to find it all in. It is so scattered and unrelated to each other it is hard to find your way around in crafting. So My quest book is empty, you tell me where should I go next to seek out quests for crafting? If you dont know and I dont know then things need to be changed so someone knows. Book empty. I crafted the seven seas last thing i crafted. Now dead in water. I wont craft anymore until I have a quest for it. No use in spending regents on things until I use my regents getting the required quests done. But where are the required crafting quests?

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Noooooo not another crafting quest. I hated those spirit caller drums and I am hating these spells I have to craft.

On the flip side yes I would like better gear to craft. The stuff in dun Dara sucks for death. Although the courtly dirk is good.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
New to crafting and i have to say several times i have been left wondering what to do next. When I completed the crafting quest In Dragonspyre the instructor sent me nowhere to anyone and I sort of thought the crafting thing had ended. Then I am in the world of Cel. And go to floating land and there is a quest with the dock foreman or dock worker. I completed this quest and now I am dead in the water again as to what to do next.
Crafting to me is very unstable in that it leaves you wondering what and where should I go next. Right now I do not know what is next for my wizard in crafting. He has reached Grandmaster level but only by accident as he stumbled on to this quest.
Really, there needs to be one main Crafting teacher, one main crafting school, and one building to find it all in. It is so scattered and unrelated to each other it is hard to find your way around in crafting. So My quest book is empty, you tell me where should I go next to seek out quests for crafting? If you dont know and I dont know then things need to be changed so someone knows. Book empty. I crafted the seven seas last thing i crafted. Now dead in water. I wont craft anymore until I have a quest for it. No use in spending regents on things until I use my regents getting the required quests done. But where are the required crafting quests?
Please stay on topic and with the thread. That is known as "Hi-jacking a thread." Please don't do it again, because this has absolutely NOTHING to do with adding a new crafting quest.

The next quest is in Baobob market. You must have zafaria unlocked to receive the quest.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I just want to clarify any confusion. The next crafting quest after Dragonspyre is available in Celestia on the floating land. I, too, wish the instructor in Dragonspyre would point you to him. He is the first guy that you talked to to get storyline quests. Once you complete the crafting quest in Dragonspyre, the grandmaster artisan quest will open up.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
NO I don't agree either I hated those drums I wasted over 75,000 gold on those drums!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
batistapopal619 wrote:
NO I don't agree either I hated those drums I wasted over 75,000 gold on those drums!

Why? They only required 64 fossils per wizard ;)

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
I love crafting, and I especially love my Transcendent Artisan Badge. Not only is it hard work, it super rewarding and cool to know I can craft anything I want to now, yay! I want to encourage anyone reading this to invest your time into completing this quest so you can make avalon gear, it's pretty cool.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Omahaguy1979 wrote:
I love crafting, and I especially love my Transcendent Artisan Badge. Not only is it hard work, it super rewarding and cool to know I can craft anything I want to now, yay! I want to encourage anyone reading this to invest your time into completing this quest so you can make avalon gear, it's pretty cool.

Um... There isnt Transcendent Artisan yet. Only legendary. If so, tell me where the quest is. Nice trying to lie ;) :P

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
The reason the crafter in Dragonspyre and Celestia do not send you to the next crafter is because they can't send you to a world that is not developed yet. You are coming through the crafting quest AFTER these worlds have been introduced. Same reason the guy in Zafaria did not send us on to another, the next world with a crafting quest is not released yet.

On topic: I would like to see new items to be crafted that are NOT along the lines of the spells or housing games.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Snowyandspots wrote:
Noooooo not another crafting quest. I hated those spirit caller drums and I am hating these spells I have to craft.

On the flip side yes I would like better gear to craft. The stuff in dun Dara sucks for death. Although the courtly dirk is good.

I just crafted the Courtly Dirk yesterday. I think that athame actually is a good exchange for my crafted WT athame.
Have not made it to Dun Dara for crafting the robe. Was not excited about the other Death gear in Avalon though. I crafted the boots that give universal block and the ring that gives storm, fire and ice block, but to me these are difficult trade offs for the loss in power pips and damage. At least the Courtly Dirk was better block vs loss in 1% power pips, IIRC.

I look forward to some newer crafted gear that actually rewards you for reaching legendary crafter, instead of stuff that is only marginally better than WW or even the crafted WT gear. I think that PvP is driving this, as the level difference becomes greater, the gear is actually being nerfed to make up for this. Or KI has to keep everything equal for PvP or the boards will light up.
pods