Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What would really help pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
okay well if you look at games like world of warcraft star wars the old republic
aion they have sets of gear for pvp that you can buy off of pvp vendors one of the problems with pvp that i have noticed is that while there is gear you can buy off of the pvp vendors most of it isnt really pvp gear its just items thrown in that do not help in pvp at all excluding the pvp rings and athems and the traning cards this is mostly just the armor you need to have sets of gear for each class that help people in pvp instead i see stats that where just thrown on the gear you guys need to completely revamp the pvp armor and take a look at what do players need to aid them in pvp well depending on the class resistance power pip chance HP block and damage crit chance
i can tell you what i look for for my life wizard as i play defensive i look for resistance block power pip chance and healing the other thing is you need to revamp bonus healing and make it one bonus instead of incoming and out going rename it bonus healing and make it count for both incoming and out going and stun resistance and make sets for each pvp rank dont just make a set for warlords and cammanders and expect every to reach warlord then get there gear and add bonuses to the set that depend on how many pieces of the set the player has such as a 4 piece set bonus for life all heal gets a 10% bonus some thing like that this would drasticly aid in fixing pvp pleas no flamers no trolls

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I don't know what DPS is, but the spell you got defeated by was probably Judgement, which is no offense, the lamest spell to use in pvp. Judgement does 100 damage per pip, and at your level, I'm guessing you fought someone around level 60, but Balance isn't an offensive school, trust me, I play Balance... a lot... Balance is a school that takes its own time to attack, as well as giving heck of troubles for the opponent to attack, not just with shields, but with dispels, Black Mantles, and also attacks. Now, the problem with you dying so easily against that, is the lack of your defenses. Yes, yes, Tower Shield is only 50%, but if the enemy is stacking up, what do you do, just sit there and wait? No, try to make your opponent heal, wasting his/her pips. Judgement is a spell that takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to finally get set up, and the blades and traps could be removed in just a snap. Try keeping some Earthquakes in your deck, train the Ice school up to Tower Shield, get Infections, if not yet trained, get some Life Dispels, and also a few treasure cards. Now, my Life wizard is only level 33, but does some serious damage when it comes to attacking. In 1v1, this is what I do:
1. Keep my pips high
2. Shield
3. 1 Lifeblade, 1 Feint
4. Use a Centaur/Seraph, whichever one you choose already does well over 1000 damage. Especially if enchanted
5. If I know that the enemy doesn't have any blade/trap removers, which is rare at Magus, I would stack up, as well as healing. Then, I'd use either Vampire, Centaur, Skeletal Pirate, or Seraph [I keep a Death Mastery Amulet]

So, Life isn't always about just plain healing, try to be offensive as well, but to be what Life really is, get a bunch of defenses, because that's how Life can outlast their opponent... easily.

Now, with Guardian Spirit, I really think it should be the way it is. Even when it was at 25%, Life wizards could fully heal, and my friend would heal more then this health, yeah, it did give troubles, but I have to admit it's not impossible to defeat. Well, at 15%, if you critical its 30%, and then with Life's natural heal boost, it would be around 50-60 percent of your health, so Life is fine the way it is, considering that Life can heal 1500 with a Fairy very easily. Just practice more, try to get more strategies, and then you'll get the hang of the DPS (Whatever that means) wizards.

By the way, Ice can get 5000 health...

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
If the lack of punctuation doesn't deter people from this post, the proposition will.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Man why does everyone have to scream nerf every school out there. I know I say it but at least I put up some points. I prefer it to be more of a debat.

To put it as blunt as I can you must just sit there in pvp and let them build and hit you. There is a reason why we have shields and different armour and resistances and aura and weaknesses, and plauges, and earths. Etc

Anyone can buff up with traps and blades all schools have them for a reason. Also use treasure blades to buff up even more. I don't see your point just because people can build we should make guardian spirit heal more, I don't think so.

For one use shields. For two level up some more, and three fight back with your own building of blades and traps.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Wow. I know complaints have been getting a LITTLE silly but really complaining about being delt damage??? How long do you think a fight with an 8k wizard would last. You mentioning yourself being 58 actually makes this post sound slightly more reasonably ignorant. Wait until you are 60 and you have access to WW gear that gives you around 30% resist and can be boosted up to 50%+ with other gear and pet boosts.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
i wasn't just complaining about being dealt damage its that there's to much damage 15K damage VS 2K HP is seriously over kill do you really need 15K damage to kill some one who only has 2K and my problem in pvp is mostly people are always trying to one shot kill me the other part of my complaint was that i was looking forward to getting guardian spirit to counter this problem but iv'e been reading on the forums that its now useless what is the point in being a life wizard if people are just going to one shot kill you in pvp that's my complaint i don't have a problem being dealt damage
now can we get back on topic pleas

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
That was some FILTHY grammer. I am not even sure what it is even about. My guess is someone lost and they got mad at the system. From the looks of the other posters, it was a judge spammer. tower shield. there is your answer.