Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

do any body know what is the strongest school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
i think its fire because powerfull spells like efreet and dragon and meteor crash and choose second school as life.

:D

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
yash54321 wrote:
i think its fire because powerfull spells like efreet and dragon and meteor crash and choose second school as life.

there is no most powerful school. every school has an upside and a downside, and are all equally as powerful. fire does not have the highest health, or not very powerful boosts (traps and blades), sometimes 3 round spells can be its undoing, and it seems to fizzle more than storm!
ice has the highest health of all, and is meant to withstand a lot of damage. It specializes in defence, with a tower shield always in hand. It has very high boosts, but has lower damage rating.
storm fizzles, and fizzles, and fizzles. it has the lowest health, and lowest boosts, but the highest attacks.
life has very low attacks, but its heals let it survive long enough to kill its enemy. it is a very popular secondary school and is very useful. life wizards are sometimes the easiest to get through the worlds. they have high boosts.
myth specializes with minions, which most people get rid of in the higher levels. i believe myth also specializes in being VERY annoying, with the two attacks to get rid of shields, high boosts, earthquake, and stun, stun, stun!
death has high boosts, and specializes in taking health from the enemy for itself. because of this, death usually leaves the battle with full health. i dont know if there is a downside to death. ask dworgyn if you want one.
balance is a tricky one to answer. balance has useful traps, blades, and shields. there is no balance shield, which serves as a weakness and a strength. oh yeah! weakness is another spell that is very ANNOYING. also, there is no balance convert because balance has no equal opposite. most balance bosses boost to life, myth and death. balance uses fire, ice, and storm in hydra, and life, myth, and death in chimera. used correctly, balance can be very powerful.

Theres your answer, fire is NOT the strongest. they all are. if you want to know which school is the awesomest, its ice. then again, i'm an ice wizard, so dont ask me!

The Nice Ice Wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
yash54321 wrote:

There is no strongest school. ALL schools/wizards have the ability to be just as strong as the other, played correctly.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I am unsure why this is in Avalon but the answer is...there is none. All schools are equal. Each with strengths and weaknesses.

Jasmine FireBlade, lvl 80 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem, lvl 70 thaumaturge

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
alica751 wrote:
yash54321 wrote:

there is no most powerful school. every school has an upside and a downside, and are all equally as powerful. fire does not have the highest health, or not very powerful boosts (traps and blades), sometimes 3 round spells can be its undoing, and it seems to fizzle more than storm!
ice has the highest health of all, and is meant to withstand a lot of damage. It specializes in defence, with a tower shield always in hand. It has very high boosts, but has lower damage rating.
storm fizzles, and fizzles, and fizzles. it has the lowest health, and lowest boosts, but the highest attacks.
life has very low attacks, but its heals let it survive long enough to kill its enemy. it is a very popular secondary school and is very useful. life wizards are sometimes the easiest to get through the worlds. they have high boosts.
myth specializes with minions, which most people get rid of in the higher levels. i believe myth also specializes in being VERY annoying, with the two attacks to get rid of shields, high boosts, earthquake, and stun, stun, stun!
death has high boosts, and specializes in taking health from the enemy for itself. because of this, death usually leaves the battle with full health. i dont know if there is a downside to death. ask dworgyn if you want one.
balance is a tricky one to answer. balance has useful traps, blades, and shields. there is no balance shield, which serves as a weakness and a strength. oh yeah! weakness is another spell that is very ANNOYING. also, there is no balance convert because balance has no equal opposite. most balance bosses boost to life, myth and death. balance uses fire, ice, and storm in hydra, and life, myth, and death in chimera. used correctly, balance can be very powerful.

Theres your answer, fire is NOT the strongest. they all are. if you want to know which school is the awesomest, its ice. then again, i'm an ice wizard, so dont ask me!

The Nice Ice Wizard

lol i like how you didnt say one postitive about fire and said there is no down side to death(i sense a biased opinion) well i have a storm wizard and sense you obvilously dont i will tell you storm fizzles way more than fire(i also have a fire wizard) and yes fires over time can be our undoing but thats the never the case if you know what your doing in fact it comes to almost all fire wizards advantage(not always in pvp) also i assume you are a low level because anyone can get accuracy boost as long as they are any level above 60. and there is something you terribly over looked witch is the damage boost. so lets say theres an ice and a fire wizard, the ice wizard has low damage but 40% blade where as fire has higher damage but a 35% blade so it evens out(although i think fire will do more damage). and as for death they have second lowest attack and arnt to good with all hit moves at all(scarecrow does 400 damage im pretty sure. so they dont fare to well when fighting multible enemies(when i say multible i mean 2) esecially when the enemy is storm but otherwise there pretty much good from there.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
Hey, who says life has low attacks? I've killed in one shot with centaur many times. In fact, there is at least one life wizard that has achieved the "one in a million" badge. Besides, who do you guys always look for when going into tough battles?

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
gweedoboy wrote:
alica751 wrote:
yash54321 wrote:

The Nice Ice Wizard

lol i like how you didnt say one postitive about fire and said there is no down side to death(i sense a biased opinion) well i have a storm wizard and sense you obvilously dont i will tell you storm fizzles way more than fire(i also have a fire wizard) and yes fires over time can be our undoing but thats the never the case if you know what your doing in fact it comes to almost all fire wizards advantage(not always in pvp) also i assume you are a low level because anyone can get accuracy boost as long as they are any level above 60. and there is something you terribly over looked witch is the damage boost. so lets say theres an ice and a fire wizard, the ice wizard has low damage but 40% blade where as fire has higher damage but a 35% blade so it evens out(although i think fire will do more damage). and as for death they have second lowest attack and arnt to good with all hit moves at all(scarecrow does 400 damage im pretty sure. so they dont fare to well when fighting multible enemies(when i say multible i mean 2) esecially when the enemy is storm but otherwise there pretty much good from there.
your saying that about death myth hasnt gotten an to all enemies forever you dont get it in rank 7 8 9 and the power for that one is only 310 thats why i have all these blades on me all the time

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
The strongest base damage school is Storm. All schools cant get just as powerful properly played.

~Eric CrowSpear - Diviner

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:
alica751 wrote:
yash54321 wrote:

The Nice Ice Wizard

Eh yah sorry forgot a couple things. I have a fire wizard, and she is pretty powerful when she doesnt fizzle. Fire has higher attacks, and has second highest boost. yes, you do lose most of your fizzles when your accuracy gets higher at a higher level. My fire wizard is a level 30, so yes, a lower level, but my highest wizard is level 77 ice.
death and life both dont have all enemy spells until they reach levels 48 (death) and 58 (life)
sorry i didnt notice that one before

in the higher worlds like avalon, the storm enemies are almost undefeatable because they have such high accuracy ratings. in higher worlds, nobody ever hardly fizzles, so schools like storm and fire lose that weakness.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
The strongest school in wizard101 is storm but they are very low on Heath And can fizzle a lot!

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
storm takes out most damage but fizzles alot and i mean ALOT!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
the answer is really simple = none every school has the same amount of cons and pros so there is no best.
but if you want the strongest school it would be storm which = really really high attacks
but there will never ever be a best school. never!

- Victoria
lvl 59 necromancer
lvl 20 life
lvl 30 fire
lvl 42 ice
and lvl 80 death

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I'm hardly an old-timer pro on wizard101 (level 50) but from my observations (PvE) the schools are fairly equal, but the player varies greatly. Especially on your first wizard when you are just learning as you go. A person's approach makes a big difference to the effectiveness of a wizard's school. A person's card-playing skills (logic strengths) and ability to strategize based on the situation makes a big difference too. Applying an array of strategies based on situation and adapting your strategies is very important. The spells you choose, the gear you wear, even your pet all make a difference. Not just the specifics, but the combinations.

A player's social skills come into play too. Sometimes you must have help to complete a quest, but if you don't have good friends to help it makes a big impact on the game. Friends that are also strong at logic and team playing (team strategies) make a huge difference. You must change your strategies when working with a team. Players will get frustrated and leave if you play selfish. Learning how to adapt to other players (whether they are good, bad, or just play different) makes your wizard stronger too.

But an interesting thing I have learned is you don't have to be awsome or have the 'perfect' character to do well and have fun in the game. Many players level up through shear patience and perseverance. I have met many higher leveled wizards that are terrible players (strategically). So don't sweat it. If you prefer a cute pet over the most "strategic" pet its not going to ruin your game. I choose good looking stuff over performance all the time, because I want to have fun - and look good!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
life because it has so many healing spells so when fire or lightning is about to die life steps in and heals them.
I actually did this today I helped a fire wizard through their quest by healing them to get them through in kroktopia. and the fire wizard did end up defeating the boss who had 2,000 life at the start

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
alica751 wrote:

The Nice Ice Wizard
i might correct you a tad bit, not much, but balance bosses also boosts storm.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
unicorndriver wrote:
i might correct you a tad bit, not much, but balance bosses also boosts storm.
I might correct you actually. They only boost when we convert to Myth.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
there IS a best school. the one that fits your play style

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I am a life wizard and i admit we are not the strongest school there is. The strongest school is either fire or storm. Both have advantages fire like dealing over time effects. And storm like stunning people. Yes storm does the most damage but if you add all the fire damage an over time effect does which is really betterComment plz