Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

18+ Chat problem...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
-Today I purchased crowns with my credit card, however I was unable to use open chat... To my knowledge of the parental controls, I believe the requirement to use open chat is, and as stated by looking under the parental controls section, "You must make a purchase before you can edit this".

-Then, by all means, aren't I eligable to use open chat? How can this be fixed?

- I appreciate any feedback.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
-Are you in the correct age collum? If not then your stuck with text chat/menu chat.

-Did you enter your Parental Control password correctly? If not, click on "I forgot my Parental Control Password"

I might not even know. But thats my suggestions :? ~Wolf Strongshield

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
You must also have a credit card on file with KI in order to verify you are of the appropriate age. Purchase of crowns through a gift card does not qualify.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Aritako wrote:
You must also have a credit card on file with KI in order to verify you are of the appropriate age. Purchase of crowns through a gift card does not qualify.

I do have a credit card on file, as well as purchasing crowns with a credit card. I did some searching and "supposedly" it's a glitch that came with the last maintenance.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Here. Let me clear this up: If you are 13- (under 13) you need your parent to pay for something (just to conform they are 18+) Then you go to parental controls and type the master password. If you don't have a master password, tell your parent about it, or if you are the parent, make one. Put a check next to text chat.

If you are 13+ (over 13) you may use text chat without purchase. I have text chat! Hope it helps,
Miranda ThunderGem Level 40, storm hound pet equipped, lioness mount.